Tool [All versions][Win/Linux] ModPackHelper

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dolan, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Awbawlisk

Awbawlisk Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]

There is the error message right there. I have no idea whats causing it <_>

2. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Yen symbol instead of backslashes is a bit strange... Could you copy/paste here what's inside ModPackHelper.log ?

3. Awbawlisk

Awbawlisk Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah... That's the thing... Even doing EXACTLY what you told me to, it STILL didn't give me a log. Those Yen symbols instead of backslashes is mainly because my system's language atm is in Japanese Locale. There is no way this can be the cause of my troubles because even if it's a Yen symbol instead of a backslash, it is still counted as if it were STILL a backslash O_O

4. Dolan

When does this message come up ? Could you describe the steps you are doing ?
    Is anything else shown before those 2 messages ? (My tool would show some headers at first, bat version, release date, etc...)
    Could you also try this command line to see if unpacking assets is working ?
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_unpacker.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\packed.pak" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\_unpacked"

5. The Shamrock Sub

The Shamrock Sub Space Spelunker

Hello Mr. Dolan sir! I seem to be having the exact same issue as Awbawlisk, is there any news on a fix for this?

6. lbnyoshi

lbnyoshi Void-Bound Voyager

im trying to unpack assets but when i enter 0 the cmd just closes

7. adamaug

adamaug Space Hobo

Dolan the client closes less then a second when I type 0 and hit enter, If you know a fix to this or another way of unpacking plz tell me!

8. Alvin Wu

Alvin Wu Poptop Tamer

Mr Dolan pleas update it so that its compatible with starbound 1.2

9. Fireford

Fireford Space Spelunker

Hey guys can you help me please ? When I put "0" to unpack the assets the window completly shut-down and do nothing (Windows 10/64 bits)

Like that :

1) Choose action

0] Unpack the assets
    1] Pack mods
    2] Unpack mods

And the Windows shut

10. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Same goes for me, want to modly so bad but he dont even response...

11. EnderMImi

EnderMImi Void-Bound Voyager

i keep getting this file named ModPackHelper with this written on it :

Sat 01/28/2017 22:51:07.52
    Unpacking assets to C:\Users\Noxain\Desktop\Starbound\assets\_unpacked
    Please wait... (It could take a while)
    Exception caught: (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached.
    [0] b44e7a
    [1] b43c98
    [2] b28ad5
    [3] b2ea7e
    [4] b29f3c
    [5] b462bb
    [6] b08f5c
    [7] b4aabc
    [8] 773233ca BaseThreadInitThunk
    [9] 77e69ed2 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    [10] 77e69ea5 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
    Assets successfuly unpacked to "C:\Users\Noxain\Desktop\Starbound\assets\_unpacked"

12. Dolan

Seems this error is much more relative to the "starbound_unpacker.exe" than to my tool.
    My tool only simplifying, with choices, the commands you would have to do to pack/unpack Starbound mods

Looking to your error message forward to some pages :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/4v2zte/exception_caught_in_client_mainloop/
    http://community.playstarbound.com/...d-full-buffer-in-readfull-eof-reached.126868/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/comments/4vi415/error_troubleshooting_exception_caught_in_client/

Maybe you should try to check file integrity of your game through Steam.

13. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Unfortunately Starbound has went through some format changes for the packed files. The newest unpacker cannot handle older formats(something the devs SHOULD address). It could check the format, and if not current then check for older formats...

Well since that isn't the case, I do have an idea. You could add (renamed) older unpacker executables. The batch/sh files won't attempt to use them unless it gets an error return while trying starbound_unpacker.exe
    Now I used to be rather good with batch files but I've probably forgotten much of it(GUI addiction). Looking at your most recent batch file you could adapt it like this.
    Code:
            set %errorlevel% = 0
            call "%asset_tools_folder%asset_unpacker.exe" "%starbound_mods_folder%!mods_selected[%%i]!.%modpak_ext%" "%starbound_mods_folder%!mods_selected[%%i]!" >> "%log_file%" 2>&1
            if not %errorlevel% > 0 (goto :end)
            else (set %errorlevel% = 0)
            call "%asset_tools_folder%asset_unpacker_PG.exe" "%starbound_mods_folder%!mods_selected[%%i]!.%modpak_ext%" "%starbound_mods_folder%!mods_selected[%%i]!" >> "%log_file%" 2>&1

etc

Failure in the most recent of executables leads to attempts to use the next oldest available. It tries them all in order until either
    1. success
    2. all available versions have failed

14. MBatt9011

MBatt9011 Void-Bound Voyager

trying to pack a file now, it finds the files but simply closes after selecting to pack the mod instead of packing it

15. HuggableCreep

HuggableCreep Big Damn Hero

for me chosing option 1 "pack mods" gives me the error: "no mods to pack" .... no idea why i cant pack my mods to be honest and there is no log file to be seen

16. TR-219

TR-219 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't appear to be able to unpack a file, for editing racial descriptions. It doesn't seem to be registering the folders within the star bound mods folder, despite the executable is sitting right next to it, display wise.

17. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

Will this be updated for 1.3? for the new files and such? because the latest version won't unpack the assets for me.

18. Zach_Attack

Zach_Attack Pangalactic Porcupine

This isn't working for me anymore... Whenever I try to unpak anything it just closes...+

19. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Tried using this tool. I figured it would be my savior, because typing it into the command window seems to not work anymore, and putting the same line into a batch file also does not work. Unfortunately, I am having the same issues everyone else is having, but I managed to copy and paste the command window text before it closed;

#######################################
    #### ModPackHelper v0.11 By Dolan #####
    #### Starbound 1.0 compatibility #####
    ############# 2016-10-23 ##############
    ##### Using Win32 asset_packer ########

Choose action ?
    0] Unpack the assets (To start modding)
    1] Pack mods
    2] Unpack mods

Choice : 0

\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\assets\_unpacked was unexpected at this time.

I even made a folder called "_unpacked" so it would have nothing to complain about.

Please help. I am stuck with nothing in the way of unpacking (Steam does packing, but not unpacking).

20. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, it's been an awful long time since I posted my status on packing and unpacking issues, but I made it work! I recommend a batch file structured like this:
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\win32\asset_packer.exe" "<location of mod EXACTLY>" "<location of where you want the pak file EXACTLY>"

and save that as packmod.bat or whatever you want to name it, but include the .bat file type. Notepad can create batch files, so your okay to use that for making batch files.

And, I don't know if anyone ever told you, but .modinfo files are out-of-date. Use .metadata or _metadata or the game won't read it.

If that doesn't work, try copying the win32 folder and your mod to an external storage device and change the batch file paths respectively.