Tool SMAPI: Stardew Modding API

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ClxS, Mar 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Hi @sholeh.as. SMAPI and a few mods check for updates when the game starts. Those update checks will fail and show errors in the console if you're offline, but SMAPI and the game will still work fine. We'll improve that in future versions, but for now you can just ignore those errors. :)

• sholeh.as

sholeh.as Space Hobo

@Pathoschild Oh I see, it seems Im not use the mod for a while in offline mode.
      Thanks for the effort to update SMAPI, hopefully it fix really soon :kitten::kitten2:

• danielatv

danielatv Void-Bound Voyager

i think the solution is to remove all the mods that you have in the mod folder, it worked for me

• owlsomniac

owlsomniac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting a similar error to some users here. Going to try the .NET method installing latest version. Will let you know if it works!
          Here was my error message for reference, just in case it ends up being something else.
          [​IMG]

Well, updating did the trick! Thanks to those who provided the solution some posts above c:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
          • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Can you try this version? Same test: you should now see a file named StardewModdingAPI.config.json in the game folder; inside that file, change "CheckForUpdates": true to "CheckForUpdates": false. Does that make any difference?

[edit: download removed, see the latest version instead]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
            • nirasa1957

nirasa1957 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, it's file create. But no, it doesn't work. This installation don't create file StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 = I can't play SV (It is just on Windows, but it doesn't linux). I completelly old installation clean. Then I install a new one.

Edit: But SMAPI 1.5 also don't create file StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 :-( I use this file from 1.3???I do not remember this. It's work.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Once you install SMAPI, just use the StardewValley shortcut, SMAPI replaces it.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957:
                  1. Did you install by running mono install.exe?
                  2. Are you running the StardewValley launcher (the file with no extension)? You shouldn't need to run StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 directly.

• nirasa1957

1. Yes, so I install all the time.
                    2. The file StardewValley whith no extension = it don't work (in the terminal). I have to double click on the file to the StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 directly.

You explain it to me please, I do not understand what you mean. StardewValley I bought through steam. I speak very bad English, sorry.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 if you open a terminal in the game folder and run "./StardewValley", does it work? Can you paste its output here?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
                      • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 try this:
                        1. Install the attached version.
                        2. Open a terminal in the game folder.
                        3. Run "./StardewValley".
                        4. Wait a minute.
                        Questions:
                        • Does the game work when launched this way?
                        • Please attach the terminal output to your reply.
                        • This should create a file called "launch-log.txt" in the game folder. Please attach this too.
                        [edit: download removed, see the latest version instead]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
                        • nirasa1957

YES, it's work!!! Hurrah!!! :-D But via Steam = no.
                          I attach two files.

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 getting closer! Try this:
                            1. Delete the launch-log.txt file.
                            2. Launch the game through Steam.
                            3. Wait a minute.
                            Did this create a new launch-log.txt file? If so, please attach the file.

• nirasa1957

OK

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Install the windows version, instead of the unix version.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

@nirasa1957 Can you install this version, launch the game through Steam again, and then send me the new launch-log.txt?

Attached Files:

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

SMAPI 1.6 beta is now available. This is a preview of the upcoming release, which I'll publish soon if nothing comes up in the beta.

Release highlights:
                                    • Added three events for modders: SaveEvents.BeforeSave, .AfterSave, and .AfterLoad.
                                    • Added console commands to open the game/data folder.
                                    • Fixed config.json values being duplicated in some cases.
                                    • Fixed some Linux users not being able to launch SMAPI from Steam.
                                    • Various other fixes and improvements listed in the release notes.
                                    To try the beta, follow the using mods guide using the attached release. Feedback, suggestions, and bug reports are welcome here. :)

[Edit: download removed, see the latest release instead]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
                                    • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

foghorn likes this.
                                    • nirasa1957

OK.
                                      StardewModdingAPI.bin.x86_64 file is already created.

Attached Files:

• littleraskol

littleraskol Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to ask of this has been addressed elsewhere, but I am really confused by the "Reference the Pathoschild.Stardew.ModBuildConfig NuGet package" step now that I'm making a new mod with it. I install the package but it doesn't show up in my references, nor can I find it to add. When I manage NuGet packages it shows up as installed to my project, though. However all the references the migration guide tells me to remove (Microsoft.Xna.*, MonoGame, Stardew Valley, StardewModdingAPI, and xTile) show up. Is this normal or am I missing something?

This description of my problem might not be clear, sorry. I'm just thoroughly lost here.

Thread Status:
                                        Not open for further replies.