Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

nobody is a burden on society, the entire point of society is so the weak do not have to die.

i think suicide is bad because once you do it you won't get any more ice cream for the rest of forever. ice cream is definitely good enough to stay alive for! c:

2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Mint icecream is pretty good.

3. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's right; words of wisdom.
    Burden in society are wars and desire for money, not life of humans and animals. Sadly, people doesn't see that clearly because of depression, sadness or other psychological issues. Such people feel they help the society, if they kill themselfs, but they are wrong.

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Unfortunately, knowing this does very little to change how one feels. In fact, knowing you "shouldn't" feel like that only makes the guilt worse, to my experience.

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  5. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Again, "not caring" is only possible if you exist. No livibg human is capable of conceiving how not existing is because our reality consists of chemical reactions produced by a functioning organism and processed by a living brain. When you lose that, well... all I can say for sure is that you won't feel good about it.

6. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I don't think the point is to feel "good" so much as to not feel "bad" (or to feel anything). This is what makes it so tantalising. It's a means to end the onslaught of negative feelings, such as despair, that other methods (like drinking alcohol) only temporarily relieve. This is where the difficulty lies. It's a "guaranteed" solution. The surrounding negative feelings become so overwhelming that any solution is desirable, especially if there's some permanence to it. It's pretty hard to see or think that things could possibly get better so one thinks it's better to end it so it doesn't get worse. It really can be a struggle and is certainly different for each person. I'm just speaking in very general terms.

To clarify, I'm not condoning suicide. Merely expressing some of the thought processes around it.

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

But not feeling bad anymore is a relief, which IS a good feeling. Simply put, your brain can't 'not feel anything'. Even numbness is a feeling. Your brain also process the absence of input and gives your senses a response. Phantom limb, for example, is your brain telling you your limb is no longer there.

8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Well, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you. But when a person is in that low place, they're not exactly thinking rationally. They're not considering such things and simply looking for an escape.

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  9. The Purple Dragon

The Purple Dragon Master Astronaut

To simply say now, If you are strong enough to kill yourself, you are certainly strong enough to not do so.

MilkCalf and BigEaredKittens like this.
  10. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

Just don't make a big mess. It's so inconvienent to have to step over mutilated bodies on my bike path. Pssh, people have no consideration for others.

Blood all over the place. Look at that, I gotta spray down my wheels now!

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  11. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

I planned on making a few videos to give better coverage of my workshop items as well as a few lps for da laffs. I purchased Fraps back before Dxtory was popular and then I put it down for seemingly indefinitely. I kept hearing that Fraps was bad, with issues like file corruption and random recording stopping, and Dxtory was way better. Is Fraps any good anymore for casual video creation? Or do I need to hook up with something newer? Oh, I also still have Corel VideoStudio Pro X5.

12. Alexander Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton Star Wrangler

I have a problem,

I am suicidal, and have been that way sense I was 7. I have slit my arms and one of my legs. I have a scars the length and width of a pencil on my left knee. My family hates me, and my ex girlfriend wrote the rudest poem ever. I have ate glass twice. And... I have a scar the size of half a pencil over my heart. Ow also I have a 52% chance to get cancer.

I need help

13. BloodyFingers

First and foremost, welcome. I know sharing your intimate problems with strangers is not easy, so at the very least you have recognised that and made a bold decision.

Now, you are right in that last sentence. You need help. Sadly that help can't be provided by anyone here, and it pains me to say so. If it is ok with you, would you mind sharing what makes you behave that way?

14. Alexander Hamilton

My mom has cancer, my uncle committed suicide, one of my grandfather died the week after my birthday, my grandma stopped her treatment because she did not want to live of machines (I was there), and my family hates me.

15. BloodyFingers

Your family hates you? What makes you say that?

16. Alexander Hamilton

My parents did not want me.

17. BloodyFingers

what a coincidence: I am the product of a rape. Nevertheless they don't really hate me. At least they don't wish I'd die anyways.

18. Alexander Hamilton

Yeah, my parents only wanted two kids, and they got that. Then a man rapped my mom when she was pregnant with my sister

So one and a half years later, here I am
    My parents say I was theirs but I'm the only ginger out of my whole, whole family

19. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

My mum didn't want any children. That doesn't mean she hates me.

20. BloodyFingers

I'm not trying to make a piss contest, but in my case, the rapist was her husband so the police won't do anything about it. Because it is a wife's duty to put out for her man, apparently.

They were supposed to be a family of 5. They got an extra. Same story there, mate.
    In any case, if that's what makes you think they hate you, you'd better reevaluate this with a therapist.