1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue my avian staff second power dosent work..

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by amirmiked12, Mar 20, 2017.

1. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

when u kill the avian boss you get a staff ok?
    but when i take that and use that my second power doesnt wrok
    and i have frackin race mod installed and inside of it theres a file called staff.lua .
    and when i use my staff second power this will be written into my log
    staff.lua error and something like that.
    can anyone help me how to fix it??
    tnx

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

3. amirmiked12

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  4. lazarus78

You have over 200 mods and a crap ton of errors. It isn't surprising at all that you have issues. The one causing the crash specifically is indeed from a mod that alters the staff.lua, so if you know which one that is, then remove it, otherwise, you get the fun task of disabeling mods till the issue is gone.

5. Kirbyroth

Kirbyroth Pangalactic Porcupine

that staff works fine for me and I have fracken races as well. Races only modifies the damage value not the 2nd ability.

6. amirmiked12

But frackin race has staff.lua in it

It doesn't crash my game .its second ability just doesn't work.. And frackin universe and frackin race have this staff. Lua file.
    I don't have any problem or crash with anything at all

7. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Avoid doubleposting. I already said that more than once.

Only because a mod has the file in it doesn't mean that this mod is causing this issue. Also mods that alters the exact same file are considered incompatible to each other. I assume you're suffering from such an incompatibility. Disable all mods and enable one mod after another to track down the issue.

~ Iris ~

8. amirmiked12

Why is there any rule that I'm not aware of

9. lazarus78

Changes nothing. Disable mods till the issue is resolved. That will tell you what mod is the initial cause of the problem.

If 2 mods have the same lua file, that would be a good place to start because Lua scripts can't be merged or patched like that. They get overlapped.