RELEASED [Gameplay Mod] Tractor Mod

Discussion in 'Mods' started by lambui, Nov 16, 2016.

1. lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Hello guys, I am here again with another mod.

I find that it almost always impossible to finish clearing, tilling, watering, fertilizing, and planting all your seeds on the first day of the season, especially in the late game. For that reason, I make this mod.
    With this mod, you can till, water, fertilize, and plant your seeds by simply walk/run over dirt tiles on your farm.
    No more spam-clicking, no more worry about 2AM approaching on every first day of every season (except winter i guess)

Here is where you can download the mod.
    Have fun farming :)

Notice:
    As I no longer actively work on this mod since January of 2017, this TractorMod version may be outdated by the time you get to this thread.
    However, there is a community-maintained version here! So you should be heading over there for the most updated and working version of TractorMod!
    And if you want, you can become a maintainer for this mod over there too. It is very encouraged :)
    Thank you!
    End of notice ---

>> Thank Horse to Tractor mod by Pewtershmitz for the awesome Tractor sprite.

THIS IS A PURE SMAPI MOD, you don't have to replace any XNB file.

Latest Version: v3.2
    Change Log v.3.2:
    • Update for Stardew 1.2 SMAPI 1.10
    Read more about past changelogs here

How To Start:

• Press PhoneKey hotkey (Default is N)
    • Explore! :) (or read more about it on the github page How To Use section)
    TractorGarage.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 23, 2017
      Susa1990, IronZelly, onionguy and 6 others like this.
    • AngryCat

AngryCat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Someone needs to create a "swimsuit" and way to change into it, that makes it look like you are sitting in/on an actual tractor to go with this

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

There's a swimsuit mod AND a horse-into-tractor mod, but the current version of @lambui 's mod won't work on horseback :(

[​IMG]

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

maybe i will work on making the mod works while riding horse next. Seem like it makes more fun that way :)

Snarkypie and foghorn like this.
          • saitouhiro

saitouhiro Big Damn Hero

i cant activate it after i hold right click , it has the buff but no tractor spawns HELP!

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

do you have the correct config. By default you have to have iridium quality tools for it to work and make sure you have them equipped in your hand when holding down right click.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

well, it does now :)

Snarkypie, Acerbicon and foghorn like this.
                • General Chaos

General Chaos Pangalactic Porcupine

Thanks for making this, going to be using the horse mode because I turned my horse into a tractor :3

Harzelora likes this.
                  • Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Oxidasa_oxidaiye Starship Captain

I found a problem with this mod, i don't know if you guys have it too....every time I enter in "auto-harvest" mod and run through my crops I end up harvesting A LOT MORE than I planted. For example, let's say I plant a 5x5 patch of parsnips. If I harvest it, i will end up getting 200+ units of parsnips instead of 25 (5x5).

Any explanation ?

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Interesting. Let me take a look at the mod and see what happened.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

Alright, I figure it out. Because non-regrowable crops doesnt get removed when harvesting with the Harvest mode so if you standstill near those crops you will be able to keep on harvesting it forever, effectively giving you infinite harvest.

Bug is fixed with new patch 1.2.2 tho.

Thank for reporting bug :)

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

No no !, thank you for your excellent mod :)

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Ups !, I talk too soon. Found a few more issues. First, when I auto-harvest it seems I also harvest non-fully grown plants around me (and yes, i'm using your 1.2.2 patch now :) ). Second, it seems the scythe harvests in a radius of 3 or 4, instead of 2 as it is stablish in my config file. And third and last, when I put "1" in the WTFmode the mod seems to ingnore the "Radius" parameter for seeding, chopping wood and cutting stone, for example, if I set the harvesting radius to 3 and set the WTFmode to 1, both axe and pick only destroys stuff directly around me (a radius of 1 !!!).

:(

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

ohh, another one, the scythe doesn't auto-harvest grass or plant-fibers. If you could implement that too it would be sweet.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

uh oh i overlook fully-grown plants. Will fix it asap.
                                if the config radius is 2 that means 2 tile over in every direction so you will harvest in a 5x5 grid with your Farmer in the middle
                                and the radius only affects scythe harvest.

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Ohhh, i see, now I understand the "radius" thing. Thanks for the data.

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

New patch 1.2.3 should fix the bug that allows harvesting young crops

I also add harvesting animal grass in latest patch. Not the weeds because that would be too much works (figure out what drop it will yield and stuff, cause it drops multiple ones) atm. Maybe sometimes in the future.

Have fun :)

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Sweet, thank you very much ! :)

• Oxidasa_oxidaiye

Ups.....sorry for being annoying again....but I was harvesting sunflowers when I noticed it only yielded the flowers but not any sunflower seeds ?... :(

• lambui

lambui Big Damn Hero

No problem, I appreciate it.
                                          I will take a look at the code now, prob take a while to check every crops.