RELEASED [SMAPI] Lookup Anything

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 22, 2016.

1. merizlb

merizlb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi! I just wanted to stop by and show my appreciation for the mod because it makes my gaming experience 100% more enjoyable! I did want to ask/suggest something though, would it be possible to use Lookup Anything on the community centre bundles?
    *prays this isn't a dumb question that has already been answered*

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Do you mean for it to tell you if an item is required for a bundle? Because it already does.

• merizlb

merizlb Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, sorry I should have been more clear.. I meant that you press F1 when you're looking at items in the community centre so you can see their descriptions. I guess for most people that might be a little redundant/useless but I tried to do it and it didn't work and I thought, oh I wish I could do that.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• victori4

victori4 Space Hobo

Feature request:

Would it be possible to hide people preferences? and only show once you already given the item?

Thanks

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @victori4. Thanks for the suggestion! That's something I'm hoping to do in a future version (see ticket), but it's a bit complicated to do properly. :)

• DonutDracula

DonutDracula Big Damn Hero

Hello! I can't get Lookup Anything to work with SDV. Pressing F1 (or other configured buttons) doesn't do anything. I'm running the latest versions of both (Mac OS).

Terminal gives me the following error:
              [​IMG]
              [​IMG]
              [​IMG]

Sorry for the wall of gibberish. Since your name is in it, I figured you might want the whole thing. Thank you!

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @DonutDracula. You can ignore that error; that's just saying (very verbosely) that it couldn't check for an update because of a network issue. Can you load the game, try using Lookup Anything using your configured key, then post your SMAPI log file?

• Dracko_rithermort

Dracko_rithermort Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, thanks for a wonderfull Work,
                  I have some error with this mod, start from the last two updates i believe, when i try to look up inf, of an enemy the game show me, a flag with the legend
                  "Huh, Something went wrong looking that up. The error log has technical details",
                  i can't find the log, but i take a screen capture from the game and the SMPM console.

Lookup Anyting Error Game.png Lookup Anyting Error Log.png

Thanks in Advance for your help.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
                  • DonutDracula

Haha thanks for pointing that out!

[​IMG]

That's the thing... Pressing my configured key ("Q") doesn't do anything at all. Last log was 6:21. Been pressing Q until 6:34 with no result, both in-game and in-file. What could be the problem?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DonutDracula: Can you try using the configured key again, then attach the full SMAPI-latest.txt file and Lookup Anything's config.json file?

• DonutDracula

@Pathoschild: Here you go! (Started pressing the configured key at 14.37)

Thank you again for all your help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 29, 2017
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@DonutDracula Oops, I forgot to get back to you. Sorry about that! Your problem happens because your text editor changed the quote symbols to curly quotes:
                          upload_2017-6-2_23-8-29.png

If you change those back, it should work fine.

DonutDracula likes this.
                          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

The upcoming Lookup Anything 1.14 is translatable!
                            sample-translations.png

If you're interested in helping translate it, see this post for details. :)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
                            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Lookup Anything 1.14 is now available!

Changes in this version:
                              • Updated to SMAPI 1.14.
                              • Added translation support.
                              • Added Chinese and German translations. (Thanks to yuwenlan and Sasara respectively!)
                              • You can now look up items from the Junimo bundle menu.
                              • Fixed a few lookup errors when playing in a language other than English.
                              Translations for other languages supported by the game are welcome; see how to translate Lookup Anything.

• johnny92

johnny92 Seal Broken

Hi, I just installed the latest version of Lookup Anything, while no error shows from this mod when I try to look up stuff ingame it shows me "No translation:item.sells-for" and similiar error to that one. What cause this problem ?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @johnny92. You seem to be missing the i18n folder that should be part of the mod. If you use a mod manager, try adding the files manually from the Lookup Anything download.

• johnny92

johnny92 Seal Broken

Hello again, no it seems i18n is in the place where it should be. Now the strange thing is I have deleted all mods and try to get a fresh restart. In the second picture the old mods still exist, maybe that is the problem ?
                                    In that case how do I completely remove the old mods too ? (Tried uninstall smapi but doesn't seem to work.)

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@johnny92 You put Lookup Anything in the SMAPI installer package. Make sure you put Lookup Anything in Mods under your game folder instead (here's how to find your game folder). You can delete the SMAPI 1.14.1 folder after you update SMAPI to avoid confusion.

• johnny92

johnny92 Seal Broken

Ah yes! That's right. God now I feel stupid, it was a long time ago I last installed mods so I installed them at wrong place. Everything works fine and could click F1 on item in junimbos bundle :)
                                        Kudos to you for your patience :)

Pathoschild likes this.