Modding Help Peglaci Rebirth - Discussion

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gratuitous Lurking, Jul 11, 2016.

1. VultureOnAcid

VultureOnAcid Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you for replying. What do you suggest I do in the meantime? Am I stuck like this until it is addressed or is there another way I can fix this?

2. Proginoskes

Proginoskes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've heard a lot of good things about this mod. I'm looking forward to an updated rerelease! :)

3. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

in regard to the last bit: Spawn a peglaci, use the box and spawn objects from there. place down a crate or something and put any weapons you want from the peglaci there.

4. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

@Luthor614 so ship locker, fuel, and teleporter seem to have double frames and objects, which one do I need to get rid of?
    did some research hopefully didn't mess it up
    -files restored trying to figure out how to fix this mess, can't currently teleport off the ship

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  5. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

taking a break from that seeing if I can't get the story stuff done

6. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

while I work on that threw together a discord, reading up on getting the sail bot working, also threw this together.
    Pegla.png would make for a really nice mod icon

7. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

@Luthor614 wait you were working out the folder called Peglaci not Peglaic Rebirth werentcha?

8. CrypticXenon

CrypticXenon Void-Bound Voyager

So I've gotten SAIL to function somewhat, I know what to do to fix the pet. Just need to fix the navigation and fuel fully. Then the ship is hopefully workable.

IHart likes this.
  9. CrypticXenon

I've got the ship working. What still needs work is weapons, armor, effects, and probably more. I'm currently working on redesigning the weapon tiers to 1.3.

IHart likes this.
  10. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

I hate to ask this but......Anyone thought of a mech for this race?

11. CrypticXenon

Not as of currently, I've been busy trying to get the base mod back up and running. You can find my Github repo here: https://github.com/Unknown-Anomaly/Peglaci . You can check it out in it's current state. I still have a lot to go through. I have a discord server up here: https://discord.gg/ZFeF3wT if you wish to see or ask what I'm to. Mostly the github will have what I'm working on.

I don't have much artistic talent, more of a coder.

Zombielogic101 likes this.
  12. Zombielogic101

Zombielogic101 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, thankfully, most of the art is there, All we need is the code bent back into shape.

13. Virdex_

Virdex_ Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah they're coming! While you're at it, what about updating a bit their appearence? I like the art, but their in-game sprites look a bit "flat", maybe some shading will do (?)

14. CrypticXenon

15. Virdex_

OK, fine! Good luck.

16. CrypticXenon

Got the majority of the weapons working (? haven't actually tested, but they don't show up as PGIs) Now just need to tweak settings and colors it's getting a lot closer.

IHart and Virdex_ like this.
  17. Gratuitous Lurking

Gratuitous Lurking Space Kumquat

Doing the best on the testing part when I can. Honestly, what we could really need is an experienced spriter, I'm willing to try and get stuff tweaked if we really need to but having someone that knows how to sprite animated weapons easily may help a bit better than some derp that tried to create final fantasy ripoffs when he was ten.

18. Rolen

Rolen Void-Bound Voyager

So any new?

19. RafaelStron

RafaelStron Intergalactic Tourist

So, game crashes when i try to use the ship computer to fly away from the first planet: "Incoming client packet has caused exception". I'm using the version on github, with that initial gun working. Was on singleplayer. Hopes someone fix it soon, this race is awesome!

20. Virdex_

You sure you installed it correctly?