RELEASED [SMAPI] Get Dressed

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Jinxiewinxie, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Glitchesarecool

Glitchesarecool Space Hobo

Hello, we're trying to get this mod working through SMAPI. House is upgraded, and we understand that is an issue for physically finding the dresser, but pressing C does nothing. SMAPI is indicating that it's loading the mod, and it's the only mod we're using on the game right now. There's no real errors we can report other than it just doesn't seem to be active. Any ideas or clarifications to try and solve this problem?

Steam, Windows 10.

Edit: Now pressing C seems to briefly pop something up, but it's for like a flash of a second. Command console says "error, could not find accessories or menu textures file."

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
      Zalkyria likes this.
    • NatsumeAshikaga

NatsumeAshikaga Void-Bound Voyager

I'm not sure how to add dependencies on Mac. I know if it were a Linux flavor adding you'd do it by adding a repository and installing the appropriate package... OS X though? I haven't the foggiest clue.

Make sure that the mod is here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods as that is where SMAPI needs mods to be located. Also make sure the mod is in it's own folder so you'd have C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\GetDressed as the location containing the mod.

Also Advize updated the mod, Get Dressed 3.2 is compatible with the new house upgrade.

• Glitchesarecool

We have everything as you say, but nothing is happening. Now pressing C seems to briefly pop something up, but it's for like a flash of a second. Command console says "error, could not find accessories or menu textures file." We are using the version from Nexus downloaded just an hour ago.

Zalkyria likes this.
        • NatsumeAshikaga

I'm not exactly what the issue might exactly be, so could you post your SMAPI error log as an attachment? Just follow the instructions here: http://canimod.com/guides/smapi-faq#where-is-my-error-log-and-how-do-i-share-it

• Glitchesarecool

Here you are.

Attached Files:

• NatsumeAshikaga

It looks like one of two things, either some of the overrides are missing, or SMAPI is being directed to the wrong path. So do the following:

First: Look in your GetDressed\Overrides folder and make sure that both the female_faces.png and menuTextures.xnb are present in the folder. If they're not there, then extract the Get Dressed 3.2-331-3-2.zip file somewhere other than in the Stardew Valley\Mods folder. Your desktop is a fine place for this. Then open the Get Dressed folder you just extracted and manually copy the files and paste them into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\GetDressed\overrides folder. You'll need administrator privileges to do this.

If this doesn't work then it's because the target folder is actually this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\overrides\overrides\

Second: If you're still experiencing crashes after the first suggested solution, then do this: Create a folder named 'overrides' (without the inverted commas) in this location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\ then copy the overrides folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\GetDressed\ and paste it into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\overrides\ folder that you just created. This will give you the a folder path that looks like this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Mods\overrides\overrides\ which is where SMAPI seems to be looking for the relevant files.

I hope this helps.

• Glitchesarecool

female_faces and menuTextures.xnb are definitely there. When I nest another Overrides folder, it doesn't seem to do anything. Same error.

I appreciate how much you're helping with this.

• NatsumeAshikaga

Well I'm not sure what version of Windows Advize and others who aren't having this issue are running. It maybe that the cross compatibility for 3.2 update broke something, if that's the case you might want to try old version, Get Dressed 3.1, which is specifically coded for windows.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I seem to have run into a problem during events regarding this mod.
                    Do you have any idea what could be causing it and if there is any troubleshooting step that I could try in order to fix it?

• maxiner

maxiner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ok So. hi another bug.
                      i own a mac and i've been running into issues where the game freezes every time i try to edit my farmer's nose, pants... pretty much everything on the right side of the menu? i can change hairstyles, shirts, and accessories just fine but the minute i click on the nose the game crashes. either it's too much for my game to handle or it's something else idk

here's the recent log--

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Does the error occur if you use the terminal and do `mono StardewModdingAPI.exe` in the stardew install directory?

• maxiner

the game crashes when i do that, i got an error message on terminal.
                          i didn't know you could open the game throught terminal lmao i've just been doing it normally through my desktop, the other mods i have still load up

and then the left == right thing continues on for a bit

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

I am afraid that this issue has gone beyond my knowledge of things... :(

• chipwytch

chipwytch Seal Broken

Try going to the directory containing the game files (not the Saves):

~/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Stardew Valley/Contents/MacOS

... and running this from the terminal to create a symbolic link to the libgdiplus file:

ln -s /Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/lib/libgdiplus.dylib .

This solved the problem for me (Mac OS X El Capitan, SMAPI 1.5). I found the suggestion here: https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22140

Not sure why SMAPI can't find the libgdiplus files from the most current mono release, but it's a notoriously tricky library, so there may have been some recent change.

Advize, Hoosha and pandamime like this.
                              • maxiner

thank u and uh. how do i create a symbolic link i've never done this before lmao

edit; i tried copy and pasting what you had down and it? it just tells me the file exists

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
                                • Svanhild

Svanhild Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lovely mod, But is there any way to disable only the face/nose options? So the mod doesn't conflict with monster/anthro farmer mods, turning the player into human.

• Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

You might have to manually combine the sprite sheets of the monster anthro with the skirts.

• Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

Honey, I swear nothing happened between Penny and I at the pool...

My wife Haley occasionally walks through your dresser, and stands in the wall for a few hours. I do have a schedules mod in my game so I know that one of the lines is causing her to go there, but shouldn't she not be able to pass through it in the first place?

Any way to make it so NPC's cannot walk through the dresser?

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I have seen screenshots of the vanilla dog sleeping behind a painting on a wall so... in this game, you never know xD

• LeonBlade

LeonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Try replacing the System.Drawing.dll from your Stardew Valley folder with the one from "/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Libraries/mono/4.5".