RELEASED Instant Fishing Mod

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by aurnj, Jan 12, 2017.

1. aurnj

aurnj Astral Cartographer

DOWNLOAD (1.0)
    DOWNLOAD (1.1)
    DOWNLOAD (1.2)
    DOWNLOAD(1.3)

Every time a fish nibbles on your line, it will automatically be reeled in and replaced with a random fish of gold star quality along with a treasure chest.

1.1:
    - Fish can only be caught in their respective seasons.

1.2:
    - Reduced catch rates for legendaries
    - Mutant Carp can now only be caught in the sewers
    - Void Salmon, Woodskip, and Slimejack are now fishable

1.3:
    - Fixed a bug where the game would randomly crash upon fishing a certain fish.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
      Yoseiri and springacres like this.
    • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

beautiful hacks

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you! My hand-eye coordination is not the greatest, so I was actually having trouble with even the Super Easier Fishing XNB. (And I normally hate using hacks or cheats during my first playthrough) Haven't tried this one yet, but I know I will appreciate it!

• aurnj

Thanks! <3

• springacres

FYI, you might want to tweak the rates for rares and legendaries, or at least check the rates for woodskips. I've gotten multiple anglerfish, legends, crimsonfish and glacierfish, several sandfish (despite not having unlocked the desert yet)... but not one woodskip, even after I got into the Secret Forest. I love the easy money and fishing levels, but if there's a way you could adjust the spawn rates or have the mod check for which fish are supposed to be showing up where, when and how often, I'd appreciate it.

• aurnj

I'll look into that later, kinda busy with exams and all. Thanks for the feedback!

• springacres

You're welcome. It's probably just the woodskip percentage that needs to be tweaked, since that's the only location-specific fish I have not gotten. And no rush, exams and real life things like that always come first!

In the meantime, I guess it's back to Super Easier Fishing for me until I catch a darned woodskip - that's the last fish I need to complete the Community Center fish tank.

• discordkitty

discordkitty Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you so much for this mod, I've caught all of two fish and even with the super easy fishing mod, I've been struggling with keeping the little green icon on the fish. I don't know if it's my mouse or what, but it's very frustrating in a game I otherwise enjoy. I was actually poking around google to see if I could mod the super easy mod for myself to make it even easier and found this thread. You rock!

springacres likes this.
                  • Fyn

Fyn Pangalactic Porcupine

This is pretty nice, but I wish it would catch fish and stick to the regular limits. (Like only in winter, fall, rain, etc.)

Catching legendaries constantly is really unnerving.

springacres likes this.
                    • springacres

I also have to agree with this. I hope the author finds time to make a more lore-friendly version of this mod.

• aurnj

Exams are over, I'll see what I can do.

springacres likes this.
                        • Fyn

I will love you forever if you manage it. Being able to skip the terrible fishing minigame but not worry about catching random fish (and only the ones that should be catchable) would be amazing.

And if you do figure it out and make an alternate version where you always catch a treasure chest, even better. xD

• aurnj

The fish will only be caught in their respective seasons now. Also, it should always catch a treasure chest already, shouldn't it? I never tested v1.1.

• springacres

I can confirm that v1.0 always catches a treasure chest. *runs off to test new version*

Edit: v1.1 also always catches a treasure chest.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
                              • Fyn

Does 1.1 remove the legendaries being caught in random water?

It says in respective seasons, but not sure if that means you changed it so it obeys Rain/Sun requirements, positional requirements (for legendaries, etc.) or just season. xD

And to note, in 1.0, you couldn't catch the 2 new fish added in Stardew 1.1, nor the Woodskip.

• springacres

I don't think so. I was able to catch mutant carp on my farm lake using the standard farm layout.

• Fyn

Yea, that was one of the biggest issues for me (and I assume you as well), so hopefully he can fix that?

• springacres

Yeah, it was for me too, although my issue was more not being able to catch the Woodskip at all with this mod.

• aurnj

The two new fish and the woodskip are now fishable. I've only added location-specific catching for one legendary, the Mutant Carp. I plan on adding location-specific catching for the other legendary fish later on, when I'm free. Also, legendaries should be much harder to catch (~1%).

• Fyn

I shall await the change to location specific for the legendaries then. ^_^ Thanks for all the work you've done so far! :D

aurnj likes this.