1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Customize & Edit Character

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jaxine, Mar 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxine

Jaxine Pangalactic Porcupine

So I have an idea. There is no way within Starbound to re-make your current chartacter without having to redo your missions and stuff. There are some mods and programs out there to do that, but I've found it very easy to do simply by editing the .player file.

So, I'm posting this to see what kind of interest there is for someone like me to offer their services to the community to make requested edits to your character. I'll post very thorough instructions on finding the player file, selecting the correct one, BACKING IT UP just in-case, getting the data to me, and activating the changes on your end whenn I'm done, easily.

I can do things, such as:

-Change Colors (to any color, partly transparent, and invisible) of:
    • Hair
    • Skin
    • Eyes
    • Underwear
    • Clothing (can even remove colors to make new clothes)
    • Emotes; Open mouth color, tear color, ect.
    -Change Physical Attrabutes:
    • Name
    • Name Color (may not work on some servers)
    • Hair Style (within race)
    • Idle Stance (Body and legs position)
    • Idle Arm Position (Separate from stance)
    • Race
    • Self Hurt Sound
    -Ship:
    • Tier
    • Crew Size
    • Max Fuel
    • Fuel Efficiency
    -Stats:
    • Max Health
    • Max Stamina
    • Max Oxygen
    • Max Food
    -Removing Glitched Items
    -Add Money / Essence
    -Add basic items
    -Duplicate any items in inventory

Possibly more, but I can't guarantee safety of a .player file beyond this.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Starcheat can do basically all of this.

3. Jaxine

Yep. Sure can. Thanks.
    I'm aiming towards people who don't want to, know how to or can't use StarCheat for whatever reason.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    Ickura, Roselle and xaliber like this.
  4. lazarus78

Ah... lazy people.

5. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

Hey, now, we should be grateful for Jaxine's offer.

Cen Silver likes this.
  6. Jaxine

I prefer lazy people over arrogant ones, just or example.

Ickura, greycito and Roselle like this.
  7. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hello, Lazy person here. Oh yeah, changing idle stance and arm stance sure will be great. Although there have been new personality types than just four for a while now, but the one combination i wanted wasnt one of them.

Is there currently even a working starcheat?

8. Jaxine

I dunno, I read it was outdated somewhere. I'm sure @lazarus78 has that info tho. Curious, what combination were you looking for?

9. lazarus78

Yes I do have that info. There is a working version out there. The I-love-bacon forum has a copy, but it requires registration and an approved post in order to get. I also have a copy but it is on my work computer, so I won't be able to get it till next monday.

Since it seems to be a pain to get these days, I plan on uploading it and making it more freely avaliable.

10. Jaxine

I just found StarCheat for 1.2, and it's not bad. But I find it faster and easier to just make the same edits in JSON. And there's more I can do that StarCheat can't.

11. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Hello. I find I am overwhelmed by the prospect of an editing attempt on my current character, which is of a modded race--Lamia. I have become dissatisfied with the colouration and hairstyle I chose at character creation. I have made a new character with the customization options I like. I did so with the intention of replacing the original character's appearance settings with the new character's settings. I have read horrifying anecdotes of this method causing Starbound to be unable to read the character file, though. If you have a way of making these small edits without destroying the character, I would love to have your aid.

I miss the simplicity of TerrariViewer and similar for Terraria. :rofl: This stuff is intimidating.

12. Jaxine

Yep, I can help you out. I'll download the Lamia race mod for testing, and I'll need you to send me the .player files for both the character you use and the one you have the colors for. PM me either here or on Steam (same name) I'll help you out.

Roselle likes this.
  13. Zairea the Floran

Zairea the Floran Void-Bound Voyager

Oooh, character editing! Hey, I'll send you a PM and I can send you my file I want to have changed, if you're willing to do it, that is.

14. Jaxine

This thread is dead, I am no longer doing this.

15. T4NGL3P4L

T4NGL3P4L Void-Bound Voyager

16. Ithlian

Ithlian Big Damn Hero

The Starcheat is tra... dead. Please continue with the mod. But make sure to change the color of the underwear. Asap pls =_=

17. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Necro posts are only allowed if you're on topic and the topic is still relevant. The OP clearly said they weren't going to do this anymore. Furthermore, they haven't been in almost a year. Going to lock this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.