1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Starbound 1.3 Personal Goals

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by PyreStarite, Apr 15, 2017.

1. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

This is my list of goals for Starbound 1.3, and I am posting it here as a sort of motivator. I encourage everyone else here to post their own goals for the same purpose or give suggestions of goals to others to take.
    : Challenge Goals :
    • Build a Colony with 1 of each of the Special Tenants (Back to grinding outpost blocks)
    • Build a pretty farm that grows at least 2 of each raw food item (Oh boy, another farm building)
    • Have a fully upgraded ship and make every room pretty (Oh boy, another ship to fill out)
    • Clear a Vault
    • Clear like 5 Vaults!
    • Change a planet's type
    • Use a microformer
    • Get a kickas new mech suit thing
    This is a list of mods that I am going to have a harder time enjoying the game without. I don't think I will be able to do or start the challenge if these mods are broken in the update and/or until they are updated. Of course in reality I am exaggerating the importance, but at this point it would be a crime not too. I also encourage everyone here to post their mod selections or favorite mods below for sharing purposes. Sharing is caring after all.
    : Mandatory Mods :
    • Earth's Finest - Crew Improvements
    • Searchable Tenant Tags
    • Quiet Sewing Machine
    This is a list of mods that I felt were worth mentioning. Over time, I picked up a good number of mods off the workshop when I was on my break, hopefully I will be able to use some of them, and hopefully they will work with 1.3 or update quickly. Also, are there any mods in here that are out-dated or obsolete? I haven't been paying too much attention to the last two major updates.
    : Preferred Mods :
    • Extra Zoom Levels
    • Pay Up - Rent
    • Improved Containers
    • Avali (Triage) Race Mod
    • Ceiling Mounted Sprinkler
    • Sellable Throwing Items
    • Sellable Blocks
    • Dramatic Deaths
    • Flare Gun
    • Augment Extractor
    I hope my Ningen Hair scrap-together doesn't break this patch, otherwise Hope is going to have another crisis...

Tamorr and kirawroth like this.
  2. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Finishing off my mansion project, replacing most of the static platforms with the new actually useful rail platforms to provide theoretical disabled access, getting all the legendary weapons and all clothing items and sorting them into my mansion's armory system, finishing my first mod, see how the new vanilla mechs measure up against XS and ZZ mechs, collecting one of every monster type and tethering them inside special stables meant for them, getting a tenant colony on every planet tier, building a space base.

BasicallyNuclear and kirawroth like this.
  3. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Actually finish rebuilding the projects I was on, using the new lift system in the hospital wing.

Get the Satellite of Love back in the sky above my homeworld.

4. PyreStarite

Should I ask what the "Satellite of Love" is?

5. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

The setting for the best TV show ever made.

Noobgalaxies likes this.
  6. PyreStarite

What mods are you guys using.

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

A lot of utility mods, including one that shows weapon DPS so I don't have to calculate each weapon's damage by hand, a mod that causes containers to keep their contents when picked up, mods that allow you to have more crew on your ship and with you, an instant crafting mod, a mod that stops teleporters from breaking when you pick them up, the perennial crops mod, the compact crops mod, Skizots dozers (which contain expensive bulldozers so I can clear a flat area to put my mansion on more easily), XS and ZZ mech mods, the mecharachnid mod...too many to count really.

8. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Oh, well, if we're bringing mod-making into this, I have LOADS of costume & decor addition mods on my to-do-list.

9. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Well, I just figured I should add another subgoal of my mansion project that's come up: finish my farm, with ten of each type of crop.

10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Oh, as for using mods, the ONLY one I'm currently using is... uh... the one that puts the "found" crafting stations into the 3D printer. The extra smelters, kitchen tables, cooking stoves, etc. Mostly because the main kitchen table you make at the inventor station looks fine in an outdoor setting, but is awful indoors.

11. PyreStarite

I just carried a outpost kitchen counter with me where ever I went and called it that.

12. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

My goal is to get a mech suit and explore, im hoping this new mod comes with new legendary weapons, blocks, cosmetic armor, and furniture. I'll collect those and hopefully I can use them for my character or to build my colony.

13. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'm going to expand my terraformed (from volcanic to lush) colony on luna 4 a bit more, as it is experiencing major slowdown despite being smaller than my previous colonies. then I'm going to make a new colony on each of the planets in the Luna System. Luna 1, being a asteroid space station, will likely be the most expensive. so I need to have a reason for building there, which is proving difficult.

Tried making a farm in space again, but the gravity makes sprinklers a no go unless they can be attached on the ceiling.

The modified difficulty makes rent and merchants low tier, with no clothes on sale.

And I can't terraform asteroids! booo...

Anyway, I'll definitely want to expand out, if the perfprmance improves. maybe to a nice Magma planet.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  14. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

We can't terraform asteroids? I mean, thinking about it now it makes sense that we can't, but I just always assumed we could.

15. Eralia

Eralia Phantasmal Quasar

i should get all the bugs, codexes, pets, action figures, instruments, recipes, seeds(then i will plant them), figurines from geodes(not sure if i collected all of these or not), costumes, hats, other collections, unique weapons(all updated except for ones that can't be updated)
    Help

16. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I have far too many geodes for my sanity's sake.

On the plus side, I have a huge shadow temple in hopes for shadow settlers to be available one day.

17. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Gonna burn down apex cities in a mech. thats.. pretty much it.

18. PyreStarite

Throw this onto my pile of goals; make a museum with all the archaeological exhibits and an armory with armor stands with lot's o displayed armor.

19. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I couldn't wait for the update and bombed the resistance base near my settlement.

20. Crome

Crome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Probably just going to keep it up with the Floran genocide, as usual.