Chat Tell Us Your Troubles Thread - advice & friendly chats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BloodyFingers, Oct 22, 2013.

1. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glad to hear that. Every little piece of happiness counts, and current world has lack of it, because it goes to the 'evil ones'.
    Hold it firmly, my friend!

MilkCalf and Surenu like this.
  2. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

I made a mistake of spending most of my recent paycheck on groceries and food for the children. Now I have to go over a week without my fix of alcohol, unless I beg for it.

Was in too deep a depression on thursday to get out of bed to work, and spent most of friday unconcious and blacked out to do much work.

Think I'm going to have to give up half of my next paycheck, lest' boss take me to court!

3. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Cutting out on booze seems like a solid plan. Unless you want to spend that remaining half of your money on hooch and starve to death.
    (pls don't do that)

BigEaredKittens likes this.
  4. BigEaredKittens

Nah, I wont starve. I live with family still.

How's canada been, eh? Getting a good taste of canadian freedom and maple syrup?

5. BloodyFingers

I'm not sure about freedom since, for me, going back to living on my parents' money are three steps back in my life. But there are lots to enjoy here in Canada... Right?

...So why am I still feeling depressed?

Maple syrup is tasty, though.

6. BigEaredKittens

Yes. Maple syrup is tasty. |3

Only you can know that one. Perhaps you become independant again soon. Best fortunes for future, yes.

7. BloodyFingers

I was never independent to begin with. I always depended on their money for one thing or another. The only time I truly lived without their aid was when I was living in a living room, sleeping on a mattress on the floor of a small apartment shared by four others. And those were the best moments of my life.

8. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

So, I decided to quit smoking. I have quit highly addictive drugs before, but it's never been that bad. Who thought it was a good idea to outlaw flamethrowers again?

9. BigEaredKittens

Yeah... I'm stuck in thesame situation, I guess. Tho, I come fro ma culture of people with a lacking sense of personal propeerty, so who's money is who's isn't much of an issue, as long as it's not stolen. Domestic abuse is the reason I want out.

Only way I can see one becoming idnependant is if, somehow, one starts raking in more cash to get apartment or something. Either that, or finds an SO to live with. Or... something.

You lit your cigarettes with flamethrowers? Good luck with kickin' it~

10. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Nah. This was more referring to me wanting to burn everything right now. Put it all to the torch, turn it all to a cinder.

11. BloodyFingers

Sometimes I want to do that simply for shit & giggles. So we are birds of a feather in that regard.
    Real talk? ok...

If that were the case, I'd say "A flame that burns twice as fast, burns twice as bright".

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    Surenu likes this.
  12. BigEaredKittens

Aaahhhh, okay. Somking is one of those things I'll never understand the appeal of. I think i might understand how you feel tho. I've been wanting to claw my walls and beg for alcohol since I've been without for 3(?) days.

I don't think I'm ready to be sober yet, but I hope oyou do well in your struggle, yes!

Like a rockstar, yeah?

KookyKeronian and BloodyFingers like this.
  13. BloodyFingers

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I thought about quitting, but menopause is taking over. There is NO WAY I'm going to quit when I'm being forced to be a B****!

15. BloodyFingers

oh there you are! :love:

16. Kashmir

Yes, I'm still alive. Migraines have been happening, as well as all the cartilage in my left shoulder has seemed to have disintegrated so I'm rubbing bone on bone and it's very painful. Also, I'm fostering shelter kittens which have to be cleaned and fed every couple of hours (just like a human baby). Plus they were found sick, so I have to medicate them. Needless to say, I'm tired and catching sleep whenever I can.

17. BloodyFingers

In that case, you have my blessings. Carry on. :up:

-edit-
    Who am I? What I am doing all this for?

The homestay family husband asked me this question during a conversation we had about faith and religion. As some of you might know, I am atheist. But that doesn't mean I won't talk about religion, god or faith. Nor does it mean I will treat them badly or try to sway them from their beliefs. But those questions he asked me, were asked to him years ago. And his answer was Jesus and God. It made me ponder about this. Religion is something people often use to fill a void inside themselves. I guess I could answer those questions myself the same way he did. But I think I'll look further for another answer before I give in like that.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  18. BigEaredKittens

I had another episode last night. Not feeling good. Not good at all.

19. Kashmir

I didn't know but I glad you can say it (for fear of ridicule). I myself am Agnostic..and for people who don't know, yes, there is a difference.

BTW, the answer to it all is.....42

KookyKeronian and BloodyFingers like this.
  20. BloodyFingers

How are you doing now? Any better?