RELEASED Longevity v1.5->v1.6 (DNPCD_BETA) [@v1.6.9]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Mar 13, 2017.

1. RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@xLast

I understand what you're asking,
    I just haven't looked into it since player money wasn't intended to be negative.

• CaptainFoxx

CaptainFoxx Pangalactic Porcupine

Minor issue with sunflower seeds: THey can be bought in summer like normal, but cant be planted in summer as intended.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

• Anya82

Anya82 Space Hobo

Hello,
        I had this same problem but I figured it out pretty quick. You have to dig a spot with your hoe and then plant the tree, like a crop. The vanilla trees don't require this so admittedly it limits where you can plant the new trees but if you have a lot of farm space, it's not a big deal.

Last edited: May 15, 2017
          RTGOAT likes this.
        • bethany7

bethany7 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi,

I have just installed Longevity but can't seem to get it working. Admittedly, I haven't used it before so don't know what to expect, but so far (2 in game weeks) I haven't been taxed at all, and when attempting to open the menu with Tab, it flashes up and then immediately disappears again. When changing the key bind, it doesn't do anything at all. The only error I get from SMAPI is the following:

[01:08:31 ERROR SMAPI] The Longevity.InformationMenu menu crashed while drawing itself. SMAPI will force it to exit to avoid crashing the game.
          Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: The content file was not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Content/../Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb ---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/Users/batahluwalia7/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/Resources/Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb".
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) <0x1039c6930 + 0x0022f> in <filename unknown>:0
          at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share) <0x1039c68c0 + 0x00053> in <filename unknown>:0
          at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare)
          at System.IO.File.OpenRead (System.String path) <0x1039c6750 + 0x0004a> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.PlatformOpenStream (System.String safeName) <0x10cd328d0 + 0x00035> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream (System.String name) <0x10cd28d30 + 0x0008d> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream (System.String name) <0x10cd28d30 + 0x00137> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x10ce38f90 + 0x000a5> in <filename unknown>:0
          --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream (System.String assetName) <0x10ce38f90 + 0x00135> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T] (System.String assetName, System.Action`1 recordDisposableObject) <0x10ce38a00 + 0x001c5> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10ce38770 + 0x00156> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10ce38600 + 0x00112> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SContentManager.Load[T] (System.String assetName) <0x10ce35810 + 0x000b8> in <filename unknown>:0
          at Longevity.InformationMenu.draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch b) <0x1717f1920 + 0x000ad> in <filename unknown>:0
          at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.SGame.Draw (Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime gameTime) <0x1614b8000 + 0x0ecbf> in <filename unknown>:0

I may well be doing something very wrong, but I just can't figure out what!

Running the latest Stardew and SMAPI, MacOS Sierra. Thanks for any help you can offer!

EDIT: I may be on the wrong track, but I have noticed that the path "/Users/batahluwalia7/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/Resources/Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb" is NOT the path to the mods folder on Mac (at least, not mine). Instead it should be "/Users/batahluwalia7/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS/Mods/Longevity/Menu/TabHolder.xnb.
          Is this the source of the error? All other mods I use run okay, so I'm fairly sure that my mods folder is in the correct place.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
          • Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Longevity taxes you at the end of every season, i.e. your Spring tax will come in on the 1st of Summer, etc..

• bethany7

bethany7 Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, that probably explains that part. Still can't get the menu to come up though :/ Thank you.

EDIT: After further testing, I still haven't been taxed (as of Summer 10). However, I can see the new crops at Pierre's. So something is working correctly at least!

Last edited: May 17, 2017
              • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@bethany7

Yes, as xuomi said, taxes will pop on the first of a new season when you first leave your house.

As for the error, this is indeed an issue with the pathing of an xnb file.
                You will need to move the "Menu" folder into that path so files inside it are found.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Longevity v1.6.4:

This should be my second to last patch for the v1.6 series.

Current [v1.6.4]:

• Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed shipped items to not count towards diminishing returns (DR).
                  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes ignore and skip DR reductions.
                  • Fixed a bug that sometimes allowed the player to not be charged for capital and water taxes.
                  • Taxes should now properly work for the first season of a new game.
                  • Tax menu should now consistently update in real-time.
                  • Sunflower seeds should now be plantable in the summer.
                  • Added hovertext tags to Longevity Menu buttons.
                  • Fruits, vegetables, and flowers in Longevity Menu now have hovertext to show artisan good prices.

Next [v1.6.5] (Release: TBD):

• Page 1 will be filled out (This time for sure).
                  • All other items will be added to Longevity Menu item pages.
                  • Updating and correcting MCM crop descriptions.
                  • Starting DNPCD framework (Leah will be the first DNPCD npc; she will also use @IronZelly's DNPCC variations).
                  • Starting Sodas framework (Player will be able to make and sell sodas).

Thank you for your continued support!

• LordXamon

LordXamon Void-Bound Voyager

Question: to play with the mcm disabled, is it enough to configure the parameter in the configuration file? Should I override Content anyway or can I leave everything by default?

Another question: is it possible to download the source code of the mod? For what little I've tried, there don't seem to be many lines of text, so I'd like to translate it into my language

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LordXamon

Turning off MCM in the config should be enough.
                      However, there are combinations of config settings that may have undesirable results.

I only test with all systems on so it is hard for me to make sure each combination works properly.

My source is private and will remain that way, however, there is nothing to translate in Longevity currently (Except MCM which you won't be using).

• LordXamon

That's why I wanted to translate it xD
                        Anyway thanks for responding

I also want to report a bug: The day starts at '6:1' (instead of '6:00'). And the minutes add up from there (6:11, 6:21, etc...). But it fixes when changing of hour (7:00).

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LordXamon

You don't need the source code to translate MCM, just edit the XNB files.

This issue went unnoticed because I was testing this patch on an earlier version of SMAPI.
                          I've released a v1.6.4h to address this issue.

Last edited: May 20, 2017
                          • LordXamon

Yes? Well I'll translate those files then!

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@LordXamon

Let me know if I've fixed your issue, just to double check.
                              Thanks!

• LordXamon

Yes, fixed

RTGOAT likes this.
                                • Greyrat

Greyrat Void-Bound Voyager

Quick question,I haven't installed the mod yet but,will this allow you to buy any seed at any season?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Greyrat

Nope, all saplings are available, but seeds are still only sold during their season.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love this mod! It really does breathe life back into my 200+ hour save. I especially love the seasonal clothing--so much so that I took a crack at it (first time doing clothes or any major pixel edit, really).

If anyone is interested, it's summer clothes for Shane. It's supposed to look like he scissored the sleeves and collar off of an old t-shirt. I can't stand the heat and he was stressing me out working around the farm in the middle of summer in that hoodie. :x

Shane's DIY Sleeveless Shirt Portrait.png Shane's DIY Sleeveless Shirt Sprite.png

Attached Files:

RTGOAT and HopeWasHere like this.
                                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Seismothesaurus

I'm glad that you enjoy the mod so much.
                                        Hopefully future systems, currently in development, do as much if not more.

I love the work you put into Shane!
                                        Glad to see someone getting some use out of the DNPCC filesystem!

Seismothesaurus likes this.