Modding Help How to fix mods broken in Stardew Valley 1.2

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Apr 12, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. copperhamster

copperhamster Void-Bound Voyager

Basic Sprinkler Improved (http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/833) a mod that just lets you change the pattern the lowest end sprinkler covers (not the number of squares, just lets you move them to, like, a line to the west or something) has just updated for SMAPI 1.14.1

• Hassan12

Hassan12 Space Hobo

when i open stardewmoddingAPI.exe Get an error message "SMAPI does not seem to be compatible with your game" need help

• othsout

othsout Void-Bound Voyager

Really need Smart Mod, could you update it as now is not working on SMAP 1.14+ / SDV 1.2.30
        looks like @KuroBear is abandon this Mod (hope not).

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Make sure you have the latest version of the game (currently Stardew Valley 1.2.30).

Unfortunately that mod doesn't seem to be open-source, so I can't update it. What's the problem you're having with it? Can you try it again (so the details are in the log), then reply with your latest SMAPI log attached?

• ecirteab

ecirteab Big Damn Hero

Whenever I try to start the fishing mini game at the ice festival, my screen just turns black? this happens at the fall festival when i ask the mayor to judge the items :(

[17:15:47 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
            at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\SGame.cs:line 520
            [17:15:47 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            at StardewValley.Event.checkForNextCommand(GameLocation location, GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.GameLocation.UpdateWhenCurrentLocation(GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateLocations(GameTime time)
            at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)

all my mods are updated to the latest, and smapi is at 1.14. Thanks for any help :)

• othsout

Hi,
              here's the log file
              I thought the Mod is conflict with others, but No. Even I activate only this mod, the error still occur.

Or maybe anyone know the alternative mod, I just need 1 feature; Tab button to put all the items in the bag to chests that is already on it

Attached Files:

• MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@othsout
                I use this in place: https://github.com/lambui/StardewValleyMod_StashItemsToChest
                It works without problems with me.

othsout likes this.
                • mrStorrs

mrStorrs Void-Bound Voyager

Love your work man. cooking prestige adapter isn't working though :(

Edit - -

I think it might be the the "cooking skill" mod thats not working properly

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
                  • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That kind of error is usually caused by broken XNB files. Try this:
                    1. Back up any XNB mods you want to keep (if you use XNB mods).
                    2. Verify the game integrity to reset your content files to default.
                    3. Launch the game. Does the problem still happen? If it does, let me know.
                    4. If the problem no longer happens, reinstall any XNB mods one at a time (ideally their latest version). Test after each install to see whether the problem comes back. If it does, remove the last XNB mod you installed.
                    Unfortunately SmartMod broke in the latest version of the game, so the author will need to update it. I posted a message asking if they could send me the code so I could update it for them.

In the meantime, I don't know of another mod that does the same thing; the closest is Chests Anywhere, which lets you access your chests from anywhere using a menu. You can create chest categories too for easy navigation. It's not the same, but at least it's better than walking to each chest.

What's the issue you're experiencing? Can you try it again (so the details are in the log), then reply with your latest SMAPI log attached?

• othsout

It works, but I get deprecated issue on this mod.

[20:16:37 WARN SMAPI] StashItemsToChest used Mod.Entry(object[]) instead of Mod.Entry(IModHelper), which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.0. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.

I wonder if this will break my saved game someday,

Actually I also use Chest Anywhere, and will be perfect if I can use SmartMod also
                      Anyway, thank you for your help guys...

• mrStorrs

mrStorrs Void-Bound Voyager

@Pathoschild - super fast response! thanks man. Cooking skill prestige icon does not come up. Every other prestige does just not the cooking one. Cooking skill still levels / applies bonuses and works for EXP bars. Just not the prestige adapater.

Attached Files:

• Swifty Magee

Swifty Magee Void-Bound Voyager

I just wanted to report that the mod "Night Owl" no longer works. It needs to be updated to the latest version of SMAPI. I've left a bug report about it on the mod's GitHub page a few days ago, so hopefully there is an update soon. However, if anyone knows how to fix it here, that would be great.

• ecirteab

ecirteab Big Damn Hero

@Pathoschild thanks for the reply! I use xnbloader to load all my xnb mods so I removed it, verified the game integrity and tired again, unfortunately, the error still occurs :(

• senlim

senlim Subatomic Cosmonaut

• mio36

mio36 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Tried removing some mods also tried rolling back SMAPI v14 to v13 see if it was an error with the files since uninstalling and reinstalling didn't seem to help. :/ Asked over on SRU and all I got was a no longer supported, but I can't really tell from my mods list what uses SRU to just delete it. I put a list of my mods up before but I just removed a few I no longer wanted. Everything was updated, mods SDV, but I'm still getting this SRU GameEvent error

EDIT: Finally able to remove SRU and it ran w/o GameEvent error but now this thing is still coming up when I try to load a new chara and it still refuses to skip intro even though the box is checked...

Attached Files:

• ss.JPG
                                  ss.JPG
                                  File size:
                                  136.6 KB
                                  Views:
                                Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
                              • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Your save should be fine; that mod doesn't affect the save file.

I have a fix ready, but it uses a feature in the upcoming SMAPI 1.15. I'll post a message here when the fix is released.

That mod was updated recently; make sure you're using the latest version. Let the author know if something broke, they're still around.

Come ask in #modding on Discord, and we'll help you figure it out. :)

Do you remember if it stopped working in Stardew Valley 1.2? The list isn't meant to include all SMAPI mods, since that would be too long.

Can you try starting a new character again, then attach your latest SMAPI log?

• Alue

Alue Orbital Explorer

Just a lill notice that the mod: Just Another Bachelors' Portraits Mod by JionEstellos
                                  Dose not seem to work after the upgrade, it worked earlier then all of a sudden it went all weird on me.

Thanks in advance ^_^//

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Alue likes this.
                                  • Alue

Alue Orbital Explorer

Thank you for taking the time and I'll give it a shot :)

• veganvulcan

veganvulcan Space Spelunker

Hi,

I see that Get Dressed is reported as fixed, but it currently seems broken for Mac. Dresser does not appear in room and trying to use any of the new fields (bottoms, shoes...) results in a skin tone change and nothing else. Any chance you know of a fix?

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.