Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

oh i wanted to as
    Thanks im heavily medicated... so im feeling pretty good right now, but im also working so... that sucks and it keeps me away from building lightsabers

2. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

Get well soon.
    like he said do what you can!

3. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

should have another solid day of working on the lightsabers tomorrow and this weekend too, although i will be playing steep for the alaska update but when i break from that ill be drawing lightsabers....if you havent played steep you should because it is the best snowboarding/skiing game ive played since MTV sports Pure Ride and the cool boarders games

Daldril likes this.
  4. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Sounds good! Whenever you got the time!
    And sure, go ahead, take some time to enjoy yourself, have a bit of a break. =)

Well, thanks for the suggestion, haha. If I feel like playing a snowboarding game, now I know what to get. =P

5. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

oh its much more than that...its a sandbox game too with famous mountains from the alps slapped together in a group and free for the player to explore and ride, walk, fly, glide....whatever you want! and the visuals are breathtaking to say the least, ive got over 200 hours invested so far and i aint got no plans to stop

6. ImHereForTheMods

Hmmm, that does sound pretty good . I do like open world / sandbox games .
    Sounds pretty cool as well that you ain't forced to say, ride the board everywhere.

I can definitely understand how you got so many hours in then, haha.

7. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

just make sure you can use an controller rather than keyboard and mouse ...otherwise you will not have such an epic experience

8. ImHereForTheMods

Hah, I think that's pretty much always the case . =P

9. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

indeed it is

10. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

i do hope you will like the sounds i made for your sabers, you have a ignition sound that i made from scratch as well as the idle hum (one of the sounds i used and edited was my kitchen sink turning on, it made the perfect little burst sound followed by a hiss after) so i was like nailed it!
    and all the sounds have had their pitch changed to be more of a low tone as you requested and then cleaned and balanced to be in the same key and volume.

xaliber likes this.
  11. ImHereForTheMods

I'm sure whatever you come up with will be awesome!

That is a rather ingenious idea, to use a kitchen sink sound, haha, rather inventive too! Never would have thought of that, myself . =P
    Can't wait to see how that sounds!

Sounds good! Thanks for the update!

12. fluffyfloran

fluffyfloran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Even if this is a little late, I hope you feel better soon! Remember, taking care of yourself is the most important thing above all else. =)

13. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Take care man! Thanks for taking the requests.

14. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

twohandedredlightsabericon.png greenlightrapiericon.png twohandedredlightsabericon.png greenlightrapiericon.png netrasabericon.png unstableblade.png lightsaberblade.png rapierlightsaberblade.png
    here are some quick examples of what the blades would look like and a few hilts and animation frames

im on mobile so i cant do much as fars as gifs

ImHereForTheMods and THEKraken like this.
  15. ImHereForTheMods

16. Daldril

Daldril Subatomic Cosmonaut

kind of late to the steep talk, but yeah - totally looking forward to riding in Alaska too! only like 3 issues I have with it
    - editing the options with a controller - the cursor is painfully slow!
    - halfpipes - the board is clipping soo much, if it only bent like a board would!
    - real life - hahaha - I wish I was as good and fearless! jumping down those slopes. our resort (15min away from here) is quite small and not as steep (haha, word!) but I'm still more than not chickening out on actually going straight down and gaining too much speed. but then again, I'd call myself a beginner and things take time - like awesome lightsabres :)

17. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

18. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

19. RedArch

RedArch Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Zanderfell. Sorry to hear you've become sick. Like everyone else I hope you get better soon!

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

i can agree with those issues with steep. ive actually never been snowboarding or skiing... im in maryland, USA and there is not many snow resorts or mountains.... maybe the Appalachians but they are just big round hills really

Daldril likes this.