RELEASED JAC'd Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

There is a slight error in the SeedShop portion of the Greenhouse. Have you downloaded the latest version 1.6 from a few days ago? I believe I encountered this error and corrected it previous to uploading.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I just downloaded version 1.9b from Nexus but, ingame, it says it's version 1.9a, and I get a red error message:

[08:31:21 INFO Advanced Location Loader] Legacy Mod, version `1.9a` by Androxilogin
      [08:31:21 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Could not load shop due to unexpected error: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\AdvancedLocationLoader-v1.2.8\locations\JAC'd Greenhouse v.1.9b\SeedShop.json
      After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'items[18].id', line 79, position 3.
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.ParsePostValue()
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonTextReader.Read()
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateList(IList list, JsonReader reader, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty containerProperty, String id)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateList(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, Object existingValue, String id)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
      em Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value)
      em Entoarox.AdvancedLocationLoader.Loaders.Loader1_2.Parse(String filepath, LocationConfig1_2 config)

Note that, in SMAPI, both the Extended Greenhouse and the VIP mod appear named as "Legacy Mod" for some reason.

After that error, I also have another one, repeating itself for several lines:

[08:35:25 ERROR Advanced Location Loader] Unable to apply tile patch, tilesheet does not exist:Tile(Greenhouse@[19,13]:Buildings = `townInterior:-1`)

The game didn't crash or anything but, when I tried to interact with the mushroom barrel to purchase house upgrades, the barrel didn't disappear there were no physical changes to the greenhouse and it just started giving the "despite what you thought you saw here" message.

Attached Files:

• Androxilogin

Urg.. I most likely uploaded the wrong version to Nexus. The one at the beginning of this thread is the most recent. While working on files I tend to put random version numbers then zip them according to what is listed as. I seem to be severely failing at Nexus lately.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a bug in the greenhouse mod, remove actions should not have a tilesheet.

• Androxilogin

Another failed work-around test. :facepalm:

• BioSin

BioSin Tentacle Wrangler

This should be posted in the very front page in red letters. I had it installed correctly the first go, but couldn't for the life of me figure out why it wasn't working. Haha.

Minakie likes this.
              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I second this. Especially the red letters part. Also, it should be bold.
                #alsohadtoaskhowtoupgradexD

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

@Androxilogin This shows that you need to find a alternative way of handling the upgrades... maybe have a "creepy old guy" standing in the corner offering you the next upgrade each time? It would stand out having some guy standing around in your greenhouse :p

• Androxilogin

I actually did use the "creepy old guy" thing in my cellar mod at first. I'll try figuring out something eye-catching for next release.

Minakie and xangria like this.
                    • BioSin

BioSin Tentacle Wrangler

Once you know what to do, it's cake. Maybe have a letter sent to the house that tells you how to upgrade? Not sure if that's even possible.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I think that's involve changing the mail files, which might interfere with mods that change the same file.
                        Maybe the greenhouse could have an announcement board, similar to the one on the general store, with the instructions written on it.

• Androxilogin

Minakie's right. There is a lot that goes into the mail.xnb other modders have already played around with, it's best to leave it untouched. Maybe a self-destructing letter on the outside of the greenhouse or something to that effect. I have a habit of leaving little notes everywhere these days. :V

Minakie likes this.
                          • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I was thinking more along the lines of this:
                            [​IMG]
                            I think if I went inside my greenhouse and saw a stranger standing there I'd be right
                            back outside before the dude could blink, so the destructive note sounds a bit better.​

Androxilogin, Coolwyngs and xangria like this.
                            • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

I think a permanent note would be better. So if someone forgets how to expand it they can read the note agin.

• Androxilogin

If thae note looks that good, I say you're right!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

There is already a billboard from the Community Center on the townInterior.xnb file.
                                  You can simply make a smaller version of it and you're good to go. :)

• Androxilogin

Ah, crafty!

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can even have the billboard be your own "mental note" board, so like "There is a note here you made about getting robin to upgrade your greenhouse some once you can afford it, should you give her a call to do the upgrade now?" as the flavor text :rofl:

• Androxilogin

Also a good plan! I wanted to add notes about which crops are in season at some point too. I've just been soo busy with new ideas I'll have to come back to this. As long as it's functioning correctly, that is.

Minakie likes this.
                                        • Sable19

Sable19 Void-Bound Voyager

I've been wanting this forever and I finally got it working. But now, when I go in, it's just a black screen. In order for me to to get into a room I have to purchase an upgrade and go through the side door. If I try to walk out the front door it just takes me back outside. It's annoying but everything else works fine. I bought all the upgrades and was able to get around, but I still enter on a black screen. Was just wondering what I did wrong or if there was another file it would interfere with to cause this.

Edit: I forgot to say, there were no errors showing in my log. Also, I had it working before just fine, but when I took out the other information for another greenhouse mod and went back to the original files is when this started happening.

upload_2017-2-1_16-52-24.png