Modding Discussion [No longer Taking Requests] Making Custom Lightsabers for a Limited time

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Zanderfel, Jan 26, 2017.

1. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

Ok that is going to be great!

2. xaliber

xaliber Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance on making lightwhips? The hilt itself isn't too interesting but I like the idea of whip lightsaber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lightsaber pikes are nice too, though I guess you might already have that in mind...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And its trident variation...
    (it's not really practical and goes against all Star Wars lore, but it's Rule of Cool)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And maybe this is just the hilt, but I've always liked that rapier-styled lightsaber hilts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also lightsaber with unstable power crystal... the beam isn't sleek and straight, it looks cracked, frizzy, unstable. Red-colored crystal would be a nice fit. In-game I think the weapon can give a huge damage at risk of damaging yourself.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  3. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

all these are possible, i can turn the whip to a lightsaber version... i have already made a kylo ren saber with an unstable blade animation... and i also made a lightrapier for my friend where it was all stabs and alt was a huge charging thrust. anyway you asked for them before the deadline so i have an obligation to make them so ill add them to the list

xaliber likes this.
  4. THEKraken

THEKraken Void-Bound Voyager

This is my brothers one. Hope the mod comes out successful!

Attached Files:

5. Aviscerator

Aviscerator Void-Bound Voyager

Can you make animated wavy blade?

6. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

do you have an example?... my blades are usually 3pixels wide so there are limits to what i can do and still have it look nice... so if i made it curvy then it might look strange

7. ImHereForTheMods

ImHereForTheMods Cosmic Narwhal

Hello there! Just checking in, how's the avian lightsaber coming?
    I know it's probably a lot of work, so whatever you got is fine, just wondering how it's shaping up. =)
    (no pressure, really!) I know these things take time!

Feeling really excited for it! Gotta say!
    Thanks again, so much!

8. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

currently working on the pulse animation for the blade... but this is a busy week for me in my rl job so progress is slow but i should have an enormous amount of time this weekend to work on it so please bear with me

9. xaliber

Hmm... IMO I don't really favor Kylo's lightsaber because it looks a lot impractical than the trident lightsaber... it'd be lovely if you want to create a normal lightsaber with cracked beam (like we have with Starkiller's lightsaber - the guy from Force Unleashed - linked above). But I don't want to be pushy! Just do the ones that you think worth the shot.

Ah one last request - sorry! - since we're speaking of Kylo's lightsaber, I'd love to see this version of better-designed saber...

[​IMG]

It gives more protection from Kylo's, in case anyone is interested in the reasoning behind the design: http://www.latinpost.com/articles/2...flaw-lightsaber-design-contradicts-itself.htm

10. ImHereForTheMods

Hi there, no problem, I totally understand! I can wait!
    Thanks for the update! =)

11. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

ok im going to make the trident saber with an unstable blade and the whip hopefully... im concerned about making the animations for this one as i dont want to just have a replica energy whip

xaliber likes this.
  12. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

got it its on the list :) thanks

13. Aviscerator

Aviscerator Void-Bound Voyager

Imagine a keris with its blade moving like this

14. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

so far sabers will be made for the following individuals in this order

imhereforthemods- avian themed saber with lore friendly upgrading

fluffyfloran- floran themed saber with unique vine covered dragon head ignition animation and specifically requested green color

Thekraken- 3 single sabers with alternating specifically requested colors and "unique" names.. also possible vault upgrade potential and a green bladed cross-guard saber reminiscent of Klyo Ren

xaliber- saber whips, saber pikes and a request for a trident single saber with unique design and unstable blade with preference over red color

Aviscerator- 3 single sabers with a similar design to the soul reaver sword from legacy of kain, the 3 sabers will be a fast but weaker saber, a heavy slow saber and a saber that is somewhere in between

redwheat137- pending

beefjerkyxzx- requested a grandfather clock as a sword with an energy blade coming out the top... ill get to this when i can

also please be patient i will go as fast as im able and i will surely post updates on your sabers as i complete them... but know that im a perfectionist and i wont release no scrub sabers!

thank you

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    THEKraken and xaliber like this.
  15. ImHereForTheMods

Sounds good to me, and that's fine if it take a bit long, better quality than quick.
    I just have a quick question, this is the design you are using for mine, yes?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Or is it this one?
    [​IMG]

Just wondering, either is fine, I'm just a bit confused. =P

16. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

i can do both if you want... my idea was to have the double bladed be a special form you could make by crafting using two of the singles for materials

xaliber and ImHereForTheMods like this.
  17. ImHereForTheMods

Oooh, that's quite a cool idea, I never thought of that!

If you do one though, I think I like the double best. =)

Whatever you want, really, though, I'll be happy any way. =)

Thanks again!

18. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

lol ok gotcha

19. xaliber

Whops, I got the most request here. Please pardon me, I'm a Star Wars nerd. :p Thanks a lot Zanderfel!

Ninja edit:
    Sorry, as for the cracked red lightsaber, would you be doing it as normal lightsaber, or as this one?

[​IMG]

20. Zanderfel

Zanderfel Big Damn Hero

that one

xaliber likes this.