Chat (BACK FROM THE DEAD)Pet Peeves w/ ur host Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetaFace, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you find that you are easily annoyed?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  3. Wut! No! Of course not! *sharpening javelin*

19.0%
  1. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

People seem to say hate a lot here, so I'll try to mix it up.

I am mildly irked when people don't take safety precautions, i.e. leaving an open stanley knife on a table, or not properly stacking books on a bookshelf. Like c'mon guys, it's not that hard!
    Also, little known fact but I once shot myself in the forehead with a spring-loaded party popper and a spiky tree pod, just thought you'd like to know.

I_am_the_Storm, MetaFace and Surenu like this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Friend of mine managed to shoot himself in the face and almost died. He's still in hospital. This may sound harsh, but be deserves it to be honest. Alcohol and firearms do not mix well.

MetaFace and Omicron445 like this.
  3. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Everything about High Rise Buildings.

They're very threatening and I don't trust them not to fall on my head. They spark my fear of heights. They're usually VERY UGLY too.

I_am_the_Storm, MetaFace and Surenu like this.
  4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

You'd love my city then. We don't have those at all. The tallest building - main headquarts of a bank - is 17 stories or so and it's the exception. Much of the inner city is still original buildings from the 12th to 19th century, at least those that survived the war.

MetaFace and BigEaredKittens like this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

You know what I hate? When people ignore food safty laws, one woman at work had dreadlock extensions that were too long, dragged across the food prep table when she turned around, and was just gross. Another man would eat food off the line and stick his still gloved hand in his mouth and not change the damned gloves, yes I reported him, no he didn't get in trouble.

Surenu likes this.
  6. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Here's one that I don't think anyone has said: When you're ordering food and you say something like "Please don't put any mustard on there." and they interpret that as "He doesn't like mustard? What a monster! I'ma put extra mustard on!"

MetaFace and Surenu like this.
  7. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yeah, it's like that with everything. I was at Subway recently and specifically said "no Jalapenos", guess what I found on my sandwich...

MetaFace and Waffle-Chan like this.
  8. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

A waffle :3(BTW, do you like Jalapenos?)

9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yes, but not always.

Here's another food-related one: People who can't seem to figure out what they want but get in queue anyway. Like, the menu is readily visible from the outside and multiple copies are pretty much everywhere. Figure out what you want, then get into queue.

MetaFace and Waffle-Chan like this.
  10. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I can be guilty of this, actually. But I think it's more that I get too nervous to remember what I wanted or start to second-guess myself but it's too late to back out.

11. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Well, that's another story then.

Also, another one: People in the checkout line who put their stuff onto the checkout belt and then run off to get more stuff, forcing you to squeeze yourself between your shopping cart and the three billion candies the stores use to make children annoy their parents just to let those people through. Shopping lists exist, people.

MetaFace and Pangaea like this.
  12. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I always get in line and always know what I want. I also always grab the wrong card first, and the first time I tried to buy one with my credit card it turned out I hadn't activated it.

A new pet peeve for me is when the forum doesn't give me alerts for threads I'm watching!

13. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Here's one. This one may be on the bottom of my Bottom 10. This has been going on for far too long.

Food mascots where the mascot is the food being consumed.
    An example. Crudely-drawn gore warning.
    [​IMG]

MetaFace, Surenu and BigEaredKittens like this.
  14. BigEaredKittens

My
    T-t-t-th-the HHHHHHOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR!!!

MetaFace likes this.
  15. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah, that's just a stupid concept. "Hi! I'm a sentient being and have so much to see in the universe, but I'd rather be eaten!" What kind of f**ked up morals are those.

16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Food mascots in general seem dumb to me. What does a tiger have to do with frosted flakes? Why should I trust a cereal that a mouse recommends? Do these people even know that mice eat their own dead children?

MetaFace likes this.
  17. BigEaredKittens

[​IMG]
    This guy's hairdoo.

Wow, it's so bad.

18. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

it's epic.
    just like his forehead.

MetaFace, Surenu and BigEaredKittens like this.
  19. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

when someone is telling people about science but they're slightly incorrect

20. RogueZephyr

RogueZephyr Subatomic Cosmonaut

It goes on for miles...

MetaFace, Surenu and Parrotte like this.