RELEASED Extended Cellar

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Aha! Lol. Change your manifests, people! Haha. Thank you for clarifying. I just thought it was somehow forgotten in the update.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Hahaha, with my ADD I would never have spotted that. xD

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

Yep, that fixes the problem entirely.

• Androxilogin

Hooray for seasonal cellar produce finally!

• TenkoKuugen

TenkoKuugen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You mean season-free cellar produce. (Since it was seasonal before)

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Who cares, you can now plant crops in the cellar and not have them die on you... at least... they shouldnt (I had to do some pretty cheaty black magic to trick the game into letting this happen, and I might have overlooked a check somewhere after all)

• TenkoKuugen

The only checks I witnessed as missing are:
                You cannot plants crops out of season
                You can't plant fruit trees (technically not a greenhouse limitation but related to the whitelist, but since the greenhouse is whitelisted...)
                Soil still turns white in winter

One of them is cosmetic only (winter soil), the other is a little annoying.

But:
                Crops keep producing out of season
                Crops do not die off during season change
                Forage items grown from seeds also grow properly out of season and survive the season change if you don't harvest them.
                Crops also do not die during year change (I tested it)

• ShneekeyTheLost

Yanno... I can think of a slightly less hackey way to get this to work...

You're already using ALL to move around, right? Can ALL move you into a completely different building? And THAT building have the 'greenhouse' property? Basically, in the back-end of the code, you are registering two buildings, CellarExtended and CellarGreenhouse. The CellarExtended building is everything but the place you want to plant stuff in. Basically, everywhere you want to put casks (since that's kinda the whole point of the cellar property). CellarGreenhouse on the other hand, is a completely different building, this one with the 'Greenhouse' property instead of 'Cellar'. It's just that to get to CellarGreenhouse, you have to go through CellarExtended to get there.

Would that work?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

That is already what happens :p
                    Thank you for reporting those issues, I will see if I cant find a way to fix them, but it might be a difficult one since I have to dig quite deep into stardew code to fix these things :)

• TenkoKuugen

I liked the idea that you can't plant out of season but can keep your stuff once planted. That makes the area just ever so slightly worse than the greenhouse. I am far more interested in whether something like a "Farm" location type is viable to plant fruit trees somewhere else. Or does the whitelist literally check location IDs for that?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Let me look at how tree planting is handled and I will get back to you on it :)

Edit: Annoyingly, CA does a `is Farm || Name equals "Greenhouse"` check here, custom farm-like areas are handled using a flag called `isFarm` that can be applied to any type of GameLocation to allow crops to grow somewhere....
                        I will see about making it so Sapling objects can be planted in any GameLocation that has the `isFarm` flag set to true, (For ALL modders, this is equivalent to the `Farmable` flag in your manifest), I will also see about allowing seeds to be planted at any time inside of Greenhouse type locations, but not anywhere else.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
                        • ShneekeyTheLost

How does one spend money to upgrade one's cellar? Robin doesn't seem interested in upgrading my house any further.

EDIT: nevermind, I figured it out. Talk to the barrels

EDIT REDUX: Okay, there does seem to be a bug. I talked to the barrels, I expanded the place. I come back the next day, it has been un-expanded, and the barrel says 'Despite what you thought you saw, there does not seem to be anything here'

Edit the Third: Okay, I think I know what is going on. When you exit the game and come back to it, the xnb file goes back to the default. Then, after a day goes by, it realizes that you've got a whole bunch more areas and changes to accommodate that. Then you save and quit, and come back, and it's back to the default.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
                          • TenkoKuugen

A really hacky way around this would be to override the fruit tree code via SMAPI if that is doable. Funnily enough, even if a map is not set as "isFarm", you can still grow crops there in some cases. This is speculation on my experience and looking at map code, but as long as the area is basically a subset of the farm it should work. I saw this with the farmcave and slime hutches that have their map changed to the vanilla greenhouse. Since it works with the slime hutch (although customized sprinklers don't work there, they revert to vanilla state for some reason) I assume it will work with all buildings, leading me to my theory of farm-subset areas being "okay" for crops growing, but not for tree planting. So tree planting has a more specific check than crop planting.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ok, that looks like a ALL issue, I will look into it....

• KikyoMoon

KikyoMoon Void-Bound Voyager

This looks very cool. I wish this could be for the xbox version too.

• Androxilogin

I'm not sure how files are on the new console but hearing Fallout 4 was going to have mods was a surprise to me.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

It seems that I'm the only person who has invisible barrels xD

• Auralen33

Auralen33 Space Spelunker

omg I love it!!!

• ShneekeyTheLost

Did you get a chance to look into this yet?
                                        The XBOX version of FO4 can use the GECK because it's basically running Windows already, just a stripped-down and dedicated one (with fewer security updates and no antivirus... hence one of several reasons why I don't like them). It was PS4 release version that was the problem. Even now, the types of mods you can get on the PS4 are far more primitive than you can get on PC/XB.

I foresee a similar issue here. Xbox should be able to handle SMAPI/Farmhand. PS4? Not so sure about that. However, since PS3 was basically an Ubuntu box... the fact that Linux support was built into SMAPI and Farmhand may mean that, unlike for FO4, the mods may actually work just fine on the PS4 version.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I have not managed to isolate the problem yet, it has proven annoying to debug...

The real problem with mods is that neither platform likes it when unrestricted code is running, let alone a hijacker like what SMAPI essentially is.