Dev Blog Starbound 1.2.1 Changelog

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 21, 2016.

1. SKRIBBZ

SKRIBBZ Space Hobo

PLEASE HELP! Please try and implement a multi-core option, i have a octo core processor, so the game runs like crap (because its a single core game). I know game development is hard, but please can you do this for little ol' me? Thank you so much in advance. :D

2. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

@SKRIBBZ: Could you define "like crap" please? Because I've got a quadcore that's a few years old now and it runs fine.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

6-core here, and mine runs fine.

4. Vertelan

Vertelan Void-Bound Voyager

I tried all of the framerate tips except the atlas option in the config file. I opened the config file and I can't seem to find the string. Do I need to add it completely from scratch? Thank you in advance for any help.

5. FabiGamer

FabiGamer Void-Bound Voyager

Please for the love of god fix the terraformers. I wanted to build a rather small version of Laputa "Castle in the Sky", so of course I wanted everything to be overgrown, so I placed a microformer because terraformers dont work above surface... and THIS IS WHAT HAPPENDD: http://puu.sh/t7EHF/bcd680a42c.jpg . Please, fix this Issue with microformers acting out abouve surfave level... It just "eats" everything from normal surface level to space http://puu.sh/t7ETl/52c6f58d9b.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  6. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Whatever you did there is amazing.

7. Scifres

Scifres Void-Bound Voyager

The Vault Key to the Ancient Vault did not work i made 3 keys and tried it at 2 Ancient Gateway and all it did was take me back to the Outpost

8. DragonsForce

DragonsForce Weight of the Sky

You need to use the Gateways floating in space, not the ones on planets.

9. Scifres

I did

10. DragonsForce

That's weird. How old is the save? Did you aktivate those Gateways with core fragments?

11. Scifres

It was right before 1.2 and no i did not use core fragments that two gates

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  12. DragonsForce

That's really weird. I'd suggest creating a bug report if you have not already and if there is none with the same topic: http://community.playstarbound.com/forums/support/

13. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Weird. Uninstalling all my mods and then... installing them all again seemed to resolve most of my (extreme) lag problems. FPS is no longer in the 1—2 range, now in the 25—30 range that it was in before. Still taking up to 200% of my CPU though.

14. mstriker

mstriker Void-Bound Voyager

great job guys, im glad to see you are still updatng this great game, and id like to see more updates like this.

15. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Why are you asking about 1.3 in the 1.2.1 changelog?

16. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Parsec Taste Tester

oh sorry i thought it was 1.3