1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Notice CAN'T LAUNCH STARBOUND? Read this!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Shinysnake

Shinysnake Void-Bound Voyager

my error isn't on here, its an acess violation

2. kingheri1

kingheri1 Space Hobo

Wow, you're a lifesaver, it's strange, i never use a mod in this game ever, i do remember use a mod on Stardew Valley. And also i already verified game cache and re-installing, looks like it didn't clear all the folder in the game. Thanks man. Really appreciate it.

lazarus78 likes this.
  3. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can someone upload that Steam_Api.dll1 file here? I don't have it in folder so I can't swap it, game crashes on logo screen with MAV error and the only way to run it is to close steam and open the .exe

4. baionikku

baionikku Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah... In Mac, i have that same problem...
    Im going to upgrade it! (Want some upgrades...)

5. Tekla

Tekla Void-Bound Voyager

I really need some help, whenever I try and load up my launcher, it says that "starbound has stopped working" and say windows will tell me if there is a solution to the problem. I tried reinstalling it.

6. Tekla

Tekla Void-Bound Voyager

When I launch starbound through steam it tells me "starbound has stopped working" and that windows will tell you if it finds any solutions?

7. Lonefish

Lonefish Void-Bound Voyager

I have the same problem aswell I launch it it works well for litterally 15 secconds but then it crashes. tried using both 64 and 32 version. launched it from inside its folder. and reinstalled it.

8. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Log file. It explains all.

Lonefish likes this.
  9. Lonefish

Lonefish Void-Bound Voyager

How do I go about fixing this?

10. lazarus78

Can't tell without your log file. We know nothing about your issue otherwise.

Iris Blanche likes this.
  11. Birdyx

Birdyx Space Hobo

for me it goes through step 1 of the first time install, then that window closes and nothing happens

deleting the game folder and reinstalling doesn't fix it

12. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach a copy of your starbound.log

~ Iris ~

13. Birdyx

Birdyx Space Hobo

where is the log file? It won't show up on a file search

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
  14. Springsummerfallwinter

Springsummerfallwinter Void-Bound Voyager

So I've redownloaded the game several times and the shortcut the steam download makes doesnt seem to work but the executable one in the starbound files opens it at first it said i had an access violation a few times but that seemed to clear up after i used the asset_packer.exe and asset_unpacker.exe the game runs fine from the starbound.exe in the folder dunno if this will help anyone that might still be having troubles with it though

15. grylcaon

grylcaon Void-Bound Voyager

Hi there.

I have been playing Starbound for a while now and I love the game, but now every time i start it up Starbound it freezes. playing a repeating noise and rendering my computer completely unresponsive. I can't CTRL+ALT+DELETE, open Task Manager or do anything at all. The only way to fix this problem is by rebooting my entire computer.
    I have uninstalled/ reinstalled, used compatability mode, verified data, used admin. and pretty much everything else.
    This problem has happened 4 times today.

All my drivers has been updated

I need support.

Win 10
    8 GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M
    SSD 25 GB
    HDD 1 TB

16. ninjacat313

ninjacat313 Void-Bound Voyager

I have 2 problems right now
    1:the steam and x64(the type my PC is) both crash with a error, one that I've only seen slight hints of but not the exact crash error
    2:when I run theX32 in steam and from files, it gives me an error of a missing dll, just like the last case, has been reported on an untouched steam forum
    All this happened after I tried using amd driver updater, it breaking my driver, and reinstalling my driver with device manager
    EDIT: this is a repost

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  17. TheDoubleDoor

TheDoubleDoor Aquatic Astronaut

Can someone tell me what's wrong?

First it wouldn't ever launch and just say it was running but nothing appeared, then it got to the black screen with spinning logo and now won't even launch at all.

I've removed all my workshop mods, I've deleted the folder and reinstalled twice.

Attached Files:

18. lazarus78

Have you unpacked your assets? There is still a file that is broken as well as a LOT of other broken things.

/damage/elementaltypes.config

And a lot of references to "money". Sounds like you have a lingering mod that you installed incorrectly.

19. TheDoubleDoor

TheDoubleDoor Aquatic Astronaut

There is nothing in my steam workshop for Starbound, and I've complete deleted the folder. Where else would a lingering mod exist?

How to do I make sure I unpacked everything?

20. lazarus78

Well it is trying to load up a broken config file and that would only happen from a mod or if you tinkered with it yourself. Try in your assets folder.