Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayne_20

rayne_20 Space Hobo

May I get some help on my issue?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Update SMAPI, you are using a heavily outdated version....

• rayne_20

rayne_20 Space Hobo

Worked Perfectly, didn't even notice it was outdated. Thank you sooooo much!

• Thiagoh92

Thiagoh92 Orbital Explorer

I get this error when I try to start the game, 0.40.1.1 (4th Oct. 2016) and 1.0 beta gave me the same error.
          Using Windows 10.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

It is reporting that the screen is unnamed, does this error not occur using the normal version of stardew? :S

• Thiagoh92

Without SMAPI the game runs normally.

• Thiagoh92

Found solution for my problem, thanks for answering me anyway.

http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/game-isnt-launching.125206/

• Snowy123456789

Snowy123456789 Void-Bound Voyager

When I press the indicated button of the mod the crash game

• Snowy123456789

Snowy123456789 Void-Bound Voyager

Is it because my windowns are 8.1? ;-;

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

log or it didnt happen.

• alxcyl

alxcyl Orbital Explorer

StardewModdingAPI.exe crashes right after running it and blurts out this error:

Code:
                        Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'StardewValley, Version=1.0.6124.26600, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
                           at StardewModdingAPI.Program.Main(String[] args)
                        Using the latest version on GOG.com and in Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Is your SMAPI.exe right next to the stardew.exe, because that error is saying it couldnt find the stardew.exe

• SVFarmRanch

SVFarmRanch Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,
                            I am trying to use smapi to change the time to be slower. All works fine, no error msgs, game starts, i even see a quick dos window pop up with the smapi modding info. The time does not slow down, nor can i use the "B" and "N" keys to do anything. I would give the smapi console config but i dont know how. Seems I do not have a %appdata% anywhere on my computer, just appdata without the parenthesis. I am very new to this, my first time doing it. I do have the files show up under the Mod Folder and all seems to be in order config-wise. Its just that the time is not slowing down... every 7 secs the time changes for 10 min. Can you help with just this text, can you help me find the files you need to help me?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The url given is what you need to enter into the path bar at the top, it will automatically send you to the correct location, each windows user has their own AppData folder, using the "%appdata%" name tells windows "The appdata folder for the current user" and makes things easier :)

• Pocong

Pocong Intergalactic Tourist

Why im here , my question broke the rule ?

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Please read the first post of this topic. It describes how to post your log and where to find it along with the behavior it was doing. This helps you by letting people that could help you, see what could be wrong. Logs tell us a lot on why a mod may not act correctly.

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

It is my first problem I ran into after moving to the 1.1 version of the game. Everything was functioning perfectly until I added A tapper dream - tree overhaul mod, Skill prestige mod, Cooking skill mod and the adapter for the cooking skill mod to work with the prestige one.

Here is the log.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The item collector is broken, did you make sure you have the unofficial patch?

• oldfarmer93

oldfarmer93 Void-Bound Voyager

I made it work, somehow. I had the unofficial patch installed since I migrated to the 1.1 patch. What I did is that I copied the mod file from the archive into the mods folder again and overwrited the "older" ones. After that I renamed some folders to have them loaded in a specific order and it's working alright.

The only problem left is that the cooking mod doesn't use the icon that is in the mod folder for the skill. I'll speak with the mod author to try and solve that problem.

Thanks anyway!

• elaurabrew

elaurabrew Space Hobo

Hi Guys. I was running CJB cheats menu fine a few months ago but then I took a break from the game. When i came back i updated SMAPI and downloaded the latest version of the update but when i run the game and press P to activate the mod this error log appears in SMAPI. I've tried manually installing and i've deleted and re installed everything but nothing happens. Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.