Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  2. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

3. tomatodownload

tomatodownload Space Hobo

never mind: i just found the problem and it wasn't cjb cheats related. it must've been a mixup between save anywhere and cheats somehow. once i removed save anywhere, everything worked fine. thanks to a suggestion earlier in the thread.

hi, i'm having problems with all cutscenes. it seems like the issue is due to cjb cheats. what happens is that cut scenes randomly stop and then the screen freezes with my character just standing there or black screen. i tried disabling all options in cjb cheats but it didn't help. i had to remove it from my mods folder to continue through any cutscene.

any suggestions? i'm running 1.2.30 on steam

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Gracefullstress

Gracefullstress Space Hobo

Does anyone know if the NPC Map Locations Mod has been updated?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@Gracefullstress NPC Map Locations works fine; SMAPI fixes it automatically to work with the latest version of the game.

• clueless frog

clueless frog Intergalactic Tourist

anyone else having issues downloading from nexus? I can't update the cheat menu and item spawner to download from nexus

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Periodically, they'll have problems, but these usually clear up within hours.

• luciaspade

luciaspade Space Spelunker

• make007

make007 Big Damn Hero

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Unfortunately I can't update that one. It comes in two parts: an XNB mod (which I don't update) and a SMAPI mod (which isn't open-source). You'll need to wait for the author to update that mod.

The mod page on Nexus has a new version posted recently and says "Updated to SDV 1.2". Are you having trouble with the mod?

• skaname

skaname Orbital Explorer

Not news to anyone here, but extended fridge is out of date... anyone know how I can remedy this? I'm not referring to functionality, but I imagine that if i boot my game without the mod I'll be missing ~100 items from my fridge. How can I take inventory of them so that I can use, say CJB Item Spawner to "fix" this?

• skaname

skaname Orbital Explorer

Context: I haven't played in almost a year and I want to get back into it. Yes, since before 1.1 even, let alone these newfangled sheds and cellars and covfefe plants

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@skaname You can safely remove the mod without losing any items. Each time you empty a slot in the fridge, one of the hidden stacks should slide into view. Let me know if that doesn't happen, and I can help you recover them a different way.

• skaname

skaname Orbital Explorer

Ohhhh, failing gracefully... look at all the wonderful software design paradigms you've incorporated into SMAPI based-modgod. Thank you. Any idea if having expanded fridge will prevent this from working properly or if the contents will simply populate expanded fridge mod? (seemless transition, hopefully?)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

If Expanded Fridge uses the fridge inventory the usual way, it should transition fine. I suggest trying it; if it doesn't work, just don't save. :)

• skaname

skaname Orbital Explorer

Pragmatic words of a true sage. I was attempting to just try it out and see, but one of the mods is causing a SMAPI crash... I think it may be the better bathhouse audio file. Sigh. Thank you.

• Flyteofheart

Flyteofheart Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, im trying to use this but it wont work. The links in her github post are broken.

Or anyone else if this user is inactive, how do I download the latest release that works with recent SMAPI and such

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Swifty Magee

Swifty Magee Void-Bound Voyager

I can verify that the Night Owl mod is outdated and no longer works with the current version of SMAPI. I've actually reported this on this thread, the Nexus page, and the GitHub page that the mod author has. The message "Updated to SDV 1.2" doesn't seem to be related to the problem...the issue is that the current official version of Night Owl only works with SMAPI 1.12. It needs to be updated for SMAPI 1.14 for it to work correctly.

It seems that the maker of the mod may not be available right now to fix the issue. If anyone knows how to update the mod for the latest version of SMAPI and can upload it here, that would be great.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
                              • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

If we're reporting outdated mods, it doesn't seem that anything from the SecondPlaythrough Mod (UiModSuite, which is already reported, and QualityOfLifeMods) seem to be working at all anymore. What a shame.

Thread Status:
                                Not open for further replies.