Chat (BACK FROM THE DEAD)Pet Peeves w/ ur host Meta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MetaFace, May 8, 2017.

?

Do you find that you are easily annoyed?

1. Yes

42.9%
  2. No

38.1%
  3. Wut! No! Of course not! *sharpening javelin*

19.0%
  1. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

So I never bother to open my own threads unless it comes down to modding issues, but I decided I like people here enough, so why don't I chat with them?

To get this started, first off, obey the forum overlord's rules, secondly, I don't mind language (of course forum rules state you can't be excessive), but don't use language towards other members please, that is rude, I don't like rude people, rude people are rude.

My most obvious pet peeve when in a public place that is crowded, like school, is slow walking people. Seriously, anyone walking slower than me that is IN FRONT of me, annoys me more than you can imagine, what makes it worse is when they are that person who somehow takes up the entire hallway all at once because they can't walk in a straight line.

Shouldn't there be walking laws like there is driving laws? Slow people to the right, fast to the left?

Whatever, just keep the place semi-clean, feel free to show your opinion over a someone's pet peeve, but don't be rude, or else I won't like you.

Parrotte and MilkCalf like this.
  2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i am a slow walker! i am very unfit because i've been hiding at home, recovering from mental illness for a few years. i always make sure that there is space to overtake me though - although i do meander a bit.

My biggest pet peeve is player respawn timers in video games. Who was the genius who came up with that?
    "I've got an idea for what will make this game fun, not playing it!"

Parrotte, MilkCalf and MetaFace like this.
  3. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Awww man I LOVE NOT PLAYING THE GAME! THAT'S MY FAVORITE PART! Joking aside, most slow people won't actually get in my way, tends to be those who walking in groups, they walk slower than anyone else.

As for the respawn timer, I mean how would it feel to be the guy in the enemy base and everytime you killed someone they instantly spawned back? That's not fun either.

MilkCalf likes this.
  4. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

I fully agree with this.

Also, people who have to bring their political opinion and lifestyle choice into everything and rub it into everyones faces. I don't care that you're vegan when we're just going out for drinks with some friends, just don't eat the stupid burger and fries later on. I don't care that you're [insert political ideology here] when I just want to borrow a stupid pen. I don't care that you're gay, bi, straight, trans, whatever when I just want to discuss a book about freaking submarine warfare. Bring that up when it's important or when you're asked, goddamnit.
    While I'm at it: People who bring their religion into everything, and people who smack talk religion all the time. Both are equally annoying. Believe what you will and leave the rest of the world alone, that'd solve, like, 75% of current ongoing armed conflicts in the world.
    Also, people who feel superior to others for arbitrary reasons. Be it console wars, vaping vs. smoking, veganism vs. vegetarianism etc. You do not matter. Your lifestyle choices do not matter. You're a speck of dust in a seemingly infinite universe. If you want to feel superior, actually become superior by doing something useful.
    Arbitrary sales. Wow, that beer cost 49 cents before and now it's 45 cents? Wow, these are the savings of a lifetime! No, they're not. Make a proper sale or none at all. At least try to be honest, retail. (though I guess I'm asking for too much here)
    Mosquitos. Living proof that, if intelligent design is true, the deity responsible is inherently malevolent.
    Dog owners who don't have their dogs under control so they run around and threaten peaceful passersbys and make you constantly switch to the other side of the road because you don't want to trip over a dog leash, if the dog is on a leash at all.
    Parents who are unable to properly discipline their children who thus cause a tantrum in public. People should get a license to reproduce, just like you need a license to drive a car.
    People, especially of the current 14-18 year old generation, who know absolutely no respect. Hanging out on graveyards, defacing monuments and statues with graffiti... I get murderous urges when I see this.
    Taxi drivers. The ISIS of traffic. No laws seem to apply to them, and I guess the Mercedes-star on the front is for aiming at pedestrians.
    And last but not least: My stupid neighbours loudly talking, almost screeching at each other at SIX IN THE MORNING! URRGH!
    /rant

MilkCalf, STCW262, Pangaea and 2 others like this.
  5. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Double like for that.

That's my stepsister, she has been grounded for two years now because she won't clean her room. Back when I had a room if I didn't clean it I got smacked in the head and grounded for a week or until the room was clean, and at least I TRIED to hide my trash under my bed, however my stepsister doesn't even do that, everyday the room is worse. What makes it so bad is that I have to walk through her room to get to my closet (my humble abode).

I don't necessarily hate or even talk smack about religion, when I do its because my super-christian aunt is trying to convince me that all my problems are going to be solved by praying, or that I should tell my gay and bisexual friends that their "life choices" are wrong. I hate that, I hate when someone tells me what I need to believe in. I talk to God on my own time, not others. Sorry if that offends anyone.

I have one word for that, "same".

Wrapping up, if anyone needs to vent, just talk to me, I'll have plenty to complain about as well.

And thanks @Surenu for the nice rant, nice to see opinions, lots of them. :)

MilkCalf, Parrotte and Surenu like this.
  6. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Creepy perverts and people who only talk in dungoens and dragons lingo.

Parrotte, Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  7. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I wouldn't even know. Seems annoying (the D&D part), the other one is just dumb. (not saying annoyance toward perverts is dumb, perverts themselves are dumb.)

MilkCalf likes this.
  8. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

You're welcome. I haven't even gotten started yet, that was just the off the top of my head. Maybe I'll do an army special edition later.

MilkCalf, Parrotte and MetaFace like this.
  9. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I have a lot on the top of my head, but I'd like to see a lot of other rants before I start again.

10. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I'm quickly learning that my biggest pet peeve is people that don't stand aside to let people exit public transportation vehicles, but instead just stand in the middle of the door. Many a times do I feel an urge to make some room with my school bag, or even better yet my bag that has a pair of working boots and a fair few tools in them.

Also people that play their music so loud it's flying out of their earbuds and enter my ears through even my own music and earbuds.

And I feel the occasional need to bash some kids that are making way too much noise for no reason at all. Their parents too, if they're around.

In short, my pet peeve is the public part of public transportation. Makes you consider private public transportation.

MilkCalf and MetaFace like this.
  11. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

A common feeling, but not smart to act on it, like a super dumb thing to do.

As for earbuds, my god those crappy earpods from Apple are utter crap, people buy into those because brand labeling and think they are the "best", the fact is they sound bad, everyone within a 10 meter radius can hear the music being played quite clearly. I use a pricey $50 USD Sony earbud that even with one ear out and not music playing, I still can't hear crap, I have to turn off music and remove both earbuds to have a conversation. Love them.

Never had to take a public transport so I'm lucky there, but I'm also very unlucky because I have to walk everywhere, as I don't have a car.

MilkCalf likes this.
  12. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I basically agree with what Surenu said. Another big one for me is, uh, I have a lot of road rage. Not the kind where I'll actually get out of my car and do anything but if you ever ride with me and there's traffic expect to hear lots of swearing and name-calling.

Surenu and MetaFace like this.
  13. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

For this I chuckle a little, and also give a lot of deep, throaty coughs, go I feel like I'm dying right now, barely breathe. (EDIT: go should probably say God, but who knows, I'm full of crap)

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Now I kinda wanna witness this just for the fun-factor.

Some army stuff:
    • NCOs who think they're more important than they are.
    • Newcomers in a combat unit trying to tell the more experienced members how things work.
    • Running another five kilometers just for the hell of it. Nevermind that messing up a soldiers knees severely limits combat effectiveness.
    • Raising the flag. Can't we just leave it up overnight?
    • COs who give confusing orders just to get a cheap laugh.
    • Grossly obese high-ranking officers complaining about the physical fitness of us grunts.
    Some uni stuff:
    • You have an interest group for everything. Seriously. They all speak about unifying when all they do is divide themselves. Find some common ground or go back to your only safe space - mama's basement.
    • People who forgo personal hygiene for a political agenda. Those seem to randomly appear on campuses. You're in the highest possible education program in the Federal Republic of Germany, act like it and go take a shower.
    • Trigger warnings. Yes, OF COURSE the course "Slavery in early modern societies" is gonna touch some unsavority topics. If you can't deal with letters on paper, become a garbageman or something.
    • eMail servers that work perfectly when they bill you for something but always act up when you actually need to send something. I'd say this is a scheme if they sold premium accounts, but they don't.
    • Completely incompetent dining hall staff. I have eaten salad that tastes like dish soap too many times to have any modicum of respect for them. Nowadays, I just bring something from home.
    • Everything is falling apart. Everything. There are high-voltage cables hanging from the ceiling in the Medical Sciences building and an ant-infestation a floor below the historical library.
    • People on student loans without an additional job (you may earn up to 450€ a month extra before any gets deducted from your loans) buying overpriced coffee, fairtrade power foods and brand clothes and then wonder why they go hungry at the end of the month. Learn to budget, idiots.
    • People trying to sell insurances on campus. Most people there are poor, buddy, go to where the banks and stuff are, you're wasting your time.
    • People giving me shit for having served my country. What, is hating the place you live in now mandatory to study at a German university?

STCW262 and MetaFace like this.
  15. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

This from my experience happens when you don't wash all the soap off, you'd be surprised (or maybe not) how little soap it takes to ruin your food.

I never have bought any brand name item that oversells their product JUST because it has their logo on it, the only expensive name brand item I've bought was an Asus laptop for 1.4k USD, then a $130 pair of headphones (but really any headphone will be about this price), then a $50 Sony earbud which I think was worth more than sold for, maybe at most $70.

That's bullshit, I'm not even going to butter that up and make sure I keep it clean, those who served their country (and I don't care if it's America, Germany, Japan, England, etc.) should be respected, could you convince me to do the same and serve my country? Probably not I don't think I have the balls for that (not to mention America is REALLY BAD about what they consider a "threat" to the safety of our country). If they are giving you crap about serving, then they obviously don't need to be there, you're too good for them to be giving you that attitude.

I'm now annoyed, however you've given more for me to think about, thanks again.

Surenu likes this.
  16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

This is actually the nicest thing anyone's said to me today.

Yeah, exactly. I worked as a dish-grunt in an italian restaurant for a while - the only dish grunt btw, so work was very stressful - and even I got that correctly.

Well, I guess it's about being trendy. "Look, I buy Starbucks! Please overlook my completely bland and boring personality and looks that I have blatantly but poorly copied off of others who are just as miserable about their existence as I am. I'm drinking Starbucks! Say I'm cool!"

MetaFace likes this.
  17. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

Hehe, well at least I said something nice, and yeah... Starbucks is dumb, why not buy better and much cheaper coffee?

18. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Precisely. I had Starbucks once. It sucks.

MetaFace and Parrotte like this.
  19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

$50 earbuds? Wow. I use 16 euros worth of Sennheiser MX 365 which I was forced to buy after I ruined my previous ones and we had run out of spare earbuds and I'm still unsure wether I paid too little or too much.
    (Sound is nice enough, low tones become slightly tinny and if I lose the softcaps I can just throw away the entire thing)

Luckily, I have two magic powers. The power of creating mental bubbles around me through which nothing can come, and the power of daydreaming. So most of the time other people's music doesn't register with me. I'm always afraid I do the very thing that makes me angery and play my music too loud.

To not derail the plot massively, I shall list another pet peeve.
    School timetables.
    Y they never updated.

You'd think it'd be easy, especially if all teachers can edit the timetable and they are made by a third party in the first place, but apparently not.
    Today I might have had a class which was not on my timetable, but the teacher team leaders said it would continue as normally and should be on my timetable. They were supposed to tell us but they never did. The teacher we should have had for that class CAME INTO THE CLASS WE WERE IN, and when I politely asked her about it she DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HERSELF. So we, as good and attentive students, unanimously agreed we didn't have that class.

now if you'll excuse me, I gotta prepare for teacherage tomorrow.

MetaFace likes this.
  20. MetaFace

MetaFace Guest

I daydream as well, my earbuds only help that, they have great sounds cancellation.

I'd post another rant but writing on a phone isn't the easiest thing to do, especially with this forum layout. I'll save it till tomorrow.

Parrotte likes this.