Tutorial Installing mods for Starbound 1.0

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by The | Suit, Jan 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaptain zed-katze

Kaptain zed-katze Aquatic Astronaut

thx for the help

2. ClawMacKain

ClawMacKain Void-Bound Voyager

I need a little help with a mod I'm trying to install. I'm getting some issues I don't know how to resolve.

Firstly, I'm trying to install the Felin mod race custom introduction mission ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/felin-intro-mission.4434/ ) and I got it in a .zip, which I unpacked the main folder and all it's contents. It has a .metadata file in the folder along with its other contents. I try moving this to the mods folder of Starbound and see if I can start up Starbound to install the mod through there and Starbound crashes immediately when I try to run it giving me a long error message script.

So I instead try to install the mod with the Mod Uploader Tool and I get another error message saying "Error submitting changes to Steam UGC item (2)"

At this point I'm stuck and can't figure out how to get it to work.

3. ClawMacKain

ClawMacKain Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, nevermind. I think I found the cause of it crashing Starbound. I'll try something to see if it works.

EDIT: Yep, works now. So disregard this.

4. RacingCheetahz

RacingCheetahz Void-Bound Voyager

5. getrektfnaf

getrektfnaf Orbital Explorer

I added a .pak mod and nothing happened. (Canid mod)

6. PredatorH

PredatorH Space Hobo

hi this is probably a silly question but under my steam - steamapps - common - stardewvalley theres no mods

Donner likes this.
  7. MichaelTheWeeb

MichaelTheWeeb Aquatic Astronaut

I'm having a bit of a problem with the alternate human eyes mod ( http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/human-eyes.3718/ ) I do everything that follows but I never see any sort of .pak file, even after unzipping and all that jazz. I even unsubbed from the steam version (Which wasn't working) and when I reload the game nothing changes whatsoever.

8. WhySoPeaSoup777

WhySoPeaSoup777 Void-Bound Voyager

Um mine has .lua files... Anybody help me?

9. JohnsonHealth

JohnsonHealth Seal Broken

Can you put mods on Starbound Unstable? {Just asking because my friends normal StarBound wont work for some reason, so we resorted to Unstable which works the same.}

10. Donner

Donner Void-Bound Voyager

This is my first time trying to use mods on Stardew Valley. I really, really wish the Stardew Valley forum specifically had a useful "how to use mods" section. I did not have a mods folder either so I added one and then installed chefs closet there, but I can't get it to work. Can someone please direct me to a useful guide or offer me some advice please?

11. detonadorbrgames

detonadorbrgames Space Hobo

Coloquei o arquivo .apk na pasta, mas o jogo não funcionou ou abre

12. ShadeIllusion

ShadeIllusion Space Hobo

in my mods folder there is no .metdata do i still just drag the mod's files in the mod folder?

13. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's not the 'mods' folder that would have the metadata file, it's each mod itself that would have one. Yes just drop mods there.

14. JediKitteh

JediKitteh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Im sorry if this had been said before but my google searches have resulted in just the same Information that is here. I followed the instructions to the letter and still it's as if the mod isn't there. No one else seems to be having this issue and i feel like I've missed something important. Steam mods work just fine and I'd stick to that but one of mods I like (pre 1.0) just updated on here and isn't available on steam.

Here is a screenshot of my mod install folder with the path at the top. Any help would be appreciated as ive gotten quite frustrated with my own lack of progress haha. Seriously I have no clue what Im missing :rofl:

https://pasteboard.co/GDF6y3L.png

Edit: NEVER MIND! well I feel like an idiot haha. Turns out even though I had told steam to install starbound on my D drive and indeed there are game files and folders and everything on the D drive....I looked to where steam was actually looking and sure enough there is a starbound install on my C drive......so yep. Thats where it has been looking for mods. SO i moved the files over to the Mod folder in my C drive install and it works perfectly! Sorry again!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  15. Pixel_Datei

Pixel_Datei Orbital Explorer

where do you find the steam foulder?

16. JediKitteh

JediKitteh Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It depends on how you installed it. Best way to find your game folders and in turn your steam folders would be to open up steam and go to your library tab. Right click a game and choose properties. Then click the "local files" tab and then click the "browse local files" button.

17. loveingpanda56

loveingpanda56 Void-Bound Voyager

there is no .metadata file in my mods folder? ive looked everywhere else but its nowhere???

18. Rhiannon94

Rhiannon94 Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, I'm kinda new to installing mods, I have SMAPI installed and I want to add the Seasonal Immersion mod to my game. How do I do that? I unzipped the folder and it has a JSON file and 2 .dll files in it. I have no idea what the upbeat giraffe thing is do I need that?

19. GonDragon

GonDragon Pangalactic Porcupine

This is the Starbound modding forum. Probably you're looking for the SMAPI thread for Stardew Valley.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  20. Rhiannon94

Rhiannon94 Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.