RELEASED Teh's Fishing Overhaul

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TehPers, Feb 4, 2017.

1. quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

Are you using the latest v1.2.2 of the mod when you get this error?

• TehPers

TehPers Void-Bound Voyager

What other mods do you have installed? It looks like the fishing minigame wasn't overridden. Do you have the multiplayer mod installed?

Also, what version of SDV are you on?

• ScalesofGrey

ScalesofGrey Astral Cartographer

@quirkyquark Yes. I'm using v1.2.2.

@TehPers My game is fully updated w/o beta, so 1.11?

These are the SMAPI mods I have. I did have Easier Fishing and other .xnb replacements too. But I think that's the only one that affects it.

Attached Files:

• TehPers

Thanks. A fix will be out in the next update, but I still don't know what's causing it. I'll at least make the game give you the modded loot without throwing an error though.

ScalesofGrey likes this.
          • ScalesofGrey

@TehPers Thank you~ Looking forward to it!

• ScalesofGrey

@TehPers Apologies for the double post, but I've since turn OverrideFishing back to true in config.json and the mini game and the treasure chests work again. Must that value be true in order for the minigame to be changed to yours though?

• AmyRachaelNapier

AmyRachaelNapier Void-Bound Voyager

Anything like this for Mac? I really struggle with catching fish, and I'd really like a way to make it easier.

• TehPers

OH, that explains why it was throwing an error. Thanks! Basically, when it wasn't overriding fishing, it wasn't keeping track of the distance you cast the line. The fix will assume your cast distance is 5 if you have that disabled since there's not really any way for the mod to know at that point in time.

• TehPers

Someone has tested this on Linux and said it worked, but I haven't tested it myself. SMAPI should theoretically rewrite the mod to work on Mac though, so give it a try!

• TehPers

Version 1.2.3.1 is out. It should fix the errors being thrown when OverrideFishing is false. Sadly I can't actually tell how far you cast the line if that setting is false, so that means the treasure will assume you cast it at max distance.

ScalesofGrey likes this.
                      • TehPers

Version 1.2.4 is out as well now. It caps the treasure quantity/chance/quality multiplier to values in the settings (default 3/50%/7.5x).

• chojustin

chojustin Void-Bound Voyager

So.. if I wanted all of the features for fishing like the streak but still wanted the varieties of fish to appear randomly like in vanilla, how would I go about doing that?

edit: Never mind, I just deleted the fish.json and it reverted to vanilla RNG.

I wanna know if there's a way to catch gold fish at a certain streak at, say, 3, then catch iridium fish at a certain streak-maybe at 5 or 6.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
                          • TehPers

By default, every 3 fish you catch will increase the quality of the fish by 1. So once you get a streak of 3, almost every fish (at max ranked fishing) will be gold with some silver and iridium fish, and after you hit a streak of 6, you will be catching all gold or iridium quality fish. At 9, you can only catch iridium quality fish. This value can be changed in the config under `StreakForIncreasedQuality` (every N fish in your streak will increase your quality by 1).

• chrrie

chrrie Intergalactic Tourist

I haven't had any issues with this on Mac yet!

• chojustin

chojustin Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm, I seem to only be catching the weakest of fish right now, even when I do full casts. It doesn't seem to be fishing the way vanilla was randomly fishing, the way I wanted it to.

Is there a way to revert back to vanilla fishing while keeping the streak system?

• TehPers

In your fish.json, you can try increasing the chances for the rarer fish and decreasing the chances for the common fish. Currently there is not a way for the mod to use the vanilla fish you would catch, but I'll be adding that as a config option in the next version.

chojustin likes this.
                                  • TehPers

Version 1.3-beta has been released! Note: You need SDV 1.2+ / SMAPI 1.9+ to use it! If you have bugs with it, make sure you are on the latest versions before posting them!
                                    Changes:
                                    - Individual "allowDuplicates" settings for each treasure loot entry. If the main "AllowDuplicateLoot" entry is set to false or the loot's "allowDuplicates" setting is set to false, then you can't get duplicates. When you first run the beta version of the game, all of your treasure entries will have "allowDuplicates" set to false. Either delete your treasure.json and have it regenerated, or manually fill in those settings.
                                    - The treasure/fish randomizer has been redone for (hopefully) the last time. The new randomizer is a streamlined weighted random element selector that replaces both of the algorithms I was using previously to select the treasure and fish. It should be as random as possible now, while still keeping the weights!

Edit: Any suggestions for events/mechanics/additions/config options/changes/anything at all? I might as well add them to 1.3 (if possible).

• ZCoeur

ZCoeur Void-Bound Voyager

Hi Teh~

i've got a strange beug with your mod, i'm using only one mod to fish and it's yours.
                                      i didn't change in any file.json

here the beug :

Code:
                                      [21:33:12 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                                      System.MissingMethodException: Méthode introuvable : 'StardewValley.Farmer Stard
                                      ewValley.Game1.get_player()'.
                                         at TehPers.Stardew.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.UpdateTick(Object sender, EventA
                                      rgs e)
                                         at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonit
                                      or monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args)
                                      dans D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions
                                      .cs:ligne 32
                                      [21:33:12 ERROR SMAPI] A mod failed handling the GameEvents.UpdateTick event:
                                      System.MissingMethodException: Méthode introuvable : 'StardewValley.Farmer Stard
                                      ewValley.Game1.get_player()'.
                                         at TehPers.Stardew.FishingOverhaul.ModFishing.UpdateTick(Object sender, EventA
                                      rgs e)
                                         at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.InternalExtensions.SafelyRaisePlainEvent(IMonit
                                      or monitor, String name, IEnumerable`1 handlers, Object sender, EventArgs args)
                                      dans D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Framework\InternalExtensions
                                      .cs:ligne 32

thank you :)

• TehPers

Update 1.3.1-beta is out now for anyone using SDV 1.2+ / SMAPI 1.9+. Make sure SDV and SMAPI are on the latest beta versions if you're playing the beta.
                                        - Added individual allowDuplicates config options for each loot entry. If AllowDuplicates is set to true, then the loot's allowDuplicates entry will be checked.
                                        - Changed IndestructibleTackle to TackleDestroyRate. Now you can change how fast tackle breaks. Let me know if this is working or not!
                                        - Added translation support to the mod. Currently, all languages have English text. If you'd like to create a translation, go into the mod's "Translations" folder and edit the file with the appropriate language code. You may have to switch away from and back to your language for it to appear.
                                        - Bug fixes. Catfish bug hasn't been fixed, but still not sure if it's actually a bug or just a lack of information. I'll be making changes later to make it easier to tell which fish you can catch at certain times.

Make sure you're using:
                                        - Normal: version 1.2 of the mod with SDV 1.11 and SMAPI 1.8,
                                        - Beta: version 1.3 of the mod with SDV 1.2 and SMAPI 1.9

• ZCoeur

ZCoeur Void-Bound Voyager

Yey you were right ... i was sure i downloaded 1.2.4, i guess
                                          sorry to disturb you but thank you
                                          next time i'll think twice and check current version of mod lol
                                          :)