1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Digital Lodish's new art thread - Long live the King

Discussion in 'Art' started by Lodish, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

OH MY OH MY OH MY IS THAT AN UPDATE?

YES IT IS!
    (Spoilers because large pictures)

eijala_sad.png
    Portrait of a sad 'vali, kind of a new character I have plans for in the future...

h-Ex_2700x2500.png
    Another 'vali portrait, this time as a request from outside the forums. I've been doing some experiences with shading, and I'm quite happy with it! :3

deathtali.png
    A pretty big project: to make an avali look ferocious.
    So far so good...

novakram.png
    And finally, I started your request @Unikram ! I know, I'm a wee bit late, but... Yeah no, I don't have any excuses.
    Anyway, what do you think of it? I've tried to draw accurately the in-game clothes you asked for but there isn't enough detail in the original arts, so yeah >w< Also, I probably won't be able to put a proper background, this is still out of my reach :c
    Oh yeah, I can't seem to find any titanium revolvers on the wiki. I was tempted to go for another tier of revolver and call it a day, but they all look so different... Could you provide me a picture of the exact guns you want me to draw? I don't want to make any mistake >n<

Well, I'm surprised I drew so few things in two weeks. Time really flew over my head lately, as if days were just shorter.
    Anyway, I'l happy to see how I'm improving. Things that were impossible a month or two ago are now doable without too much effort. I mean, I managed to do a semi-complex shading, and a decent lineart!

It kinda weird to say that, but I feel good. Art-wise, and everything-else-wise. I am finally getting satisfied by my works, and this has a huge impact on my mood. (Non-productive nights could ruin an entire day, just because of me being in a foul mood)

Again, this is thanks to you all, you who follow the thread of an overgrown kid with dreams, and a pen.

I shall go to sleep now. Good night everyone, and remember how awesome you all are.
    :zzzweetdreams:

2. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

Whoops.
    Sorry Lodish, turns out it was a Durasteel Revolver, not a Titanium Revolver.
    But all in all it's good :D
    silly me

Firebird Zoom, Rima and Lodish like this.
  3. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Here's an optional request (if you have more than 5 requests, please don't do this, in fact report this post and say "Because waffle is stupid, and likes to waste people's time")

Make a really crappy waffle, I'm talking Dickbutt level of crap(btw, that's the title of the art, I'm not just randomly saying that), with a sword about to fight a giant Hel

Firebird Zoom, Lodish and Gearzoid II like this.
  4. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Heh, if you're asking for a crappy drawing, I can do thatX3

5. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Ok then (Only do it if you don't have any requests other please)

Firebird Zoom and Lodish like this.
  6. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

I was planning on doing it after I catch up with the rest >w<

Firebird Zoom and Waffle-Chan like this.
  7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Do it whenever, it's just optional

8. Taphy

Taphy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Request Alteration: Would it be possible to use the dog in the sprites I supplied but have it's face of on the camera, tongue hanging out and head tilted to the right?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  9. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

As I said (X+2,5)² times (where X is the biggest number you can count to in two minutes), I will ask for details again once I start a new request, there's no need to give me details now since I'll most likely forget about them.

So YES I will do that, but I will ask you for the details once again when I'll starts yoursX3

Dragonclaw, Dipdoo and Firebird Zoom like this.
  10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I can sense you're still swamped from requests, I hope you can get through all of it! xD
    I wish you the best of luck, coming from a fellow artist .
    Just a small tip: so you won't forget people's request, scrrenshot it.Always works for me. ;)

Btw, your avatar reminds me of pikachu . A pikachu avali! xD

Waffle-Chan, Lodish and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Thank you >w<
    Oh and don't worry, I always keep two lists of requests at all times :3

Firebird Zoom and Crossfang like this.
  12. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

That moment when you think "Hey it's been almost two weeks, better do an update now" and realize it's been 19 days since the last update.
    Internal clock must be broken, send help pls.

Anwyay, update time!

(Spoiler because large pictures, I'm drawing almost everything in glorious 4k now!)

I mean, I drew a random sketch and made it wallpaper sized for some reason!
    sleepyvali.png
    This is the kind of drawing that takes about 8*5cm on a notebook! Look at how big THIS is!

deathtali.png Badass 'vali went well, and even if the colours and shading are still a bit off to me, I'm happy with what I made there.

lookatthiscutie.png
    Finally decided to make myself a proper character! Look at how cute it is! :avail:D:

nezmira².png
    Finally finished this picture after... about three months. My, how time flew...
    I remember back when Gilligan asked for someone to draw this almost a year ago, and at the time I felt like I would never be able to do it...

@Unikram Sorry for the long wait, I was kinda blocked on your request... I didn't like the way it ended up, the whole thing felt too flat and lifeless... Boring. Yeah, that's the word.
    Be my judge:
    novakram.png
    I didn't bother doing shading, as it would end up looking bad anyway.
    Instead, I decided to redo it entirely! The main change will be the camera position, located much closer and giving a much more interesting view!
    See for yourself:
    novakram².png
    Oh, and don't worry, I won't take nearly as long as I did for the first version. It got me blocked pretty hard, and I spent a long time trying to see how could I possibly fix it...
    And today I just had the idea of reworking it from the ground, and came up with that.

So yeah, it shouldn't take as long.

Phew. I think we're done here.
    Also, times for some changes! I'm going to work on two requests at once instead of one, and put a bit aside personal works. I'd like to get rid of my requests so I can focus more on other projects in a near future...

So, next requester, please! @Firebird Zoom ! What was your request again?

In the meantime...:zzzweetdreams:

13. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

@Lodish , I've linked the post where I made the request.

Lodish likes this.
  14. Unikram

@Lodish Looks good! Can't wait to see the final product.

15. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Beep bleep update time!

Rather large project I am working on for a friend. Yes, it is a smol 'vali on top of a tol hydralisk.

zergvali.png You have NO IDEA how painful it was to draw each of these lines in one go. Hopefully it turned into something nice :3

Playing around with brushes gave me this. I like this.
    test_eija.png

@Unikram I am finally done with your request!
    novakram².png Still didn't feel very inspired for this one (despite redoing it once), but I hope you'll like it anyway...

@Firebird Zoom I finally started yours! Your thoughts so far?
    Kora.png

Next requester, please! @Yongzhi2000 , what was your request again? :3

16. Firebird Zoom

Put another sword in her other hand and place a pair of pistols on that bandolier, but otherwise it's pretty cool. Also, don't forget her boots.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  17. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Pretty sure those details were never mentioned beforeX3 (except the boots)
    And as for them, I dunno how to put them. I like the way her feet looks right now, and trying to put boots would just ruin the thing...

18. Unikram

@Lodish No background? My request said there's a volcano erupting in the background ._.

19. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Backgrounds are a major pain to draw. The process isn't the same as drawing the picture proper, as you have to rethink everything on another level depending on what you did on the foreground. And drawing a volcano would be far too hard, as it requires a whole new set of shapes and textures I've never tried to do before.

Simply put, I would fail at it. Really.

Crossfang and Firebird Zoom like this.
  20. Firebird Zoom

She is basically either an Assassin or a Ninja, so I could see her leaving her shoes at home if she thinks that they would make it harder for her to stealth. And for the other weapons, I forgot to put them in the description, sorry.

Lodish likes this.