Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apenimon

apenimon Space Hobo

i dont know where my screenshots are saving to so i cant show you but that is what i have done have also checked theres no invisible tiles in the building layer.
    i added these lines under tilesheet properties general
    @TileIndex@781@Passable T
    @TileIndex@782@Passable T
    @TileIndex@780@Passable T
    @TileIndex@779@Passable T

it kind of worked i can walkon to the first tile which is the 782 but the others still dont work does it have to do with the fact there is water in the back layer? ie under the bridge?

• apenimon

apenimon Space Hobo

not to worry seems its a problem with water tiles even if i make the 1246 tile passable has no effect so gone with a wider tile for the bridge that covers the back layer and just removed the water.
      thanks for your help though

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@apenimon Just so you know, placing a tile that has the Passable property on it in the background layer won't let you pass it, whether it is set to true or false. Don't add Passable T to background layer tiles if you want to pass them, simply remove the property. If you look further, you will see most water tiles are probably set to Passable F, while the specific one under the bridges you can pass do not have the Passable property at all on them. It's like this so you can pass over the bridges and not walk out into the water (the surrounding water tiles around the bridges are Passable F).

• tinywolves

tinywolves Seal Broken

Wait, can you add passible to building tiles, isn't this a possible solution to the flowers I wanted to be able to walk through?

• tinywolves

tinywolves Seal Broken

I see, and call it tilesheet2 or whatever right? SO I am adding a tilesheet.

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I didn't even think about that, but yes, that works.

• Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

Is it Possible to remove a tile property?
                For example, there are several tiles I want to allow spawning on, and they contain the "NoSpawn = true" property. Else, will simple setting this to false be sufficient?

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

@Starbeak87 Click the little box next to the name on the tile property you want to delete and press your Delete key to remove the property.

Starbeak87 likes this.
                  • Starbeak87

You rock, tyvm!

• Starbeak87

In case anyone was wondering, I am currently engaged in editing the farm to be less yellow, but not destroy the original look. Other texture mods I've tried out, to that end, are functional. But usually just replace all dirt with grass. I wanted something with a little bit more texture!
                      In the future, I hope to get around to doing a fairly massive overhaul on several other maps.

HopeWasHere likes this.
                      • Starbeak87

I have a couple of questions regarding properties:
                        1) Is it possible for one tile to have multiple touch actions (or click actions)?
                        ex: TouchAction ChangeIntoSwimsuit , TouchAction PoolEntrance on the same tile.
                        2) Is it possible to turn a known touch action into a click action?
                        ex: Change TouchAction ChangeIntoSwimsuit (on Back Layer) to Action ChangeIntoSwimsuit (on Building layer).

On a slightly different note. Is it possible to zoom in the Tile Picker window (bottom-right window) on tIDE? My eyes aren't what they used to be, and the tiles are hard to distinguish at that tiny size.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

1) Not without a SMAPI mod
                          2) Same as 1
                          3) Not possible to zoom unfortunately, or if it is, they hid the feature away good enough none of us have found it yet, might I suggest the windows magnifying glass? :rofl:

Starbeak87 likes this.
                          • Starbeak87

Well, thanks. Sorta sucks! But it's best to know, rather than screw around and make things crash.
                            I guess for now I'll keep switching between tIDE and photo viewer. I'll also have to dive that feature you mentioned a try.

• Ellyssa

Ellyssa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So, I was playing around with the cellar map and I resized it to give myself more space to work with. I finished the changes I wanted but now when I enter the map it is jammed into the Northwest corner instead of being centered. What would I need to change to make the map centered again?

Before resizing:
                              [​IMG]

After resizing:
                              [​IMG]

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You need to shrink the layers again, right now, while the tiles are empty, as far as the layers are concerned they still exist, so SDV takes them into account.

• Ellyssa

Ellyssa Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, so if I have added anything, like some extra rooms below and to the side, that's causing the centering to be off?

I don't know if what I just did was really a proper solution, but I added the ViewportFollowPlayer True to the map properties so it would just center on the player when they enter the area.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
                                  • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Yes, that would cause the centering to be off, centering the viewport on the player will partially circumvent the issue, but not perfectly.

• Starbeak87

From what I've learned, the camera works like this:
                                      The maximum view distance is 20 blocks in any direction from the player. So a 41 by 41 square.
                                      If the map area is less than the view distance (the 15x15 Room, for example) and assuming a ViewportFollowPlayer command has not been used. It seems that the camera automatically focuses on the center of the map.
                                      If the map area exceeds the view distance (like on the farm map), the camera centers on the player, until it reaches the edge of the map.

Now, onto some troubleshooting. Pardon the sloppy image, I'm short on time.
                                      Say, for example that there is a pre-existing 15x15 room that you want to expand. Originally, the room was centered on the screen. This is because there is no excess buildable area on the map.

After you expand it, the Camera is still static, but now the expanded room is off-center on the screen. This indicates that you have unnecessary map space outside of the room.

The simple solution is to go back in, and trim the map as small as you can around your build area.
                                      TileSheet_Grid 50x50 (map centered).png TileSheet_Grid 50x50 (map off center).png

• Starbeak87

Okay everyone. I've come across an interesting little dilemma.
                                        I've removed some of the junk behind the Farm house. For aesthetic reasons, I've left the majority of the fence intact.
                                        The problem occurs when using my Map mod for existing files. There is this damn shrub (originally from the paths layer) that doesn't despawn, and seemingly cannot be cut down. Anyone have a suggestion on how to get rid of it? or is that impossible?

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you removed it from Paths, install EntoaroxFramework and run the `ef_bushreset` command, it will remove all bushes in the game, then spawn new bushes that match the Paths blueprint.

Starbeak87 likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.