Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naddin

Naddin Space Hobo

NET Framework 4.7 need (for?) Windows7 SP1. I have no SP1.

• mehve

mehve Master Chief

Yes it does, but some of the (hexadecimal?) numbers are different. I've attached the error log that's produced by Entoarox Framework without XNB Loader.

Code:
      Failed loading type '': System.TypeLoadException: Failure has occurred while loading a type.
        at Entoarox.Framework.EntoFramework.Entry (IModHelper helper) <0x1626bc710 + 0x0045c> in <filename unknown>:0
        at StardewModdingAPI.Program.LoadMods () <0x15efd1000 + 0x02680> in <filename unknown>:0

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 6, 2017
      • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I seem to be having an issue. Loaded fine earlier today, closed it out, now it's crashing when I try to start a new game, and goes in an infinite loop if I try to load a game. It goes intro screen, title screen, load screen, click save, intro screen. I didn't make any alterations between my last session and this one.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

It seems to be an issue with Entoarox Framework itself (unrelated to any other mods), possibly a compatibility issue with Mac. Based on the mod's logging, it happens on one of these lines. I suggest working with @Entoarox to figure out exactly which line it happens on (e.g. by running a custom build with more logging), which will make it much easier to find the cause.

If I'm reading that log correctly, it looks like you loaded a save fine, exited to title, and then it crashed. Last I checked, Entoarox Framework doesn't handle returning to title very well. Does the error happen if you load the save from fresh, without returning to title first?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI needs .NET Framework 4.5 or later. If you can't install that version, you unfortunately won't be able to use SMAPI without getting SP1.

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Yes- trying to load a save automatically returns to the title screen without actually loading a save, and trying to start a new game freezes the game completely, even with a newly opened instance of SDV.

• taj

taj Intergalactic Tourist

Hi!
                I am having problems whenever I try to change to fullscreen. I removed all the mods and still the problem remains. Any idea what's causing it?
                Thanks!

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Looks like the fullscreen bug the game currently has. Don't use fullscreen until it's fixed.

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I love the new SMAPI icon, so freaking adorable!X3

pvmambembe and Pathoschild like this.
                    • taj

taj Intergalactic Tourist

Got it, I'll wait for a correction, and thanks for replying!

• Naddin

Naddin Space Hobo

Yes! Installed NET Framework 4.5.2 it and it worked! Thank you![​IMG]

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Does the error happen if you remove Entoarox Framework (and any mods that use it)? If so, can you attach your latest SMAPI log after trying it?

The error seems to happen when switching from windowed to full-screen after the title screen (which may happen automatically). You can play full-screen, but you need to make sure the game doesn't switch after you load the save. Here's how to play full-screen:
                          1. If the save isn't already set for full-screen:
                            1. Open your save file in a plaintext editor that can handle large files (like Sublime Text).
                            2. Find this:
                              Code:
                              <fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
                            3. And replace it with this:
                              Code:
                              <fullscreen>true</fullscreen>
                          2. Before you load the save, make sure the window is already full-screen (press ALT + ENTER if not).
                          The save should load in full-screen mode without error. Does that work for you?

• mehve

mehve Master Chief

Ok, thank you for your help!

• Asayina

Asayina Big Damn Hero

Hi I'm getting an error when I try to open up the SMAPI its self? It will immediately freeze up and say that SMAPI has stopped working :( I'm running windows 8 any tips on getting this to work? this is what happens. https://puu.sh/vOkht/028c3128a7.png

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

did you install SMAPI properly? This is saying that SDV cant be found...

• cdaragorn

cdaragorn Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having a problem with the PlayerEvents.LeveledUp event. It's firing once for every one of the 5 skills when the game gets loaded. I can't seem to find a way to tell when the event is valid (an actual level up) and when it's just the initial assignment of the player's current levels. Any ideas?

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@cdaragorn I'll fix that in the upcoming SMAPI 1.13. :)

• Fabbu

Fabbu Void-Bound Voyager

Okay, I've already posted a thread but if this gets noticed then I'll delete that thread.

Tried to update to 1.12 from 1.9 and when I opened it up I get this -

gdi.png

Since then I've downgraded back to 1.9, which works just fine.

• cdaragorn

cdaragorn Void-Bound Voyager

Thread Status:
                                      Not open for further replies.