1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Can't see my character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by CalliPhoenix, Mar 18, 2017.

1. CalliPhoenix

CalliPhoenix Intergalactic Tourist

Hi, I've got a bit of an issue in my game. I'm new to the forums so I don't know if this is already a thread, but here goes:

So I have a character, and I've been playing for a couple of days with this one. I got through a good chunk of stuff, like scanning the clues for a few races and some side quests. But now, when I try to start a mission (i.e. the Avian part of the main mission) and I beam down to start it, I can't see my character or any of the creatures. I can see the background and everything, but that's it. Same thing happens when I beam back up to my ship. I've tried relaunching, but it's still happening. It seems that I can only get one good teleport in once I start the game before everything gets messed up. I don't have any mods, and I have no idea what's wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Update: Now it's worse. Once I start the game the ship looks like the image below. I can't play at all. Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.34.16 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-18 at 2.34.49 PM.png

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

1: please use thhe "Bug/Issue" tag for this kind of stuff
    2: Can we see a log? do you have any mods?

3. CalliPhoenix

CalliPhoenix Intergalactic Tourist

Oh sorry

And no I don't have any mods. Also, because I'm a silly noob, log for what? If you're talking about crash logs, I don't think that would help. The game isn't crashing. I can still move around and everything, I just can't see what I'm doing.

4. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Every time you start Starbound, a .log file is generated in /Starbound/storage, which records everything the game does until it closes again. The one needed is the starbound.log file with no numbers at the end, because it's the most recent.