RELEASED Expanded Crevices [New Version 2.0!]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

It's an addition with this mod below the Archaeology center. I think year 3 should show it.

This may not be a fun bug to fix.. Any suggestions on solving that? Make huge paths layer that wraps around and ends up back in the mountains on the backwoods2.xnb? :V I kid.. I'll have to do some stalking and see ifI don't lose characters. Last night I followed Shane there but he ended up making it home. He must have a hidden hatch there somewhere.

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

I honestly am starting to think that this "disappearing" bug won't occur if you're on the same map as the character. I've tested a couple of times when it happened and I closed the game without saving, restarted, checked that the bug persisted, then stalked the person. For some reason they did not get lost when I was following them...

Maybe it's something weird like the game screws up their map warping and they just sit in "limbo land" until the day is reset and they're teleported to their spawn locations (meaning their beds)?

• Androxilogin

I followed Shane again and while using the "Extreme Zoom" mod with the map open, it showed him at Calico Desert then on the ocean shore in the bottom right.

• Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

LOL! Well that's obviously not right! n.nU

I gotta remember to ask Shane were the magic portal rune he's using to teleport around is located at. :]

• Androxilogin

He's got things to do, places to be!

• MiyuDiana

MiyuDiana Scruffy Nerf-Herder

@Karmylla I reinstalled the game here, and tried to play with your "weapons.xnb" file installed and that did not work with interfering with these mod here. I should have something wrong before I was interfering with your file .... Now that is, I have not the slightest idea .. kkk

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Well, I know from my recent digging around in the Monster class's code that the movement AI for them checks whether the back layer has an "NPCBarrier" property. Maybe that could work in blocking NPCs from going through certain areas, too?

Edit: Just did a quick search for "NPCBarrier" in the NPC, Character, and NPCController classes, and it doesn't show up in any of them. Looks like that idea is a bust. :(

Androxilogin likes this.
                • Androxilogin

Ah, great effort at least. That would have been great if that was it. I was tempted to bust out the laptop just now and throw up a barrier.

• Escutcheon

Escutcheon Void-Bound Voyager

Nope, he wasn't showing up at all.

• qsato

qsato Seal Broken

Getting the same as others, Penny, Jas and Leah goes into BackWoods and stares at a cliff, all standing on the same tile. Sometimes Marnie joins them and somehow manages to clip through the cliffs and vanishes god knows where

• TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

Don't know if this has been mentioned but it appears if I try tro enter leahs house (under marnie) after 10 I freeze... Here is the log if it helps

Attached Files:

• qsato

qsato Seal Broken

Would it be possible to completely disable BackWoods? I'm having massive troubles with villagers getting stuck there and it seems like that's the only area where they are getting stuck

• t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I found another bug about backwoods, if you have gift bouquet to bachelor or bachelorette to open 10 hearts, him / her heart will be reset to 8 hearts if he / she go through backwoods

• Androxilogin

The backwoods could be completely disabled but the shortcut from the bus stop will also need removed. I'll try to get around to uploading a replacement manifest that does so for a "quick-fix" until I can get it all figured out.

• TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

On one of my accounts I can't seem to find leah at all and whenever I go to her house it crasher (log above) is there a way to fix this?

• Androxilogin

That is an odd bug but I assume another mod is causing this issue.

Try this edited manifest.

This may very well be my last edit as well as my final release. I often feel as though I've exhausted my enthusiasm and hoped somewhere along my journey I would discover the drive of my determination. In that sense, I've failed myself many times over. I still have a few mods that have come a very long way but may never be publically released. Along with its' counterparts, I consider them functional for the most part and have decided to take my leave- at least temporarily if not permanently. For those of whom are having problems, I hope the attached manifest will help.

I simply no longer possess the energy to pursue all it entails to swarm over a vast amount of logs and single things out. My motivation in the beginning was to create what wasn't there for my youngest niece who had grown quite interested in the game itself and often questioned the setbacks I also had. I changed these 'little annoyances' and continued on with much more than I had ever planned to. For now, I intend to leave everything I've created as-is and only pop in for compatibility updates. I may push some silent updates or new releases on my blog and slightly mention it here eventually but at the moment, I regret to say, I don't even know if that will happen.

It's been a fun run and I'm glad I could contribute the mods that I have. Thanks to everyone who gave my work a chance and to those who helped along the way. I'll still pop in from time to time and assist where I can. For now, though, I'm going back to being a recluse in my shack in the woods.

Attached Files:

Karmylla likes this.
                                  • Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

I completely understand your lack of energy, I feel much the same! Motivation has been growing less and less in the past few weeks, so I can relate...
                                    Take your time and, if you ever decide to come back to all this, we will be here for you :)
                                    Thank you so much for all you have shared with this community!

Androxilogin likes this.
                                    • Androxilogin

I haven't completely decided but to let go of the burden of obligation at least for now just feels right. I've mauled it over the last few days and it seems appropriate. I may work here and there and put something up sometime.

I've recently started a spousal room mod where items can be removed and/or added. Such as what was left after [spouses move out] can be taken from their old rooms and placed in their farmhouse room (such as left over posters, dressers).

After finishing it up for Abigail and waking up the next day I just felt like, "that's dumb" because it was condition based and could only be moved once. I thought about making their rooms get switched around during seasons/different years but that would take the interaction part out of it. So a night of non-stop work on something I'll never use kinda put the whole thing in perspective and made me decide to put everything on hold to see if I feel the urge to revisit things later.

So for now, I've got six more seasons of "Alfred Hitchcock Presents" to fill my free time while going back to high-resolution image editing. Also, thank you for your contributions as well! Great community, good times.

Karmylla likes this.
                                      • qsato

qsato Seal Broken

Works like a charm, thank you for this and all your hard work, really enjoying your mods and I totally understand if you feel burnt out. I've been in a similar situation myself, doing a ton of coding and on the way adding stuff just to realize that "wait, this will most likely never be used by anyone but me" and it's really exhausting. I wish you luck with your next project and if you'd ever feel like coming back to this I'm sure people would appreciate it. Your spouse move out addition sounds awesome as Stardew Valley really lacks immersion when it comes to the whole family bit, there's no point having children as they'll grow to toddlers and then do nothing, your wife/husband rarely does anything and doesn't really react to anything. I'm not expecting a whole sims experience but you catch my drift.

• t4k0y4k1

t4k0y4k1 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you very much for this, it works great on mine, I'll inform again when find bug. Once again, thank you very much for your mods and hard works