RELEASED Teh's Fishing Overhaul

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TehPers, Feb 4, 2017.

1. TehPers

TehPers Void-Bound Voyager

Don't worry lol, you aren't "disturbing" me. Everyone makes mistakes. I'm glad it's working!

• mkh1588

mkh1588 Big Damn Hero

V1.3 beta version, when you get the treasure box, not one item, but a number of items. In v1.2.4 version, only one item was convenient. Is it possible to set the 1.3 version to only show one item?

• TehPers

In the config, you can set AdditionalLootChance and StreakAdditionalLootChance to 0 if you only want to get one item.

• mkh1588

mkh1588 Big Damn Hero

Thank you very much. This mode is really the best !!

• Redbel

Redbel Void-Bound Voyager

Is anyone having problems with angler fish? I can't seem to find him, i tried changing the value to 0.9 and 0.095 . I tried the vanilla spot and other spot. Fishing for few days with no result. Also legendary fish are not recorded in the collections even though i had previously put 1 in the box.

Edit: I am also using tego's expansion .

• TehPers

Try deleting your fish.json, then running the game. After that, look in your fish.json for an entry for "160" (in "Town"). You should have a 2% unweighted chance to find Angler in any body of water during any time of day in Fall in any weather as long as your fishing level is above 3 and you cast your line out most of the way. If you increase 0.02 to something like 50 and you still can't find it in these conditions, send me your fish.json, config.json, and error log (even if there's no "error") and I'll take a look.

• TehPers

v1.3.2 beta is out for SDV 1.2.14 and SMAPI 1.9.[insert latest beta version here].
                Changes:
                • German translations (Thanks Nova900 on Nexus!)
                • Code cleanup

• Redbel

Here you go. I noticed that for legend you needed to fish at the vanilla spot. So maybe the angler fish spot have been changed due to the interaction with tego's expansion? Glacier fish is fine though. Tried fishing around town but no angler fish. Thank you for your help!

Attached Files:

• TehPers

I'll test out your settings tomorrow in both SDV 1.11 (which you're using) and SDV 1.2 and let you know what I find. I reworked the fish randomizer in the beta build, so if that fixes the issue, I can make a patch for the SDV 1.11 version that includes the new randomizer. I'll also test it with ALL and Tego's Expansion to make sure it's not conflicting, but it looks like it's overriding fishing just fine, so I don't think it's a mod conflict.

• Redbel

I managed to fix the problem. I changed the set distance and fishing level to 1 and also uninstalled tego expansion. Even though the chance of angler was 50, it still was pretty rare. It seem to me that you need a specific cast distance on the rod to get him, but all this was tested on a very small sample size. Thanks for the mod!

• TehPers

With the official release of Stardew Valley 1.2, I have modified the description to recommend the beta version of this mod. Once I know that SDV 1.2 is stable I will start working on updates again, but for now 1.3.2-beta should be pretty stable.

I'll be looking into catch distance in the next update. It seems to be a recurring problem.

• TehPers

v1.3.3 beta is out for SDV 1.2 and SMAPI 1.10
                          Changes:
                          • Fixed default value for BaseDifficultyMult. It was originally 10%, and I reverted it to 85%. Whoops!
                          If you are updating from a previous version of the mod, either delete your config.json, or set the value of BaseDifficultyMult manually to 0.85. You're welcome to keep it at 0.1 if you prefer the easier fishing though.

• Luciferish

Luciferish Void-Bound Voyager

I am also here to report huge problems trying to get the Angler legendary. I spent Fall 2-15 focusing only on fishing: from noon til midnight, with food buff and without, with luck and without, in rain, storm and sunshine. Eventually I adjusted the settings up to 20 chance of catching it and minimum distance of 4 and still nothing. I got sick of trying, removed your mod and went to the place you're supposed to go. It bit on the 2nd attempt. Caught it after a few tries.

I had no such issues catching the Mutant Carp (2nd bite). Not tried the others yet.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                            • VinchenzoJackal

VinchenzoJackal Big Damn Hero

I've recently noticed in the vanilla game that with a fishing-skill of 10 and maximum luck its possible to get Iridium quality fish if the fish was easy or normal difficulty catches, but its impossible to get that quality with fish of very hard difficulty or higher. Also, you can only get Iridium quality hard fish if you have a maximized Fish-Skill-Boost from Food. These two things were learned using any Lure and regular Bait. I'd like for Iridium fish to be caught that are very hard, and extreme difficulty. But the only extreme difficulty fish are in the mines and legendaries.

• Spobaby

Spobaby Void-Bound Voyager

Anyone have the same problem than me? the mod looks that doesn't work in riverlands type map or it says something like switching to vanilla fish in Smapi

Screenshot of the "warn"

Attached Files:

• TehPers

Oh, doesn't look like it recognizes that you can catch fish on your farm. I'll need to fix that, but it should still work as long as you're fishing there and ignore the warnings. Basically it will just use whatever fish you'd catch there if the mod wasn't installed.

• Spobaby

Spobaby Void-Bound Voyager

Ah ok thanks, i was thinking the mod isn't loading the difficulty at all and just using the vanilla fishing, because i did try to change it from 1.0 to 0.85 even 0.01 and 0.001 an it look's the same when fishing only in the farm.

P.D: And the same happens in the forestal type map.

• Gnarly Jaspian

Gnarly Jaspian Void-Bound Voyager

Just popping in to say that i love your mod. Well done.

• Gnarly Jaspian

Gnarly Jaspian Void-Bound Voyager

Does this mod take into account the Pirate profession?

• TehPers

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy it!

It should. Here's the relevant line of code, if you're interested:
                                          Code:
                                          double treasureChance = config.TreasureChance + lastUser.LuckLevel * config.TreasureLuckLevelEffect + (rod.getBaitAttachmentIndex() == 703 ? config.TreasureBaitEffect : 0.0) + (rod.getBobberAttachmentIndex() == 693 ? config.TreasureBobberEffect : 0.0) + Game1.dailyLuck * config.TreasureDailyLuckEffect + (lastUser.professions.Contains(9) ? config.TreasureChance : 0.0) + config.TreasureStreakEffect * FishHelper.getStreak(lastUser);
                                          (It basically adds your base chance of getting treasure. So if your base chance is 15%, it'll add another 15% to your chance to get treasure.)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017