TV/Film Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crossfang, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ArcanaZero

ArcanaZero Tentacle Wrangler

Oh, sweet. The genres I usually watch are sci-fi and fantasy, though i'll partake in just about any genre. My two favorite anime are Trigun and Cowboy Bebop, and the series I've watched most recently are Steins;Gate, Mushi-Shi, and Space Dandy, if that helps narrow things down.

Inf_Wolf14 likes this.
  2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Sci-fi/Fantasy, eh? Do you swing towards unorthodox? If so, I can recommend Psycho Pass. It leans into those genres, but it has quite a bit of dark tones that, in my opinion, make it stand apart.

Also, Accel World has a futuristic setting. It's a lot lighter

Otherwise, there's Guilty Crown. Also leaning into sci-fi. Has a larger romance emphasis, but also features some good fights and... rather interesting character development.

3. ArcanaZero

I've actually seen season 1 of Psycho Pass. I liked it a lot and still do, but I never watched all of season 2 for spoilery reasons. I've heard of Accel World, and I'll add it to my list, if it isn't already there. And, I've seen the first couple episodes of Guilty Crown, but I never really got into it. Though, i'll give it another chance.

4. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

While it may not technically be considered an anime, I'd recommend RWBY.

5. ArcanaZero

That's been on my list for a while now and has been highly recommended, but I've been procrastinating watching it like I do everything else.

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

However, Volume 4 has been terrible with the pacing, as there are now more world-building episodes than actual episodes right now.

7. ArcanaZero

Fair enough. I hope things start to balance out, in terms of pacing.

8. Inf_Wolf14

I consider it an anime. It's better than many I've watched. Therefore, it qualifies. :p
    I think it took a better turn. At least, it has a heavier story. To be honest, I'm more interested in where it's been headed than the last 3 seasons.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  9. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Out of morbid curioustiy, is it actually hentai or...?

I was gonna say I have no idea BUT! Yall should check out sweetness and lightning because it's adorable. Also there's bananya but that one's really odd.

10. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Somewhere in between.

Recommendations eh...

Overlord is good... it's like the opposite of SAO... but even better.

Re Zero was a splendid anime, it'll twist your emotions fast. (prepare some tissues)

Terraformars is also good, although season 2's animation style was changed into less gory style.

11. Inf_Wolf14

Well, it is a harem anime...
    It is also suggestive of incest in a way...

But its also a comedy, so that might be the point they were trying to drive home...

12. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Most ecchi genre has comedy in them..so yeah.

13. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

14. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Agreed.

I hope there will be another season.

15. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

No yeah, Re:Zero was uh... It hit me pretty hard.

Hell yes! Durarara!! is best anime.

Ok so just finished Toradora. Admittedly maybe I shouldn't have watched the whole series so fast because now my poor heart is in pieces all over the floor. Or something like that. Anyway, here's a few thoughts. Spoilers though, in case you haven't seen an anime that's been around for a while. Anyway...

So basically, yeah a lot of character development happened. The one that bugged me the most though was Ami because I feel like her character didn't really develop at all until the very last episode. There was also some heart-wrenching stuff in there, but it was mostly totally adorable. Also there was the part where all of 2-C became Tumblr and started shipping people. Also I'm kind of sad that the nerd kid with the spiky hair and the glasses never ended up going out with the redhead. And lastly, I wasn't a big fan of the ending, it rubbed me the wrong way a little bit, but I don understand what it meant for Taiga and I appreciate it.

16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Very good taste. I have to admit, I marathoned it when I saw it the first time :D there's also a PSP game out there if you're interested.

17. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

The manga has one more 'season left'
    It's called Durarara!! SH
    "Snake Hands"
    Adding hands to a snake is useless,
    However, you might make the snake a dragon.

I don't really know if they're gonna make a new season for Durarara!!.

18. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I'm glad that you liked Toradora. . The ending for me is fitting.. also, Not every character should be expected to develop in some stories.

I'm not really a manga guy but on the other hand, that gives me hope for a new season.

19. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

The cool thing about Toradora was that every character got plenty development and
    not all got a happy end
    . The PSP game is cool to play, but it's not entirely canon for me.

20. Rgbunpro

Rgbunpro Cosmos Killer

Having finished both Re:Zero and Toradora so quickly, I think I need a break. But I'll probably start watamote next.