RELEASED Hope's Mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by HopeWasHere, Feb 15, 2017.

1. HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Yeah, that was my main reason for doing this. I wanted to have all of the hats from all of the different mods out there, and I wanted to be able to wear those hats with any hairstyle I wanted. I'm glad you're having fun writing those, personally that was a huge pain... :p
    Feel free to recolor anything you'd like of mine! If you have a particular color that your think should be added to the original pack for everyone let me know and I'll work on making it so :)

• jasseralf

jasseralf Void-Bound Voyager

i already put accessories.xnb but it not showup, is it any problem with my end. can you put instruction to on the file

• HopeWasHere

I can put some instructions, but it should just be like any other xnb mod. It could be that the number of accessories is hard coded and you need to use the get dressed mod to override the amount: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/331/?
        I didn't think about that when making the mod. Give that a try, if it works then I'll update the information telling people they need that mod to get it to work

jasseralf likes this.
        • jasseralf

i'm new to this. really thanks for your fast response

• HopeWasHere

No problem at all! I'm new at making mods, so any time there's a problem I would love to get it figured out so I can help the next person who runs into it :) Did using that mod make the accessories show up?

• jasseralf

yes, really thanks, and keep up your work. could i request too ? because i using mac so i don't really can't to make myself xnb like no support or something like that. so could i request a cigar/ciggarette as an accessories? . thanks again

• HopeWasHere

Yeah, I totally do requests! I'm always looking for new things to add to this mod. I'll add that in the next release, anything else you would want to see? Hair, shirts, accessories, hats, or other things like furniture or other sprite work?

• jasseralf

could you do a horse replacement for rideable sebastian motorcycle (and make it black optional color)

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 00.33.55.png

it's on spring, summer, fall , winter outdoors tilesheet on the bottom left of the tilesheet

winter_outdoorsTileSheet.png

please consider to make it, and many many thanks

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
                  • HopeWasHere

I can do that, but there is a mod that is very similar to his bike that you might want to check out: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/413/?

• jasseralf

just want to make everyone can ride sebastian motorcycle, and it's really cool i think to ride motorcycle that already on the game. for the black prefrences i just like black color :)

• Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

Can I just say I REALLY appreciate this template you included! Its been a huge boon adding new hair to the xnb sheet, and lets me add them so I dont need to check SDV a million times in the process lol.

jasseralf likes this.
                        • HopeWasHere

I'm glad they've been helpful! I know that I haven't been able to anything without them, so I figured others would like them as well :)

• HopeWasHere

Update: New hair, hats, accessories, and shirts added to the main file! Check out the main post for more details!

• MagicHat0088

MagicHat0088 Big Damn Hero

hey, question, this may sound stupid but what is the yaml file for and what do i do with it?

• Balentay

Balentay Void-Bound Voyager

A yaml file is part of an xnb file. Depending on whether your unpacked xnb file has a png image or not it'll be the sole component of the xnb file c: You don't need to do anything with it- Hope just includes the packed and unpacked versions of their mods for easy editing!

HopeWasHere likes this.
                                • jasseralf

i really love it, the cigarette that i requested. i don't have the cigar pic yet but i'll post it later
                                  this is me alone on the cliff :)
                                  Alf.jpg

really love you HOPE!!!, and really thanks for what you done

and i found this hair (155) unnatural when you horseback riding
                                  Screen Shot 2017-04-08 at 00.15.26.png

Alf 4.png

really HOPE you make the sebastian motorcycle too as a horse replacement; and a police bike/motorbike/harley for your police station later

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                                    HopeWasHere likes this.
                                  • HopeWasHere

Thanks for all the support, and the screen shots, that really helps me pin point problems :)
                                    For the hair, I can fix that, but part of it will cover up the body so I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not. But I'll edit it and send it your way.
                                    I'm glad you like the cigarette, do you think I should add them as hats too? Accessories get covered by hair, and hats don't, so I think it would help, but not if there's not interest.
                                    As for the motorcycle horse, I have it planned for an upcoming horse mod that should be out soon-ish. And a police bike, hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea :)
                                    If you have any other errors you spot, or anything else you would like to see, let me know

Edit: The hair has been fixed, you can download the file here: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1008/?#

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
                                    • jasseralf

yes, i think you should add it as hats, because i want use your round sunglasses as accessories :)

wow, i can't wait for the motorcycle
                                      yes, i'll look into it, always if there any problem on your mod.
                                      hmm... i think the gold necklace kinda unfit like floating when i wear it not like silver necklace. i'll post the pic of it for you later

• alicedafox

alicedafox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First of all : Thanks for the Mod! Looks amazing :love:

But I got a problem my ItemSpawner dont show your hat mods.. just the normal ones. :cry:
                                        I installed it like all the other mods too. (Replace the mod file with the original file -here the hats.xnb-)

• HopeWasHere

Did you also replace the hats.xnb in the data folder?