Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRaven81

TheRaven81 Pangalactic Porcupine

yes, absolutely. Can't say the same for everyone else, but personally I'm pretty much there almost all day every day.

• KATpwnd

KATpwnd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm online now :3
      And sorry, I've hardly ever been on Discord so I don't have the slightest clue what I do :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
      • silvekinesis

silvekinesis Void-Bound Voyager

How to add NPC path for some map even edited schedule (They cant walk out or walk in)
        i try so many ways...

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

I want to ask a question about the dog area. Are the tiles/properties of the tiles that tell the game where the dog area is or is it based on the map coordinates? I want to alter my farm map.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

fixed coordinates for the pet area.

• oldfarmer93

Changing the place of the dog area and the spouse one(that seem to work the same way as the dog one) would require coding(eventually a smapi mod) or changes in the map properties/tiles properties?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

cant be done even with coding, the coordinates are used by many widespread things, no way to modify them all.

oldfarmer93 likes this.
                • Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

how to edit multiple tiles at once?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hello everyone! I'm having an issue while editing maps! I'm trying to edit the Adventure Guild, but there seems to be an error due to the fact that I've added tile sheets that the vanilla .xnb file doesn't have. I'll give you the console error so maybe you guys can help me out!

[ERROR SMAPI] An error occured in the base update loop: Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "weapons". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\weapons.xnb". File not found.
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
                    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
                    at xTile.Display.XnaDisplayDevice.LoadTileSheet(TileSheet tileSheet) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Display\XnaDisplayDevice.cs:line 94
                    at xTile.Map.LoadTileSheets(IDisplayDevice displayDevice) in C:\Users\Barone_\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\tide-83511\TileMapEditor\xTile\Map.cs:line 309
                    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateOther(GameTime time) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 2964
                    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime) in C:\Users\tomc\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Stardew.XNA\Farmer\Farmer\Game1.cs:line 1598
                    at StardewModdingAPI.Inheritance.SGame.Update(GameTime gameTime) in
                    D :\source\SMAPI\src\StardewModdingAPI\Inheritance\SGame.cs:line 334

It states that it cannot find file "weapons.xnb", yet the file IS in the Content folder. I've tried adding it to the Maps folder, but that made no difference. Maybe the Adventure Guild has some coding that needs to be edited outside of the map file?

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Bump.
                      Sorry guys, I would just really like to edit the Adventure Guild without having any issues :(
                      I would really appreciate some help!

• joyous.ariella

joyous.ariella Space Penguin Leader

Hey guys, I'm new at trying map editing. A user named Devilbro made a "horse friendly" town map edit and it's awesome, but there are a few things I want to tweak... I tried removing some bush tiles in tIDE but they still show up in-game. The tiles I removed weren't the actual bushes, but from the "paths" tilesheet, they were in the same place so I assumed that's what they were. Anyone know what I am doing wrong, or if this is even possible using tIDE? (ie are the bushes hard coded into the game?)

Horse friendly town on Nexus: http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/397/?

• oldfarmer93

The only layer edits that requires to start a new game is the paths layer. It's like a blueprint that builds things(trees/debris etc), that's why edits on this layer doesn not affect current saves. All the other layer changes are not save dependent.

• joyous.ariella

Interesting... is there a way to mod that layer with an already started game, via save game editing or SMAPI? Or is it hard coded?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You can mod the layer, but it requires a SMAPI mod to rebuild from the new blueprint.
                              Like any blueprint, changing the blueprint doesnt affect what has already been build, unless you rebuild it, and you need SMAPI to rebuild in this case :)

joyous.ariella likes this.
                              • oldfarmer93

I think a SMAPI mod could do the trick. Ask @Entoarox more about this since I do not posses coding knowledge.

• joyous.ariella

Ento beat you to the reply lol

Alrighty more and more everything I want to do uses SMAPI. Time to learn C#

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You could technically do it by savegame editing, but I really wouldnt recommend doing so, since it would be a total PITA, as you'd have to remove the old "build" and then manually "rebuild" all by hand, the virtual equivalent of tearing down the eifel tower and rebuilding it from scratch, with only your own 2 hands....

• Karmylla

Karmylla Space Kumquat

Hey guys, I'm still having this issue and I just don't know what to do! Can anyone help me out?

• Marcelo7

Marcelo7 Big Damn Hero

i followed the video walkthrough but i can't put individual tilesheets no matter what, only lay multiple work, WHY??? :cry:

• Nishtra

Nishtra Big Damn Hero

Ehm, why is your game trying to load weapons.xnb from Content directory?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.