RELEASED FarmAutomation.ItemCollector (Unofficial v1.1)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by maddy99, Oct 5, 2016.

1. TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my goodness... this seems to have actually fixed it!!! Eeeep, YAY! So Excited! Thanks Everyone! :)

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Oops, super hectic around here and didn't really test that, lol. Thanks!

(Also, updated~)

• Magistrella

Magistrella Big Damn Hero

Kudos to you sir, i was looking to get that mod fixed for a couple of days, finally i can start a new game >;3

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Stardew Valley 1.2 was released out of beta today, and ItemCollector seems to be broken with that version. See attached SMAPI error log.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

Jebus, you're on the stick. :rofl: I'll take a look and get it merged and released. In the meantime, gogo unofficial unofficial release~

Edit: And updated releases and original post~

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
              Pathoschild likes this.
            • mystery406

mystery406 Aquatic Astronaut

How can i make the ItemCollector mod stop attempting to draw items to process from connected chest to kegs?I set "InsertItems" to false in the "ItemCollectorConfiguration.json" but it doesn't seem to work.

Attached Files:

• 123.png
                  123.png
                  File size:
                  43.2 KB
                  Views:
              • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

You can remove everything under "AcceptableObjects" and "AcceptableCategories" and it won't put anything into kegs anymore, but should still draw finished items from the kegs. "InsertItems" seems to be broken (or possibly a removed old config, I don't know).

• maddy99

maddy99 Big Damn Hero

To be honest, I remember intending the InsertItems to be pretty much what you're expecting. In hindsight I don't know if I ever actually used the flag once created, and looking at the code, that seems to reflect that. I'll try to get a fix out for it in the next day or two.

• Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

First, I love this mod... my farm depends on it! :)

However, I updated my SDV to the new 1.2.26 (PC) and updated to SMAPI 1.12. Most of my mods seem to work, but there are a couple that don't, this one included. I downloaded the one linked a couple posts up (post #266) 'FarmAutomation.ItemCollector 0.4' and I'm finding it's not pulling items into the connected chests as before. Here is the error:

-------------------------------------
                    [18:44:50 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the PlayerEvents.InventoryChanged event:
                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at FarmAutomation.Common.ItemFinder.<>c.<HaveConnectorsInInventoryChanged>b__12_0(ItemStackChange i)
                    at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
                    at FarmAutomation.Common.ItemFinder.HaveConnectorsInInventoryChanged(EventArgsInventoryChanged inventoryChange)
                    at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod.PlayerEvents_InventoryChanged(Object sender, EventArgsInventoryChanged e)
                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 79
                    [18:44:50 DEBUG AutoGate 1.0] {X:14 Y:52}
                    [18:44:50 DEBUG AutoGate 1.0] {X:22 Y:53}
                    [18:44:50 DEBUG AutoGate 1.0] {X:29 Y:54}
                    [18:44:51 ERROR FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] an error occured with the automation mod: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod.TimeEvents_TimeOfDayChanged(Object sender, EventArgsIntChanged e)
                    [18:44:51 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.TimeOfDayChanged event:
                    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    at FarmAutomation.ItemCollector.ItemCollectorMod.TimeEvents_TimeOfDayChanged(Object sender, EventArgsIntChanged e)
                    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaiseGenericEvent[TEventArgs](IMonitor monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, TEventArgs args) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions.cs:line 79
                    [18:44:55 ERROR FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] an error occured with the automation mod: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    [18:44:55 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.TimeOfDayChanged event:
                    [18:44:58 ERROR FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector] an error occured with the automation mod: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                    [18:44:58 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the TimeEvents.TimeOfDayChanged event:
                    -------------------------------------
                    The other mod that's still not working is Loved Labels, but I can live with that for now as I don't have a lot of animals.

I have no clue what the error means. haha

Last edited: May 13, 2017
                    • NarutoUzamaki

NarutoUzamaki Big Damn Hero

Will this be updated for v1.2 of the game? I can't game without this mod! many thanks.

• Stryder87

• NarutoUzamaki

NarutoUzamaki Big Damn Hero

Thanks! Can't belive i missed it. Its works a charm with V1.2

• Stryder87

All the other mods I use are minor compared to this one. Going through the config file and adding Stone Floor to the path section and seeing where all it will collect from, I now have chests collecting my sapped trees, collecting my honey, in my coop collecting all the eggs, in my barn collecting the milk (and possibly the wool... didn't get that far yet), collecting my lightening rod batteries... this makes things so much easier! Love this mod!

• Peter Ward

Peter Ward Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Latest version of SMAPI (v1.14.1) throws up warnings with this mod.

Code:
                            [13:04:05 WARN  SMAPI] FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector used GameEvents.GameLoaded, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.12. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [13:04:05 WARN  SMAPI] FarmAutomation Mod: Item Collector used TimeEvents.DayOfMonthChanged, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.14. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.
                            [13:04:05 WARN  SMAPI] Interaction Helper used TimeEvents.DayOfMonthChanged, which is deprecated since SMAPI 1.14. This will break in a future version of SMAPI.

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Is there at all a way to stop SMAPI from reporting the "searching for machines" every second or so?

• dooka

dooka Aquatic Astronaut

Big thanks to Maddy and Pathos for maintaining and updating this mod.

It's very fun to setup automated machine systems. It really takes the tediousness out of many different repetitive tasks.

I got 2 questions though:
                                1) What happened to the Barn Door automation mod that the original author also made? Somewhere in this thread, Maddy said something about copying the new FarmAutomation.Common.dll from this and replacing it in that mod's folder. Will this work for SDV 1.2.x and the newest SMAPI?
                                2) Besides being able to connect up objects with walkways/paths, what's the difference between this mod and Automate (http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/automate.131913/) ?

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

@dooka The Barn Door automation you're looking for is in the releases of the unofficial github (source) and the one you're looking for in specific was the release before the hotfix made to the SDV 1.2 update (source).

As for the differences with Automate and Item Collector, Automate needs the machines to be attached to the chest. They cannot connect to each other and still work.

So with Automate your setup would have to look like this:
                                  Code:
                                           recycling
                                            machine
                                               ⇅
                                  worm bin → chest ⇄ crab pot
                                  But it cannot look like this like it can with Item Collector:
                                  Code:
                                  Chest ⇄ Furnace ⇄ Furnace ⇄ Furnace
                                  Another limit is that the chest can only be attached to up to 8 machines maximum, while Item Collector can work with, theoretically, limitless machines.

• dooka

dooka Aquatic Astronaut

@Xuomi

Thanks for the answers, especially the second question as that clears up all the differences between the two mods.

However, I'm still wondering whether this version of Barn Door Automation works the newer versions of SDV and SMAPI, but I guess I can test it out myself.