Announcement Multi Language Open Beta Available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Katzeus, Feb 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msdmsd

msdmsd Void-Bound Voyager

Hey. Start steam new and load the new beta patch. I have this problem, too. The new beta patch solved this problem with save files :D.

Kind Regards msdmsd

• benchromatic

benchromatic Master Chief

Tested it out and mostly it works great, HOWEVER the text box constantly glitches out and the background disappears when I'm watching TV and for other important text boxes around the game (not character interactions).

Also, the zoom buttons are suddenly very messed up. I zoomed out then I couldn't zoom back in. The only zoom options were 85%, 80% and 70% from what I can remember. I like to remain at a normal zoom, so these weird, inverted zooms that just don't work are very off-putting.

All of this is in the standard English version, and I am playing on a Mac OS X Sierra.

• lordmathbr

lordmathbr Void-Bound Voyager

same problem with zoom in windows 10 x64

• Kaboclodgua

Kaboclodgua Intergalactic Tourist

What is this?
          [​IMG]
          Com todo respeito, achei muito feio isso...
          Transformaram o Willy em um caipira.
          Os nomes trocados ficou nada a vê.
          Só falta mudar o nome do jogo pra Vale dos BR Caipiras.

Minha Opinião.

• tccoxon

tccoxon Procedurally Generated Programmer

We know about the zoom issues. They're going to be fixed very soon.

I'm curious about the other issues you reported with text "glitching" out and the background disappearing when you're watching TV. I can't reproduce this myself. Are you able to provide any screenshots or record a video?

• benchromatic

Sorry! Glad you guys are aware though, I know it's not helpful to have 100 people tell you the same thing so I shall try to be helpful with the text stuff:

https://gyazo.com/69c8b5b6b82fb840e3d55986c14d64f3
              http://i.imgur.com/brHHSQi.png

Maybe it has to do with me being on a Mac? I'm not sure, but there it is!

• tccoxon

Oh! That's a bug that's been around a while. It happens when the window is too small. If you try resizing the window it will go away. Zooming out might also work, once zoom is fixed.

• benchromatic

I've never had this bug before now, though. When I opt out of the beta, it goes away. My window is definitely a bit smaller but as a player of many months I can tell ya I've never ever seen it happen before! Hope that's of help.

• Hans Günther

Hans Günther Tentacle Wrangler

Ich habe mir mal das Intro und die Optionen angeschaut. Das sind so die Punkte, die meiner Meinung nach angepasst werden sollten:

Ich will, dass du diesen versiegelten Brief bekommst. --> Ich möchte, dass Du diesen versiegelten Umschlag erhältst.

Nein, nein, öffne ihn noch nicht... habe Geduld. --> Nein, nein, öffne ihn noch nicht... hab' Geduld.

Der Tag wird kommen, an dem du dich von der Last des modernen Lebens erdrückt fühlen wirst. --> Der Tag wird kommen, an dem dich das moderne Leben mit seiner Last erdrücken wird.

...und deine strahlende Seele wird vor der wachsenden Leere verblassen. --> ...und deine Persönlichkeit wird von der wachsenden Leere eingenommen.

Wenn das passiert, mein Junge, wirst du bereit für dieses Geschenk sein. --> Wenn das passiert, mein Junge, wird Du für mein Geschenk bereit sein.

Jetzt lass Opa ein Schläfchen machen --> Nun lass Opa sich ausruhen.

Ich bin Robin, die hiesige Schreinerin. Bürgermeister Lewis hat mich geschickt, um dir den Weg zu deinem neuen Zuhause zu zeigen. Er ist gerade dort und räumt ein wenig für deine Ankunft auf. --> Ich bin Robin, die ansässige Schreinerin. Bürgermeister Leis hat mich geschickt, um dir den Weg zu deinem neuen Zuhause zu zeigen. Er ist schon dort und räumt ein wenig für Deine Ankunft auf.

Der Hof ist dort drüben, folge mir einfach. --> Der Hof liegt dort drüben, folge mir einfach.

Klar, er ist ein wenig überwuchert, aber unter dem Durcheinander ist ein gutes Fundament! --> Klar, er ist ein wenig verwildert, aber unter dem Durcheinander befindet sich guter Boden.
                    Mit ein wenig Hingabe hast du das im Nu aufgeräumt. --> Mit ein wenig Fleiß hast du hier im Nu Ordnung geschaffen.

Ah, unser Neuankömmling! --> Ah, unser neuer Landwirt!

Morgen erkundest du dann am besten ein wenig die Stadt und stellst dich den anderen vor. --> Morgen gehst du am besten wenig durch die Stadt und stellst dich den anderen vor.

Hofarbeit --> Landwirtschaft; Anbau
                    Minenarbeit --> Bergbau

Zurück zum Titel --> Zurück zum Hauptmenü

Corraidhín likes this.
                    • SergeMorgue

SergeMorgue Tentacle Wrangler

Hey, tccoxon! I was wondering If I reported correctly. Can you tell me, please? So I can continue reporting in this way...

• codezero

codezero Void-Bound Voyager

Language: English/All
                        Build: 1.2.1 (current beta version)

So I've been playing with it further and find that there are 2 issues newly appeared in this version.

1. Changing resolution/window mode will cut off graphics sometimes, as shown in the attachment. change to borderless window mode crashes the game sometimes as well.

2. Zoom-in level is limited below 90%. Whenever I change the zoom-in level to 90% it jumps back to 75% (option shows 75% but the graphics is in fact 90%), further change to 95% will bring the graph to 80%, then 85% then 75% again.

I also rolled back and tried stable version, 100% zoom-in level@4k-res in all three window mode working nicely.

======
                        Resolution seems pretty buggy right now, especially in 4K

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
                        • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey everyone! I've edited the first post with some forms that make it easier for us gather your feedback and reports, but I'll post them here too. Please use them if you can!

virmint likes this.
                          • tccoxon

I saw your report, but I've been fixing technical issues first (zooming, crashing, failing to load, etc.).

I can't read portuguese, so it would be helpful to see the report in English. As well as suggested changes, it would be useful to see an explanation of why the text in the game is wrong, and why each suggestion is an improvement. :)

SergeMorgue likes this.
                            • mafi_93

mafi_93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Translation Feedback
                              Language: Spanish
                              Operating System: Windows 10
                              Build Version: v1.2.1

Loading a save:
                              - This isn't in Spanish
                              [​IMG]
                              - And this is empty (Loading message)
                              [​IMG]

We don't have anymore AM or PM? (and the new SmallFont it's soooo ugly)
                              [​IMG]

Look at these "i" and "L". I don't know how to say it...
                              [​IMG]

And the zoom bug:
                              http://image.prntscr.com/image/4253acfa1d844c1d879d3785b61e7c31.png
                              Also affects the main menu:
                              http://image.prntscr.com/image/f2dea62d2e70485487f96fa81e3e150e.png

(I haven't inserted them because they are very large)

• tccoxon

We know. We're in the process of getting it translated.

It's a 24 hour clock ;)

Fixed in the next build. I'm uploading v1.2.2 soon.

And thanks for the rest - we're looking into it!

EDIT: The font rendering issue appears to be related to the zoom issue. It should be fixed in v1.2.2 as well. If not, reply and let me know! :)

• jhon_jairo1

jhon_jairo1 Intergalactic Tourist

Is there any way to see what is updated? Modified the PC language to continue playing

• dextroD

dextroD Seal Broken

Bug Report
                                    Language: German
                                    Operating System: Mac OS 10.12 (also tested on 10.11)
                                    Build Version: 1.2.1 (Steam Version)

When I Play in fullscreen mode and it is getting dark, only a part of the screen is getting dark (rest says the same, see screen). The bug is reproducible and its happening every night and in the mines.
                                    In the stable version (tried the GOG version to compare), I don't have this bug.
                                    [​IMG]

Another bug is in the community center in the detail view of an bundle (doesn't matter which one), the X Button does not work (when you click on it). However you can exit by pressing the escape button. This bug is also reproducible.

[​IMG]

Anyway, THANKS a lot for the translation and the awesome game. Keep up the good work.

RashleyToff likes this.
                                    • MysticTempest

MysticTempest Spaceman Spiff

Crash/Bug Report
                                      Language:
                                      English/Spanish
                                      Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit - Linux

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
                                      No crash, just the wrong dialogue. The hardcoded dialogue variable for the pet's name is set to "the farm". It should instead give the pet's name.

What were you doing in the game at the time?
                                      Viewing Farm Event #897405: The scene where Marnie comes to give you a dog.
                                      Extracting the data from the farm.xnb event file we see this:
                                      "Well, %pet... You be a good pooch now... okay?"

The '%pet' part is pulling the wrong info, and just having Marnie say 'the farm'.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
                                      Yes, any time you view the pet events or later on when married, and your spouse tells you they filled the pet's water bowl.

Picture example:

TheFarmPet.png

Crash/Bug Report
                                      Language:
                                      English/Spanish
                                      Operating System: Ubuntu 14.04 64bit - Linux

What happened? Did the game crash, freeze / lock up, or just do something wrong (e.g. use the wrong character's dialogue)? What did you expect to happen here?
                                      Shader error.

I went into the tunnel by the bus stop. Anywhere dark should work though.

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time?
                                      Yes. This is very similar to the bug I reported to ConcernedApe last month.
                                      Last time; launching the game in Windowed mode, and then launching a save file also in Windowed mode with a Zoom level set to 1 caused a shader error where only half the screen was shaded.
                                      But, it had to be that unique step of launching, and staying in Windowed mode, as changing zoom level or resizing the game window of any kind would refresh the graphics and fix the issue for that game session.

This time around, you have to launch the game Full screen, then load up a save file set to Full screen(I set it to full screen in the save, but in-game it says Windowed Borderless) and a Zoom level set to 1.
                                      So, the issue is pretty much reversed from the last one. But, this time the shader covers about 3/4 of the screen.

Picture example:
                                      LinuxShaderNew.png

• aLaGuerre

aLaGuerre Tentacle Wrangler

Crash/Bug Report
                                        Language:
                                        Checked in English and Russian
                                        Operating System: Windows 7 (RU)
                                        Build Version: 1.2.1 (does not appear in 1.11.1)

What happened? Game crashed on Maru's 10 hearts cut-scene, just before starting "outside home" phase

Have you been able to trigger the bug or crash again by repeating what you did the first time? Yes.

Attached Files:

• SergeMorgue

SergeMorgue Tentacle Wrangler

Ok, let's go then! It's a pleasure to devote some time to this game!

Translation Feedback
                                          Language:
                                          Brazilian Portuguese
                                          Operating System: Windows 10

I will report some simple and important fixes to improve the overall context of the new language in the game.

Where: Intro/Grandpa's Letter
                                          What's wrong: The lines "farto vida moderna" and "Muito tempo atrás"
                                          The fix: "farto da vida moderna" and " muito tempo atrás"
                                          Why should be fixed: There is missing text in both lines. Incomplete sentence.

Where: General UI

What's wrong: The "ouros" translation for G (Gold)
                                          The fix: moedas (Example: 500 moedas)
                                          Why should be fixed: The word "ouros" doesn't combine well after numerals in our language. Sounds awkward.

Where: Pelicans Town/The Saloon

What's wrong: The Saloon's sign is "Saloon Fruta Estrelar"
                                          The fix: Taberna Fruta Estrelar
                                          Why should be fixed: It's not fully translated in the sign. Some Gus' lines have the translation and others don't.

Where: Fishing Action

What's wrong: When something get caught, the "Hit!" was translated to "Acertou!"
                                          The fix: Should be Fisgue! or Puxe!
                                          Why should be fixed: "Acertou" is completely senseless in this context. This one is a very important fix.

Where: Pierre's General Store

What's wrong: The products names "Sementes de Cove-Flor" and "Muda de damasco"
                                          The fix: Sementes de Couve-Flor and Muda de damasqueiro
                                          Why should be fixed: Wrong word and wrong translation for Apricot Tree Sapling

Where: Wood Fence Description

What's wrong: The line "Contém grama e animais"
                                          The fix: Retém grama e animais
                                          Why should be fixed: The translated sentence means "THERE IS grass and animals" wich is incorrect.

Where: End Day Overview/Leveling Up

What's wrong: The translation "Aumentado de nível" when the character Levels up.
                                          The fix: Shoud be Subiu de nível or Upou (wich is a funny term we gamers use for Leveling Up here in Brazil)
                                          Why should be fixed: Because "Aumentado de nível" looks like a google translation. It's grammatically out of context.

Where: Pierre's General Store/Caroline's Line

What's wrong: The line "Não olhe para mim, estou vermelho e suado"
                                          The fix: "Não olhe para mim, estou vermelha e suada"
                                          Why should be fixed: Adjectives are not in female gender

Where: General UI

What's wrong: Characters names
                                          The fix: Bring back their original names
                                          Why should be fixed: Personal names should never be translated in a game or anywhere. A name is a name! We totally appreciate the names chosen by Mr. Eric!

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
                                            EpicAdventure, Katzeus and blalolbla like this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.