Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

When the user puts the melon wine in the chest, the name disappears. It happens to him with all the wines. It keeps the price and is stacked with the other melon wine without name, but does not show full name anymore.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

v1.2.16 changes
      • Some translation fixes for German and Chinese
      • Made the back button on the load game screen accessible with the new snappy gamepad cursor functionality
      • Fixed a minor graphical issue in the Backwoods
      For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

Guigui82 likes this.
      • Bowen

Bowen Void-Bound Voyager

Please don't call it "Spa" it sounds very terrible. "Badehaus" or "Heilbad" sounds better.

@untergeher: Sorry, aber Spa klingt einfach nicht schön und eher nacht einem typischen Modewort. Sollte es mal ein Hotel in stardew Valley geben, können wir ja dort eins einrichten. Obwohl ich den Begriff dann immer noch schrecklich finden würde. ;)

• ChemMixer

ChemMixer Subatomic Cosmonaut

upload_2017-3-16_10-24-4.png
          FYI, for V1.2.16 the Backwoods still glitchable. Updated Thread in Support section.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
          • danielee

danielee Master Chief

Translation Feedback
            Language: Chinese
            Operating System:
            Windows 10
            Build Version: 1.2.16
            this sentence didn't get translated
            upload_2017-3-16_0-34-14.png

• danielee

danielee Master Chief

Translation Feedback
              Operating System:
              Windows 10
              "由于过度休息,你感到有些力不从心",appears when you're exhausted. This sentence should be reconsidered because it is not logically correct.

Yolanda_Qingxu likes this.
              • TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

I know this isn't a suggestions thread, but is there any way we could get a font choice built into the options, so that you don't always have to use the pixel font that Eric made?
                No offense to him, it looks nice, but the game doesn't always render the letters properly. I'm looking at the fonts used for some of the translations(like the one for Chinese) and it looks to be way more consistent in displaying text. (images are in spoilers since they are big)
                [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Or maybe just see about making the modifications to just simply use an actual font file(.pfb, .ttf, .otf), instead of a bitmap image.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
                • Yolanda_Qingxu

Yolanda_Qingxu Star Wrangler

哈哈哈过度休息力不从心是什么鬼!

• Khandi

Khandi Orbital Explorer

Translation Feedback
                    Language:
                    German
                    Operating System: Windows 7

Which part of the translation do you think is wrong, and why?
                    How do you think it should be fixed, and why?
                    -
                    The description of Hops (Hopfen)
                    It says "Eine bittere, würzige Blume..."
                    The word "Blume" does not match any of the words used in german. Unfortunately we have several words for this part of hops. "Blüte" or "Knospe" or "Dolde" or "Frucht" or "Blütenstand". "Blume" is none of them, it means "Flower". I would prefer "Blüte" but maybe some other german users can help.

- The description of prehist. vertebra
                    It says "Ein Teil der Wirbeln einer..."
                    In german "Vertebra" is uncountable so there is no plural like "Wirbeln". It must be "Ein Teil der Wirbel einer..."

- The description of Coffeebean
                    It says "Pflanze sie im Sommer, um eine Kaffeeplanze..." There is one letter missing, it must be "Kaffeepflanze"

- MarriageDialogueElliott.de-DE
                    fall_15: "Ich vergesse vielleicht meinen Stolz für einen Tag und genehmige mir morgen in ein saftiges Barbecue-Sandwich."
                    Either you write "...morgen in Pelikandorf (or Pelikanstadt) ein saftiges..." because the word "in" needs a location or you just delete the "in" and this way it matches the english dialogue (in which Elliott does not mention Pelican City)

- Sam.de-DE
                    fall_Mon2: "Ich mag es, in dieser Jahreszeit Spaziergänge im Wald zu machen. Die Temperatur ist so angenehm#$
                    Missing punctuation character. "...ist so angenehm."

- Harvey.de-DE

Mon: "Wir verkaufen in der Klinik auch ein wenig Medizin direkt am Schalter... Schau also ruhig vorbei, wenn du erschöpfst bist.
                    There is an superfluous "s" It should be "erschöpft"

- Sebastians 4 hearts event (Data/Events/mountain)
                    In english
                    speak Sebastian \"What, you haven't seen my motorcycle before? Hmmm... I guess I haven't shown it to you.$8
                    This is translated to
                    speak Sebastian \"Was, hast du noch nie ein Motorrad gesehen? Hmmm... Ich hab's dir wohl bisher nicht gezeigt.$8
                    This is not the correct translation and creates a completely new meaning. "my motorcycle" means "mein Motorrad". "ein Motorrad" means "a motorcycle".
                    There is no reason why he should ask the player if she/he has never seen a bike before. He knows the player moved from a big city :facepalm:
                    He doesn't ask about a bike in the original dialogue, so don't make him do it in german <3

Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
                    • untergeher

untergeher Void-Bound Voyager

Jep, "Blume" sounds weird, "Blüte" is better, but i would prefer "Dolde", cause "Hopfendolde" is the common word here in Bavaria for this thing (i just learned that technically it isn't a "Dolde" but an "Ähre", but no one is knowing this;))

All of your other translation suggestions are 100% right.

Khandi likes this.
                      • Khandi

Khandi Orbital Explorer

(Ich bin in Hessen, hier trinken wir Ebbelwoi, der ist nicht so kompliziert ;) )
                        Aber ja, "Dolde" ist absolut okay !

I have found some more mistakes and some not-quite-correct terms I think I will write down later today or maybe tomorrow.

untergeher likes this.
                        • Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation Feedback
                          Operating System:
                          Windows 7
                          Image 1.jpg
                          when I am not ready to propose yet,the old seaman called me both kid(孩子) and young lady(小姐) in one sentence.
                          Just delete any one of (孩子)/(小姐)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
                          • catt_s

catt_s Space Hobo

Translation Feedback

Operating System: Windows 8
                            Build Version: 1.2.6275.21049

After my character got married with Sam, one night he told me "准备好打干草了吗?其实我铺过一次床铺" (These might not be the very exact words. Because I clicked too fast and wasn't able to get a screenshot).
                            These sentences are absolutely nonsense.
                            I suppose “打干草” = hit the hay, but the Chinese translation has nothing to do with sex, but literally punch the hay.
                            And I suppose “铺过一次床铺” = get laid, but the Chinese translation means "make the bed".

Yolanda_Qingxu likes this.
                            • Yolanda_Qingxu

233333这个翻译磨灭了仅有的情趣...

• tccoxon

Here's what he says in English: "Ready to hit the hay? I actually made the bed for once..."

"Hit the hay" just means to go to bed. It's not an innuendo :giggle:

That said, if it literally says to punch hay, the translation could be improved.

• tccoxon

v1.2.17 changes
                                  • ~7000 more characters have been added to the Chinese fonts. These aren't needed for the text in the game itself, but are expected to be relatively common in text input (e.g. in the names you give your farmer, farm, animals, etc.)
                                  • Switching from "Windowed Borderless" to "Fullscreen" should now go straight to fullscreen instead of Windowed mode
                                  • Wallpapers and floors no longer have a tile placement indicator showing a random object
                                  For reference, here are the changes in the previous builds:

• Play in Play

Play in Play Void-Bound Voyager

Language: Português-BR
                                    Operating System: Win 10
                                    Build Version: ALL BETA

Please, return the name of npc's to english. There no need translation.

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation/Bug Feedback
                                      Operating System:
                                      Windows 7
                                      Build Version: 1.2.17
                                      BUG:
                                      我们是祝尼魔.png
                                      After finish my first collection pack,the boiler room, the round-shape ELF(I don't remember its English name) went to its hut lifting nothing.
                                      I suppose there is a package.
                                      Translation Feedback:
                                      Image 2.png

At the same time I finished the boiler room collection,a blank bubble appeared above the ELF's head, I suppose it says thank you. This also happened when I finished other bundles.

• SoranoKiseki

SoranoKiseki Aquatic Astronaut

Operating System: Windows 10
                                        Build Version: Newest steam beta version as of 22, March, 2017

Issue regarding switching between full screen/window boarder less.
                                        After messing with my settings about full screen and scale my game won't start(see error log at the end), after messing with the save file a little bit I seem to know why, I have created a blank save file where this issue is also present.
                                        Under a changed scale, (my old file 0.75, my new file 0.8), while changing the game's full screen settings, such as from boarder less to full screen, the game will crash. I believe that because I used the hotkey alt+enter multiple times, this was somehow distorted in my savefile, because the game crashes when I attempt to load that very save. I changed the fullscreen to false and boarder less to true, and changed the scale to 1 in the save file. Then it can be opened in game, my scale could be changed, but if the scale is not 1, changing the fullscreen setting will cause a crash.(which also present in a brand new save.)
                                        Error log as follows:
                                        Message: Cannot access a disposed object.
                                        Object name: 'Texture2D'.
                                        InnerException:
                                        Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.CheckDisposed(Object obj, IntPtr pComPtr)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.TextureCollection.set_Item(Int32 index, Texture value)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.RenderBatch(Texture2D texture, SpriteInfo[] sprites, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Flush()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.End()
                                        at StardewValley.Game1.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
                                        at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
                                        at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
                                        at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

Please let me know if you are able to find a solution to this issue, thanks.

• Yolanda_Qingxu

Translation/Bug Feedback
                                          Operating System:
                                          Windows 7
                                          Build Version: 1.2.17

I Faint at 2 AM in my farm and get a letter from Harvey the day after. It says I fainted due to sunstroke(中暑).
                                          That's Incorrect. The reason should be lack of sleep(缺少睡眠).
                                          So [中暑]→[缺少睡眠]
                                          Image 001 (2).jpg
                                          When cursor on my last shipment, The instruction says " The last item is shipped out(最后的道具已运出)".
                                          But I think the instruction can be"最后出售的物品", that means "The last item you sold". That will be more appropriate.
                                          [最后的道具已运出]→[最后出售的物品]

Image 002 (2).jpg
                                          Weather forecast in Autumn says "Today is cloudy(今天多云), A gale will blow all day."
                                          It should be "tomorrow will be cloudy(明天多云)".
                                          so [今天]→[明天]
                                          Image 003 (2).jpg

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.