An amazing idea.

Discussion in 'Other' started by GamingAddictions, Mar 13, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should they optimize starbound?

1. Yes

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GamingAddictions

GamingAddictions Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1lakwb.jpg

But in all seriousness, this game could use some optimization. I used to play this on a laptop and get around 50 fps, now I cant even get around 20 on a modern day PC. Its time to optimize guys.

Jappards and BreakingForce like this.
  2. BreakingForce

BreakingForce Big Damn Hero

yes pls. it runs 64 bit, but doesn't make use of most of the resources granted by that boon.

3. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Excuse me, but my "modern PC" runs this game on (virtual) 180 FPS and the only complaints I had come from laptops with archaic hardware, things like 3GB RAM when running windows7.

Ygrek likes this.
  4. Jaxine

Jaxine Pangalactic Porcupine

Define your 'modern pc' so we can all buy one, rather than Starbound being optimized so we can all enjoy it better. I have a pretty good PC that is more than enough to handle modded Fallout 4. Yet starbound gives me 24-30fps.

Ygrek and Waffle-Chan like this.
  5. GamingAddictions

GamingAddictions Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I can assure my setup Is not archaic.

6. BreakingForce

neither is mine. it's not state of the art any more, but it was a beast a handful of years ago when i built it. it still works pretty ok though.

7. Jaxine

Seriously, my PC is a f**kn beast. Its got a Phantonium tripple-quad VI Iodine 16ghz processor, 24.50gb of ddr14 RAM, an adimantium ultra X420 motherboard, a 32TB hyperspace harddrive, and a subsonic antimater 1.21 gigawatt power supply, and a bunch of other crap that doesn't even make sense. Seriously, check this:

[​IMG]

8. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Lets skip the defining and just say it runs all modern games on Ultra with smooth FPS?

Either way, if yours are all up to date - my bad. I simply chimed in because every time I was asked for help there, it was really, really really old systems or sub-par laptops. Yours may be a completely different issue then.

Ygrek likes this.
  9. BreakingForce

it's cool :). either way, further optimization is great for any level of system. so yes pls.

10. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

My laptop runs Starbound just fine, except for near the gate in the Ark after getting all of the artifacts. Other than right there, I get about 45-50 fps fairly consistently. I have Intel HD3000 integrated graphics, and a 2.4GHz i5 processor. Also, I think I've heard that the developers already did optimize Starbound, but I don't remember where I saw that or if it's true.

11. Jaxine

Yeah the exact same thing happens to me around the Gate. It gets laggy AF. But that don't bother me so much, its just the one place.

Ygrek likes this.
  12. BreakingForce

they did some optimization with the 1.0 release, but if more is possible, it'd be a nice thing to do.