Notice Warning Points Changes

Discussion in 'Forum Info & Announcements' started by Katzeus, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Hello everyone!

We're making a few changes to how warning points moderators issue are tabulated. Currently there are thresholds of points which can result in bans, but because each point doesn't result in a ban it makes the system unclear to moderate and sometimes results in accidental larger bans for minor warnings. To make this easier for everyone we're going to move to a system where EACH point after your first warning results in increasingly longer ban times (eventually resulting in a permaban). Points will still expire after a bit, and this doesn't mean that any of the rules or conditions for warnings are going to change - but the moderation team are all aware warning points will be more impactful.

This is the new warning points/ban structure;
    1 point - no ban
    2 points - 1 day ban
    3 points - 3 day ban
    4 points - 1 week ban
    5 points - permanent ban​

During the next couple weeks some members with pre-existing warning points may find themselves banned after a minor warning. If this happens please calmly open a thread in the ban appeal sub-forum and we'll be sure to review and correct things! We'll make sure to be accommodating in adjusting points while we transition to the new setup.

For most members these changes should be completely invisible. If there are any questions or concerns feel free to contact a member of the moderation team!

Iris Blanche, Hel, Parrotte and 2 others like this.
  2. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

Can a staff member apply multiple warning points at once?

3. Katzeus

Yup, that hasn't changed. Immediate bans can still be done if necessary.

4. Unikram

Oof, I'd rather not be the target of those ^-^

5. Need For Speed

Need For Speed Space Hobo

Кто нибудь даите ссылку на последнюю версию Starbaund

Somebody daite link to the latest version Starbaund

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2017
  6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

"Does anyone have a link to the latest version of Starbound?" I believe.

7. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

If Firebird is correct with the translation, the place you purchase Starbound should also provide the latest version.

If you are looking to buy it, here are some links:

If you are looking to pirate it, maybe reconsider posting on the Starbound forum and definitely reconsider making that post in a topic about rules and forum bans. :)

wolfboyft likes this.
  8. Unikram

Why would anyone want to pirate this game?
    These indie devs are working their buttocks off to keep their community happy and you pirate their games instead?

Soylent Green and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

Good question. I am hoping that is not the person's intent and it is only the translation that made it seem s/he was looking to just download a copy rather than buying one. Hopefully, the links help steer in the correct direction for a legit purchase.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  10. Katzeus

Please keep this thread on topic guys. If anyone wants to address these points changes I want to make sure they're not buried in another convo.

Thanks

Jonesy and Firebird Zoom like this.
  11. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Forum rules require all posts be in English, or provide a translation. I've added one for you, but you need to include one yourself from now on.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  12. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

There's one thing I think I didn't catch here though: In the event that I do get a warning point (tho I'll do my best to avoid this), do I actually get a notification or something?

13. Jonesy

Yes, you'll receive a PM explaining why.

Surenu likes this.
  14. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Thank you for the reply, guess I haven't been as bad as I thought I was. Another question: I got a verbal warning once and apologized for it, does that in any way affect future wrongdoings of mine?

15. Jonesy

Well, I'm not actually seeing any record of one, so you were probably just told off informally. If you do receive a proper 0-point warning, it might be taken into account when considering penalties of future offenses, but it depends on the circumstances. For example, if you received a verbal warning for a particular behaviour, and then another warning for the same thing, there'd likely be an escalation of the penalty.

Surenu likes this.
  16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Thanks, that cleared things up for me, I think I understand the system as a whole now. Sorry for taking your time, but some things were just either a bit convoluted or otherwise hard to understand for me, so thank you for explaining it.

17. EchoMania

EchoMania Space Hobo

Where are our points (or lack of points) displayed for us to see?

18. Jonesy

Check your profile page. If it's visible to you, it's going to be there. But otherwise, you get informed whenever you get an infraction point, so mention of how many you have already will probably be included.

19. EchoMania

EchoMania Space Hobo

I don't see it under Profile or anywhere else.

20. Jonesy

Hmm. Might only be visible to staff members. I'll have to speak to the admins, and see if it's possible to give regular users visibility of their own warning point count.