in game CTG: card bound

Discussion in 'Other' started by nomad ninga, Oct 19, 2016.

?

star cards?

1. yes

2. no

3. waist of dev time

4. let me hear more

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nomad ninga

nomad ninga Star Wrangler

hey I have been thinking up a possibly new feature to add to the game that would add a lot of depth:

card bound

the idea is that as you travel the stars and find loot you could find cards and put them into a deck then play npcs or other players if your on a server. you could find cards in chests all over planets and depending on the biome you could get different cards. the game would take place on a 5 by 7 board (five wide seven tall) where you can play your cards in your first two ranks spending credits which you get each turn, if you placed your card in the first rank they would get some buff (maybe +2/+2) and not move on your first turn making them more defensive.

income:
    at the start of each turn you would get credits equal to your income your income would start at 3 and max at seven, your income would increase by one every other turn or when you get a kill. at the end of your turn you would lose two of your credits if you don't have enough credits you would loose them all.

troops:
    troops are the main part of the game they have a attack and health and at the end of turn they move forward and if there's a troop your opnent controls your troop would attack it reducing its health by its attack.

techs:
    techs would be powerful cards that you play ounce and have a big effect when you play. unlike other cards techs can be played anywhere on the bored unless the card says so.

wining:
    you win the game if one of your troops gets to the other side of the bored

card draw:
    at the start of your turn you draw a card

card examples:

florin rage
    tech
    coast 2
    (give a troop +3/-1)
    this card would pop up most often in florin areas but could also be found in other places

human adventure
    troop
    coast 5
    2/3
    (you can place troops on the same row as this troop, if you do they don't move this turn)
    this would be found almost any where would be great offense card and let you realy do some pushing

cow herder
    troop
    coast 4
    2/5
    (if you played this in the first row spawn two 1/3 cows next to it that don't move this turn)
    found in nova kid areas and somewhat rare

thing in the lava
    troop
    coast 7
    7/7
    (when played it deals its damage all cards in its column)

point of card bound:
    card bound would add a fun mini game to play with your friends or tenants you could even gamble pixels on it. some side quest should also have star card portions to add interesting dynamic.

you probably wondering how decks are built, for this there would be two stations:

deck builder:
    lets you put 30 cards in a deck

deck debuilder:
    unbuilds your decks

both of these would be at the staitoin for you to use

any card or mechanic ideas you have? please tell me>:up:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2017
    HunterC1998 likes this.
  2. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Personally, it sounds amazing!

nomad ninga likes this.
  3. nomad ninga

hey thanks, you have any ideas?

HunterC1998 likes this.
  4. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

Not at the moment but if I do, i will be sure to let you know.

5. nomad ninga

kk thanks

HunterC1998 likes this.
  6. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal

I'd like more minigames. I'm enjoying fossil excavation so far, and it'd be neat to see what else CF can come up with.

7. NovaJ

NovaJ Sandwich Man

umm I think it would be a great spinoff game by itself but in Starbound it just doesn't really work in my opinion