Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sansrivalcake

sansrivalcake Tentacle Wrangler

@Voltaic123 finally figured it out with some help from the discord chat :) it's actually the nospawn property of the tile that's giving me trouble. Thanks for the help! :)

Starbeak87 and Voltaic123 like this.
    • Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, that's easy enough to get rid of. Thankfully.
      I had one hell of a learning curve myself, when I did the Greener pastures mod. If you want something to work off of, that already has a nice bit of texture to it. Feel free to rip into that map. Just give some credit if you post anything.

• sansrivalcake

sansrivalcake Tentacle Wrangler

@Starbreak87 It's been hard but fellow modders have been kind enough to guide me in the right direction :) I really do love the doghouse you added in your maps :)
        I do have another question..which tilesheet do i need to add a pond in the farm map?

• Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

If you are editing the Farm map, you shouldn't have to add a tilesheet. What you need should be on the Spring sheet, about 1/3 of the way down. The tiles you will be using likely already have the Water = T property, which is what they need in order to function for rendering, swimming, and fishing.
          In general, the edge of the pond goes on the building layer, and the water goes on the back layer. This is so yo can't walk in. Though you can use tricks like I did with the dock, to allow for swimming.

• CyberLauren

CyberLauren Intergalactic Tourist

I just started to look into the map editing stuff because I wanted to make the green house bigger and suit my needs. I enlarged the size of the green house map a lot and the coordinates for entrance changed. When I tested on the basic farm map, I clicked the green house door and it warped me into the middle of the map instead of the entrance of the map (to be expected really). So then I started to edit the Farm map, and under the building layer, the tile property where the door would be has a action called "WarpGreenhouse". Where is this "WarpGreenhouse"? I assume is something like a stored numbers of coordinates, but I don't know where to change it. Right now I have "WarpGreenhouse" changed to Warp [whatever coordinates of the map entrance] Greenhouse, it works on the basic farm, but I think I need to change the "WarpGreenhouse" every farm layout for it to function for the entire game. I wonder if I did it correctly. Where can I find "WarpGreenhouse"?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is a unique action for the greenhouse and completely hardcoded, install the `EntoaroxFramework` mod if you want to keep the greenhouse behaviour (Only available after completing the required quest) while moving the entry point, as there is no way to do both without a SMAPI mod, and `EntoaroxFramework` handles moving the greenhouse entry point automatically as part of its `GamePatcher` functionality.

• CyberLauren

CyberLauren Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks, I guess that's true for all the buildings on the farm, probably why I don't see much enlarged building mods. I will look into it.

• xxarrio

xxarrio Void-Bound Voyager

So I've run into a problem: I can't get this wooden bridge
                  [​IMG]
                  to work. I've tried adding the passable=T property to all of the tiles for the bridge, I've tried adding the type=wood property, I've tried everything I can think of. The properties are the same as the properties for these on the fishing farm map, a map where this bridge works, they're on the same layer that the fishing farm has them on, but they still don't work. I can walk on the top tiles, but I can't walk on the others. Anyone have an idea of why this thing hates me?

• Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

The bridge parts themselves have to be set to passable=T but the water underneath it cannot have the passable quality at all, whether set to true or false. The water to the sides of it need to be set to passable=F, or you'll walk into the water. At least in my experience with making them.

• Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry if this has been answered before, but I am having some problems editing the town map in tIDE. I was hoping to make a few changes but I can't edit the map. The changes I want to make are to clean some of the rubbish, move some of the bushes that spawn, as well as fixing the broken fence palings around the houses, and replacing a few fences entirely. It lets me delete stuff just fine and I am able to place SOME tiles such as static bushes in certain areas, but mostly none of the changes actually show up. Is this map locked somehow and if so, is there something I should be doing?

I have been able to edit other maps, but the town.xnb is the first one I am having problems with editing.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

I had a lot of maps I was randomly unable to paint tiles onto. However, the recompiled tIDE executable in this thread resolved the issue completely.
                        http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/tide-recompiled-with-fixes.131392/

Koutetsu likes this.
                        • Koutetsu

Koutetsu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks heaps Hammurabi!! That link works :D I have yet to finish the edits and test the new map but at least that version of tIDE is letting me place plants and such. Thanks again mate, really appreciate it.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

I've edited and tested three different maps so far, and all the edits have shown up in-game. :)

• MoonlitBrenya

MoonlitBrenya Existential Complex

I know this is an older comment, but I could seriously kiss you. I have been pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to figure out why I could get the spouse room to look great in tide, but it would look like a disco club vomited on itself in game. I wasn't changing the stupid game files, I was assuming it store all that info, but I guess it only stored the place where it would have to pull from. Thank you, and my remaining hair thanks you, too. Wanders off muttering to herself about daring to mess with the clutter...

Kattia likes this.
                              • Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Augh. Does anyone know how to turn off the Auto Tile function in tIDE? Its driving me crazy

• hollowlaughter

hollowlaughter Void-Bound Voyager

Alright, I've got a quick question that I'm going to post now, so I hopefully have answers when I wake up. I'm working on a farmhouse edit, and have two main issues that I'm unable to solve currently.

I added a Paths layer (w/ appropriate tilesheet) so I could access the lights (used in NPC housing/locales). But for some reason, the lights are not working on the FarmHouse map like they do elsewhere? Doing this isn't something I can find anything on how to fix. paths.png is edited into the .yaml at the bottom of the list as well, fyr.

Edit: Addition, is this because I'm loading it into an old save and thus the materials from paths aren't spawning, like when you add new ones to an existing map? Didn't think lights would work like bush spawners, but...

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Believe the farmhouse is coded so that paths layer lights and the Lights map property don't work on them. I've tried some tricks before and it hasn't ever worked. Though, these sources do work in the Cellar. As for your edit, no, they don't work like the bushes; they appear immediately on old and new saves alike from my experience.

@Kattia Those are actually part of the tilesheet. Two ways to remove:
                                    1) Right click on the tilesheet to look at it's properties, go to custom properties, find the autotile properties and delete them (click on the blank little square on the left to highlight the row and remove them via delete key); make sure to just double click a random property or box afterwards (don't enter anything or change it) so that you can apply the changes to custom properties.
                                    2) There's also an Auto Tiles option when you right click. Choose that and delete every Auto Tile setting you don't want. You'll also want to make sure you can Apply the changes either by placing a random tile into the autotile area to one of the autotile settings before deleting it, or before/after deleting to add a new setting and then delete it.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
                                      Kattia likes this.
                                    • hollowlaughter

Hm, so is there any way to add lightsources to the FarmHouse map that don't require you to have to use in-game light furniture? Would the AmbientLight function work, maybe?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@hollowlaughter Curiously, I tested it. Didn't think the AmbientLight property would work (given the other light properties don't), but it does; the 3 numbers relate to the hue of the light filter, basically (higher numbers are more intense and darker). Setting AmbientLight to 0 0 0 should keep your house lit as if it's day the whole time.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
                                        • hollowlaughter

@FieryChaos That's great to hear so I can add that into the map I'm making. Probably gonna use something more soft and into the blues to counter reddishness but its a great place to start. For anyone searching this later on: SDV uses inverted RGB so if you want to use an exact color, make sure you use the RGB for the color once its been inverted to get light that's the color you want.

Which, what I wanted was "don't need a light inside when its dark but windows/lights do help".

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.