Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hwayunhae

hwayunhae Pangalactic Porcupine

In the OP (it says in the quote of @BoffoBoy) that when you add tilesheets, you need to add a z to the front of the tilesheet name in tIDE so they go at the end. repackaging yamls, they really really don't like it when the new sheets are in front of or between the ones that were originally there. try moving the furniture sheet in tIDE, resave, and alter your yaml accordingly and see if it works then.

• lydocia

lydocia Void-Bound Voyager

I tried that, same thing.

This is what you mean, right?

• hwayunhae

unless you actually changed the name of your furniture.png (and thus have zfurniture.xnb in your game's Contents folder), there's no need to add the z to the name in the yaml. just in the internal tIDE sheet ID.

Edit: also make sure you put a copy of furniture.xnb and walls_and_floors.xnb in your games Contents folder if you haven't already. That is where the game reads its custom tilesheets from.

• lydocia

I just changed that.

I have.

Still not working. :(

• lydocia

I broke my tbin file by moving the png files around, now when I open it, it's broken. X_X I'll start over tomorrow, thanks so far for your help!

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@lydocia I believe spouseRooms is one of the ones you can't add tilesheets to, so you're stuck with the towninterior tilesheet only.

• hwayunhae

I didn't know that. TY for that info. I do know townInterior can be added to. I have an extra long one that includes parts of the walls and floors tilesheet, as well as part of the furniture tilesheet below the regular parts. Seems like you may just need to update your townInterior tilesheet to also include the tilesheets you need to use.

The one I use is heavily edited to reflect my taste (I tend to photoshop the bits and pieces of the different resources I like together) but I'm just upping it as an example.

townInterior.png

• lydocia

Oh, I didn't know that! How do you know this?

• theseaminer

theseaminer Master Chief

Quick question. Whenever I try to edit the Farm.xnb, repack, and test the map out in game, whenever I test the output of Grandpa's shrine in the upper left corner, I get a message trying to access the string of Grandpa's text but it just gives the path where it is stored and not the string itself. Anyone know how to fix this? Just to clarify, I can read the letter he posted on the shrine just fine, but after I've read that and toggle his shrine itself, i get the pathway to the string and not the text. Thanks for any help.

• lydocia

Okay, now I updated my townInterior to combine some other tilesheets. In tIDE, it's working perfectly. I only edited Penny's room for quick reference.

When I repack and use it in-game, this happens:

- spouseRooms edited for Penny using tiles I added to townInterior + Penny is spouse: crashes.

- spouseRooms edited for Penny + other spouse: game loads without problems.

- spouseRooms edited for Seb but only using tiles from the original townInterior: game loads without problems.

• hwayunhae

If you didn't change the width of the tilesheet, and only changed the length...I don't see why it would be crashing....we've reached the extent of my knowledge. Hopefully someone else with more experience can help you out more.

Edit: I thought of something I ran into while adding hairstyles together....how long is your new tilesheet? I think the game can only handle up to a certain length....though if that was the case it would crash on startup with an error about the size of the image file.....urgh...

• lydocia

It seems to be a problem only when I pick a tile that comes from outside the original boundaries, so file size might be the problem. I'll look into it!

• Insers

Insers Void-Bound Voyager

hello, i started my adwenture with tiDE today and wanted to create a pond behind farmhouse.
                            [​IMG]
                            thats it, and my problem is that i can't move upwards the red lines. anyone can help?

• FieryChaos

Check the Buildings layer for invisible tiles and delete them.

• Insers

Insers Void-Bound Voyager

thanks !! that worked :)

• theseaminer

theseaminer Master Chief

Anyone know a fix for this? I went into that tile property and it says Message | Grandpa's but in game, it just gives me this:

Attached Files:

• lydocia

I'm still getting the "loop back to intro screen after loading a save file" when I use an extended townInterior map and edited spouseRooms.

• FieryChaos

It'd be helpful if you had an error log, though my suspicion is that you can't use any tile outside the bounds of the vanilla bounds for the spouse rooms (outofbounds exception or something similar).

• FieryChaos

Map message strings now get loaded from the \Content\Strings\StringsFromMaps.xnb file; the farm map your using is outdated in that regard, but it's an easy fix - simply change the tile property in tIDE to:

Action with one of these definitions depending on your map type:
                                        • Message "Farm.1"
                                        • Message "Farm_Combat.1"
                                        • Message "Farm_Fishing.1"
                                        • Message "Farm_Foraging.1"
                                        • Message "Farm_Mining.1"

sh4d0wpl4y and theseaminer like this.
                                        • hwayunhae

Good to know that the "message" key does not work. I had wondered since CA left the Beach-Luau map with "Message | "text" " in place instead of referencing the strings from map file. I'll edit my post on page 37 and see about uploading a hotfix for that festival asap.

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.