Modding Help Common Treaty Organization Mod

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Gniolliv, Oct 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gniolliv

Gniolliv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi everyone,

I'm back after a loooong period, and can finally manage some time to learn starbound modding. I've been following some tutorials, but i can't manage to make my things work.

At first:

Here are some things i've been working on in the past years, and would like to create a Starbound mod about this.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I just show you some work, to get more about the subject.

Tons of things planned, but my lack of modding knowledge is stopping me.
    I'd like to know if you guys got some advices, or just could give me a little hand to learn and then don't worry, i'll work on my own. ;)

Thanks,

Gnio.

kimkh5220 and Lucascoronel like this.
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

3. Gniolliv

I guess this is going to help a lot, thank you :)

4. Gniolliv

Hi everyone! I'm reliving this post, because i went back to Starbound modding a few weeks ago, and finally entering in alpha stage of the Common Treaty Organization mod. Here are some shots!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    More content coming soon ;) Already a lot of weaponry incoming, some vehicles, and a lot of gear! ;)

the1realdeadpool, harvie89 and Cyel like this.
  5. Gniolliv

[​IMG]

Some update, all C.T.O Uniforms you can make with all gear for now. From Left to right: Officer, Vehicle Crew, Improved Infantry, Standard Infantry, Base Crew, Light Recon, Engeneer, NBC Gear, Base Guard.

6. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Some really nice looking stuff here!

Gniolliv likes this.
  7. Gniolliv

Thanks! Today is the ship rework. Until I create one by myself, it's gonna be a placeholder. (Just a modified human ship for now)
    [​IMG]

the1realdeadpool likes this.
  8. Gniolliv

Well, i dunno if people are interested in or not, so.... I'm gonna post an update!

All icons reworked, proper crates created (3 for now: Main crate, Weapons Crate, and Gear crate.), new objects such as sandbags and reinforced sandbags.
    Also did some shell casing when shooting with CTO weapons. Also different kind of rocket launchers based on real life ones (standard, guided, homing....).

Soon closed beta, hit me up with a PM if you're interested in testing with us! :)
    [​IMG]

9. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Is this mod released yet?

Gniolliv likes this.
  10. Gniolliv

Nope, we're still in testing. But you're free to join us if you wanna participate! ;)

Russian guy likes this.
  11. snakeanarchy

snakeanarchy Phantasmal Quasar

this is really nice, i for one would suggest helping out Medicfast90/United Systems Expansion, i believe your already helping out WarwolfWoo/Starburner. Great art style, i would be happy to help test the assets.

12. Gniolliv

Yeah i'm helping Warwolf Woo ;) I'm giving him some assets and well. We're allies? x'D Thanks again, check your PM ;)

13. snakeanarchy

i remember reading that, and checking your (if i remember correctly) DeviantArt, very good stuff there. hoping a lot of it is able to translate over to SB.

Gniolliv likes this.
  14. snakeanarchy

suggested this on Warwolf Woos Starburner page, be cool if one of the heli could transport multiple troops like the drop ship in the concept art. Also, not sure if you've seen it, the barretts-armory weapons would look pretty good matched up to your stuff as well.

15. Gniolliv

Lil' Update, tons of new gear, even combat pets incoming. Soon Internal Beta reching v1.0 (We're working on v0.71) , After that Public Beta. So expect a workshop release soon! ;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  16. snakeanarchy

looking good

Gniolliv likes this.
  17. Lucascoronel

Lucascoronel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, It looks really cool :up:

Gniolliv likes this.
  18. Gniolliv

Still working on some stuff.... Combat dog and aiming lasers ;)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    We're at..... 0.73! Dogz'n'Lazor!

kimkh5220 and Lucascoronel like this.
  19. soldierfast90

soldierfast90 Pangalactic Porcupine

Wanna butt in and reveal some story elements that I've gathered from Gnio and wish to give some feedback.

With these weaponry and sprites, I think it would be best to have whatever faction that operates these weapons NOT be the Protectorate as it looks incredibly out of place considering the Protectorate's A E S T H E T I C.

The Protectorate operate as a sort of peackeeping military by ingame lore so having them wield modern weaponry like this seems somewhat out of place. I say that these vehicles should be operated by a more traditional military, like a rogue faction of space communists or something.

Other than that, I'm liking the progress and am now a part of this small group of modern themed mods. Although I can say this: The vehicle sprites can be turned into enemies quite easily. Needs more lasers.

Also snakeanarchy(alpha), the dropship will have to wait, WarWolf and I haven't reached that stage yet.

Lucascoronel and Gniolliv like this.
  20. snakeanarchy

no worries, doing my thing as tester and self appointed IDEA MAN! :)

On the Protectorate score, i have to agree to a point, you could however reference that this is an isolated enclave of humans, with similar ideals however quite militant in nature/temperament, having nothing to do with the Terrane Protectorate, due to various reasons (such as a sleeper/generation ship left earth before the TP was a thing and FTL travel was discovered, to an alien race transplanted humans they captured from Earth at an earlier time to a distant planet, there by causing development of different technologies).

The Protectorate is more like the UN than a freestanding Military, maybe like Star Fleet in the Star Trek series. Separate from the actual planetary/galactic government, but having to answer to them, or a separate body. i personally am not a fan of the UN in practice, as they dont much get anything done, and thereby cause Coalitions of different countries to actually handle the heavy lifting... idk why im on a rant. end of line.

So, in a seperate line of reasoning as the above, it would be cool if someone could use the original pre1.0 idea of having an orbital space station, reference Human Mother Ship. http://starbounder.org/Ships listed under unimplemented ships
    ^ i can link stuff right?
    Obviously with this art style in mind.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.