1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Generated Structures?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lavender Aces, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Lavender Aces

Lavender Aces Space Spelunker

Hey all!

I just wanted to know what is your favorite generated structure? I personally love the Novakid towns, and I' love to see more Novakid structures added in the future.

Let me know!

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I would have to say either the Hylotl abandoned manner or the Hylotl underwater ruins. I like how they can be laid out, as I have seen at least 4-5 of each. Makes for a good building renovation location.

I would have said the floran prisons, but those do not exist anymore. At least by default.

Lavender Aces likes this.
  3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Glitch castles. They were super cool when they could be found on moons. No oxygen, cold envirnment, that really added to their charm.

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Novakid towns. Unlike other structures, they're relatively open and require zero effort to navigate. So much less button-pressing, so much more relaxing.

5. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

USCM buners. Yes, I know. :)

And Apex lab.

6. Lambientan

Lambientan Void-Bound Voyager

The thumbs of the Avians are pretty neat. I tend to go, kill everyone, clean up the space and claim it as my base so I can get lots of rooms and decoration.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
  7. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I always liked the old apex labs that are gone. and the old complex with the generator you could blow up for matter.

from the currently still existing ones, I don't know maybe the HUGE glithc catsles where youc an swing and jump around between the towers but generally they feel wrong by implementation because they seem to be pointless oversized.

8. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

I like the Apex labs a lot, but also everything Avian.

9. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

I like those for the codexes if you have the time and motivation to find them. The Glitch castles, I mean.

Since I'm some-what basic, I like Human settlements. Since they're simple yet so beautiful (on Forest planets), I just love walking through them.

10. Lavender Aces

I actually really like human camps as well! The dialogue of those NPC's is pretty good as well. I'd love to see more built up camps for Humans added someday.

MistyTheNeko likes this.
  11. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I hate human camps :)

12. MistyTheNeko

MistyTheNeko Ketchup Robot

Instead of making this thread turn hostile, please keep the comments on the same topic, and only share what you like instead of saying the opposite.

Thanks.

(Even if it is a joke, there are people who will get offended anyways, so just try to keep it at a bare minimum)

13. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

I apologize. But I really do not like these settlements and would be glad if they were replaced.

14. Lavender Aces

Would you prefer larger settlements? More detail or loot? I enjoy hearing suggestions from the community.

15. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Do you understand, that with this approach, humans , like a race, are doomed?

16. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

I've yet to find a Novakid village, but I actually like the Apex apartments.

Funny story: one time, I found an Apex city...with an Apex Rebel Base literally a stone's throw away.

17. Exilyth

Exilyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hazmat scientist field research post in the mutated/alien biome, especially the ones with a 'sample' encased in glass blocks (if that is still a thing in the base game, I haven't been playing without frackin' universe for quite a while now).

18. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Those are great. Not a pain in the butt to navigate, like most of the other structures, and they can have some really cool stuff in them. I found my new favorite hat, the Caustic Stag Helmet, in one of those, if I remember correctly.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  19. Lavender Aces

10/10 realism great game

maestro kitty likes this.
  20. Snow and Ice wolf

Snow and Ice wolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suppose my favorite generated structures are the floran canyon, hylotl underwater ruins, glitch evil fortress, and those apex zoo labs, mostly because they contain randomly generated creatures different from the planets general species.