RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. alicedafox

alicedafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I just replaced it with the hats.xnb in the Farmers folder. Nothing happened - It doesnt show the mod ones
    So I replaced it with the data file and then smapi showed this error code. Stardew valley started normally but the Itemspawner lost alot of items and still dont show your hats.

Attached Files:

• 12.png
        12.png
        File size:
        64.2 KB
        Views:
      • 2.png
        2.png
        File size:
        67.7 KB
        Views:
      • 3.png
        3.png
        File size:
        72.1 KB
        Views:
    • HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Hmm...That's really odd... Which version of the game are you playing? And which version of SMAPI do you have?

• alicedafox

Smapi 1.9 and Stardew Valley Version 1.1.
        ItemSpawner and other mods are on theyre newest versions too.

• HopeWasHere

That's super odd...that's the set up I'm using as well...
          Try this one, it's my personal file. If that doesn't work then I have no clue what's wrong

Attached Files:

• alicedafox

Its working!
            And I finally know what were the problem : The hats.xnb for the data folder got the .png file in there too and the programm cant deal with it.
            Thanks for your quick help :catface:

• HopeWasHere

I'm glad you figured it out! I'll be sure to let people know to watch for that so they can avoid the problem, thanks for your help :)

alicedafox likes this.
              • ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

Hey again! I know you said it's okay to recolour anything, but is it okay if I were to release the recolour as its own mod as well? With credit of course.

This is about those elf ears again lol.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Damn, I can't keep up with all the updates. I need to re-mod my game again xD

• HopeWasHere

I know how you feel, I'm thinking of wiping my game clean when 1.2 is finally released just so I can clean out all of my mods and keep the ones I want

• ScalesofGrey

I guess I'm not getting an answer then...

• HopeWasHere

Sorry! For some reason my message center didn't tell me your message was there! Yeah, feel free to re-release it in your own mod. I can't wait to see what you come up with :) Sorry about the wait...

• ScalesofGrey

I have experience the same glitch sometimes, so I can't blame ya.

Perfect! I'll finish up with it asap! Thank you~

• secondbreakfastpip

secondbreakfastpip Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sorry, im a little confused. Do i just place your mod folder in my Stardew Mods folder??

• HopeWasHere

This is an XNB mod, so you won't put it in the mods folder, except for the ExtraHair mod folder. The others replace the files that are in the content folder. My recommendation would be to get this mod: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/xnb-loader.130047/ that does go in your mods folder, then place the xnb files included with my mod into that folder as that page explains. The other files included in my mod are just if you want to edit the styles to your own liking.

Does that make sense? I'm not sure if I explained it very good... If you have questions I would be happy to help you out :)

• secondbreakfastpip

secondbreakfastpip Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Ah i see! Thanks :D
                                I have one last question, if i wanted to install your hats.xnb, would i only place that one file in the folder? Or would i need to place the .ymal and the data folder(found inside the main hats folder) in there as well?

Edit: Never mind! I got it now aha, i was just being silly. Thanks again!! Love the mod btw :3

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

For some reason, this isn't working for me. I can see only the hats on the position of where the vanilla ones used to be. Those are loading fine (and I know it's not just loading the vanilla hats 'cause I modified some details on those), but everything else is not showing on the Item Spawner, although I have 3 lines empty lines with no items, as if the game was trying to load something.

[​IMG]

• HopeWasHere

I'm glad you got it to work! :) Let me know if you have any other question

When putting in the hats data file and the hats sprites file, how did you do it? Do you use a xnb mod loader, or change the content directory?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I'm using all your mods with XNB loader and everything is working except this one.
                                      I did, however, make some edits to the file to add some extra hats I had from other mods. Still, it was working before I updated to the latest version of your hairs.
                                      I'll leave my version attached. Maybe you can find out what's wrong with it.

Attached Files:

• HopeWasHere

Hmm...That's odd, I'm not seeing a problem currently... I'll upload my personal file for you to try, it has some of the hats you added, and you can see if that works for you. If that doesn't work then I'll be completely lost.

Attached Files:

• xLast

xLast Void-Bound Voyager

Someone can explain me how to install this?