Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SomeKindaStoner

SomeKindaStoner Intergalactic Tourist

I have noticed that certain seeds, made in the seed maker are not planting. I am not understanding why, and it is a real pain in the ass. Especially when I use a Gold Star Starfruit in the seed maker to make 3 starfruit seeds, then go to use them, and it makes a different noise, instead of the planting noise. It "uses" my seeds, but there is no seed planted. :( I am using the Beta version of Stardew and wanted to report my problem, just didn't know where to report it. Thank you. Hope this gets to the right area, and someone can look into it. :)

• niallquinn

niallquinn Poptop Tamer

Hi everyone,
      I hope this hasn't been answered before. I tried searching this thread, but no suitable answer came up.

In fact, I haven't bought SDV on Steam yet but I've been thinking about doing so for months now... ;) I'm still waiting for the German translation (for my wife, to be exact) to leave the beta branch, so that I can safely start a game in German which I'll be able to continue later. (First post says that we won't be able to continue "beta saves" in the main branch later.)

My question is: Can I start a game in English now (NOT in the beta, but in the main branch) that I'll be able to continue in German once the German translation has left beta status and been moved into the main branch?

Any help is gladly appreciated. :)

• untergeher

untergeher Void-Bound Voyager

German, v1.2.18

Beet Seeds = Rote-Beete-Saat
        Beet = Rübe

I think it would be nice (and it would match with anything else) if you would use only one translation for the seeds and the actual crop. i would suggest to use the translation of the beet seeds also for the beet.

all my translation suggestions on http://community.playstarbound.com are published under CC0 1.0 Zero - Is this helping?

• paintingtheroses

paintingtheroses Void-Bound Voyager

Hi! This update has made gamepad functionality WAY better, so I wanted to say thank you for that! I find keyboard/mouse controls hard to use so the controller support is a big deal to me.

Language: English
          Operating System: Mac
          Build Version: current

I use a gamepad (Xbox controller)

Some feedback:
          During the Stardew Valley fair event, the cursor won't go down into your inventory to add items to the grange display, it was stuck in the 3x3 grange square. I exited out and tried again a few times and it was still stuck like this. I had to use a mouse to add items. It did let me access my inventory after the judging was over and I was putting my items back.
          It would also be nice if when returning the items would let you click to auto-add them to your inventory (like when buying things) rather than making me manually add them/recombine stacks.

When shipping items, I will bring my cursor down to the 2nd or 3rd row of my inventory, and it won't go back to a row above. It only snaps to "last item shipped." Putting the last item shipped back in my inventory allows me to go back to the first row of my inventory again. Otherwise I've had to do all 3 rows in order top to bottom, which is kind of annoying.

Also I have trouble placing furniture in the house. I will walk up to furniture where I want it, and the cursor will be green, but I will get an error sound effect and the furniture item will not place when I press A. I can click with my mouse and it will place no problem.

These aren't bugs but are just thoughts about the functionality.
          Accessing the "organize" function in a chest seems unintuitive to me. From what I can tell, I can't go right from inside the chest, but instead from inside my inventory, to get the cursor to snap to it. It feels strange since the organize button is more or less in line with the chest. Also, it would be nice if the cursor stayed on the "organize" button instead of automatically going to the first item in the chest.

The game will sometimes open menus (like "Eat this apple?") and give me options "Yes/No." I'll hit B to select no, and the cursor will go to the bottom of the screen over that menu option even though the menu has disappeared. Then when I hit A instead of using whatever item I'm holding it'll select the item in my inventory that the cursor is over. This has caused me to give incorrect gifts, plant wrong seeds, etc. without even realizing what has happened.

I also can't tell when the game will perform an action (like planting seeds, placing fences, etc.) in the direction of the cursor relative to my character, and when it will just perform an action immediately in front of my character. I'll go to plant a seed sometimes and it'll plant right behind my character when I expected it to be in front. I don't know if this is feedback so much as me just not being good at the game, but making it more obvious might help?

Thanks so much!

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Yolanda_Qingxu Star Wrangler

Translation Feedback
            Language: Chinese
            Operating System:
            Windows 7
            Build Version: 1.2.18
            Image 1.jpg When Pam told me Penny hate beer, she call penny "my 小女婴".
            The only meaning of that in Chinese is a baby girl who's less than one year old. If Pam wants to say "my dear daughter", it will be "我的 宝贝女儿".
            【小女婴】→【宝贝女儿】

• paintingtheroses

paintingtheroses Void-Bound Voyager

A little more controller feedback-

Pierre and Clint's shops (haven't tried Willy yet) seem to have the same kind of bug as the shipping box, where the cursor will go immediately from the bottom option of their shop to the second or third row of my inventory and won't go further up in my inventory to sell things. I have to use a mouse. I haven't tried this in a situation where the only sellable objects are in the top row yet.
              Also, the scroll bar does not scroll as you go to the bottom of the shop, it stays stuck to the top.

It's also a little inconvenient to have to scroll aalllll the way to the bottom of Pierre's shop before the cursor will go to your inventory to sell things.

Finally, is there a native controller input equivalent to left shift (buying 5 of one thing at a time)? That's a feature that I use a lot, especially now that I'm in late game.

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Crash/Bug Report
                Operating System: windows 10

After Penny said that she filled the pet bowl with water standing at the position in the picture, the next dialogue simply flashes then disappears when click again for conversation. It happens every time. Maybe a bug.
                upload_2017-3-29_12-37-7.png

Yolanda_Qingxu likes this.
                • Yolanda_Qingxu

So dose Emily! Always happen in morning after she helped me with farm work.

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Translation Feedback
                    Operating System:
                    Windows 10
                    upload_2017-3-31_16-20-28.png
                    You translate the dwarvish: 你将矮人语翻译如下

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Translation Feedback
                      Operating System:
                      Windows 10
                      There must be something wrong about these two sentences.
                      upload_2017-4-1_17-21-46.png
                      I guess the original meaning is to move it to another house rather than changing home decoration.
                      upload_2017-4-1_17-22-52.png
                      Not sure where "生日" comes from (not its name). "猪" should be in place of "生日".

• Koihime Nakamura

Koihime Nakamura Ketchup Robot

Crash/Bug Report
                        Language:
                        English
                        Operating System: Windows 10
                        Build Version: 1.11

Just a note, there's a known case where a lightning strike can occasionally crash the game. It's when it can't find a valid target to hit. The crash is a complete CTD. As far as I can tell, this hasn't changed in 1.2.x

• ArleneFZ

ArleneFZ Intergalactic Tourist

Report for Chinese,

I'm glad to see Chinese in Stardew Valley, however, there are still some problems in translation.

The grammar is wrong in Chinese about changing home for livestock, it should be "为你的(color)(animal)(livestock's name) 选择一个(house)", not “为你的生日选择一个鸡舍,褐色的鸡.”
                          For example, I'd like to change a home for my brown chicken, and this chicken's name is Coco, it should be “为你的褐色的鸡Coco选择一个鸡舍.”

Attached Files:

• parabolic paradise

parabolic paradise Subatomic Cosmonaut

I decided to try out the beta due to the Animal Happiness fixes mentioned in the first post, especially since the last two things I need for the Community Center are a Duck Feather and a Rabbit Foot and I never go to bed before 7 PM. However, I'm still getting the "_____ looks fine." message in the morning despite the fact that they grazed the day before, indicating that Happiness was still degrading. Is this intended behavior?

• Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp Starship Captain

The patch notes from ConcernedApe (That I saw) only address two animal things:

• Petting a fully-happy animal no longer wraps happiness around to 0.
                              • Animals with a deluxe product no longer produce less at higher happiness.
                              So my guess is the happiness decay while an animal is inside a building and the player stays up past 6PM is either intentional or not fixed. Someone can try to check this by looking at the inside animals mood message before 6PM, and then again much later on in the day to see if it changes from "very happy" to "looks fine"

Not sure if this also fixes the thing where the mood is multiplied by negative two, if mood is 200 or less.

I haven't been playing since I confirmed all the bugs and made my post about it, so someone else is probably better off confirming these at the moment ( http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/psa-major-animal-bugs-issues.126444/ )

• Yolanda_Qingxu

是否传错了图?图片是马厩的提示语呢,不过这个马厩提示语看着也挺别扭的233333

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation Feedback
                                  Operating System:
                                  Windows 7
                                  1.When Sam tell me about what is Kent's hate, he says Kent hate “Extremely terrible” because it's extremely terrible. It doesn't make sense.
                                  Image 2.jpg
                                  2.Grammar is wrong when Kent's ask for a parsnip on bulletin board.
                                  Image 3.png

• ArleneFZ

果然传错了图。。马厩也是想反馈的。。。

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

v1.2.20 changes (since v1.2.18)
                                      • Fixed a few more situations where the cursor would show up unnecessarily when using a gamepad
                                      • Made the links in the about menu selectable with the gamepad
                                      • Fixed the shipping bin menu not allowing the cursor to move up within the inventory grid
                                      • The skip event button doesn't show if you're using a gamepad (use the back button to skip)
                                      • A few Chinese translation fixes
                                      For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

• ArleneFZ

May I ask what has changed for Chinese translation?

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Bug Feedback
                                          Operating System:
                                          Windows 7
                                          Can not harvest the forage which is right at the door of Junimo's hut. They can't get out either.
                                          Image 1.jpg

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.