RELEASED [SMAPI] Chests Anywhere

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Pathoschild, Aug 17, 2016.

1. QbMoto

QbMoto Void-Bound Voyager

Yes that was my problem! Thank you for the quick response and the help!!! definitely appreciated!

Pathoschild likes this.
    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Version 1.8.2 is now available!

Release notes:
      • Updated to SMAPI 1.8.
      • Updated new-version check for repository changes.
      Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

Beon likes this.
      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

That's a good idea; I created a ticket to add that in a future version. Here's how it might look:
        mockup.png

I probably won't do these since it wouldn't be useful to most players, but it's easy to create a custom version that does. If you're interested, here's the source code and instructions for compiling it.

I think Stash Items To Chest does that, and it's compatible with Chests Anywhere.

• quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

That looks perfect!

Thanks! I'll look into it.

I already use Stash Items to Chest; its essential along with ChestsAnywhere and FarmAutomation to stop me from getting carpal tunnel! As a relatively recent Stardew player, I never used Smartmod but thought that it transferred items globally instead of just to the active chest. But per-chest hotkeys will solve that problem much more elegantly...

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

I use the ChestsAnywhere with the FarmAutomation too, and I had to get rid of the Stash Items because it was messing up my automation system. For example, if I have star fruit ready to go in kegs, and star fruit ready to go in the preserve jar, it will combine them. So I would rather not have it added to this mod

• Smallcorners

Smallcorners Subatomic Cosmonaut

Love this! Thank you!!

Pathoschild likes this.
              • quirkyquark

quirkyquark Phantasmal Quasar

ChestsAnywhere isn't going to add StashItems functionality...the hotkey addition means, for example, you can press Ctrl-J to directly open your Preserves Jar Chest, transfer, and then press Ctrl-K to open your Kegs Chest and transfer there.

Also, StashItems shouldn't "combine" items unless a stack of the item at the same level (silver, gold, etc.) already exists in the opened (destination) chest. Now if you have starfruit in your inventory that you want to split between both preserves and kegs, may I recommend the StackSplitX mod? Just Shift-RightClick on the starfruit in your inventory and enter the quantity to transfer to the opened chest.

• HopeWasHere

HopeWasHere Existential Complex

Yeah, I use StackSplitX, it's great :) And having it transfer to only destination chests makes it so I have to go organize everything myself anyway.

I'm glad to hear about these hotkeys and can't wait to try it out for myself :)

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Chests Anywhere 1.9-beta is now available (see attached). This version adds support for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta. This is for Stardew Valley 1.2 beta and SMAPI 1.9 only; it won't work with earlier versions. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

[Edit: download removed; see the latest version instead.]

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
                      jpsimonetti and Beon like this.
                    • jpsimonetti

jpsimonetti Void-Bound Voyager

Ah, thank you so much Pathoschild! Not just for Chests Anywhere, but for all your other mods that we use here. My wife can only play with a controller, and she wanted the beta improvements, but simply couldn't play without Chests Anywhere so this means a great deal to her. I've been checking in a few times a day for this mod to have its turn being updated. Thank you, again!

quirkyquark and Pathoschild like this.
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Bingle Dack

Bingle Dack Tentacle Wrangler

Thanks so much for this mod! It made SV vastly more enjoyable for OCDish me :D
                        Will endorse on nexusmods as well as soon as my 24h waiting period is over.

Pathoschild likes this.
                        • townkrier

townkrier Void-Bound Voyager

Had to finally retire the Extended Fridge mod I had been using because it doesn't play nice with Chests Anywhere, but chests anywhere is overall much, much better. Thanks and especially thanks for making it controller compatible (using 'RightStick' to open). Also use and love Lookup and SkipIntro. Thanks!

Pathoschild likes this.
                          • freevortex

freevortex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I updated to the 1.8 version of Chests Anywhere, and now I'm getting random crashes when I use it- probably about every 3rd or 4th in-game day. It doesn't actually CTD, just becomes unresponsive. It usually happens after I hit 'b' to open the chests, and then switch to a different chest in that menu.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Rachaelora

Rachaelora Void-Bound Voyager

I can't play without this, thank you!

• freevortex

@Pathoschild, I believe this is the pertinent section you're looking for:

[03:29:51 ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
                                Parameter name: index
                                at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
                                at StardewValley.Menus.InventoryMenu.hover(Int32 x, Int32 y, Item heldItem)
                                at StardewValley.Menus.ItemGrabMenu.performHoverAction(Int32 x, Int32 y)
                                at StardewValley.Game1.updateActiveMenu(GameTime gameTime)
                                at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
                                at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in D:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 338

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@freevortex: Can you attach your full log file? It includes some relevant information like the SMAPI/game/mod version, what other mods you have, etc.

• freevortex

@Pathoschild sure, sorry! Here you go.

Edit: So I've been trying to replicate it to figure out exactly when/why it's happening. I think this is actually a problem with the Chest Pooling mod- sorry for the confusion! I'm going to go see what I can dig up.

Thanks for the mod and for the help!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
                                      Pathoschild likes this.
                                    • D9T7

D9T7 Intergalactic Tourist

Using ChestAnywhere 1.9.1, SDV 1.2.18, SMAPI 1.10-beta.
                                      Today, I found a category named "Town", where I have never placed a chest.
                                      Tried to open the "Town" category, and SDV frozen.
                                      I placed 2 other chests(1 was enough), so I could see the coordinate or something. And here it is.

error.png

It froze again.
                                      Is there any way, just get rid of the chest from saved data or any data used by "Chest Anywhere"?
                                      or at least I could change the name of it, so I might actually see the coordinate of it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017