Modding Discussion A place to discuss map editing and other related stuff

Discussion in 'Mods' started by QuantumConcious, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm having a really weird issue where Tide shows me the version of the tilesheet that I've edited, but when I go in-game, it uses a different, unedited version. I've replaced the tilesheet xnb in Content at least five times, extracted it to make sure it was the right one (and it was) and repacked it again but it still doesn't work. Is this an issue anyone else has had, or am I messing up completely?

• Kattia

Kattia Subatomic Cosmonaut

There are a handful of duplicate files in the Content folder, you could try finding a file with the same name in a different subfolder and replace with your edited one until you find the one the game actually uses? :)

MoonlitBrenya and SarahSyna like this.
      • SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

The weirdest thing is that sometimes it takes. It's frying my head.

But I may have misplaced one in the right area by accident. I'll go look!

Edit: That got it! Thank you, you wonderful being!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
        • MapScribe

MapScribe Master Chief

Hello, I'm trying to do an action warp from point A to point B in the same map(Shed).
          [​IMG]
          The blue highlighted square above is point A (9,5)

[​IMG]
          The blue highlighted square above is point B (9,21)

I tried (Action|Warp 9 21 Shed) in the building tile (9, 4) and it didn't quite work as expected. How would I go on to make it work properly?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Is this intended to be a automatic (walk-over) or triggered (click-on) warp, for click-on, your code is correct but it has to be on the Buildings layer, for walk-on you need to add it to the map properties warps list.

• MapScribe

MapScribe Master Chief

Thank you for the fast reply. It's meant to be a triggered (click-on) warp. The image below shows the tile property of the object intended to trigger the event.
              [​IMG]

When the trap door is clicked the screen goes black for a second as if I'm being warped, sadly I remain in the same position.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Ah, this is inside a placeable building? I am afraid `Warp` does not work for those, if you make your mod dependent on AdvancedLocationLoader you can use `ALLShift`, as that will work inside placeable buildings.

• MapScribe

MapScribe Master Chief

I'll see if i can get things working with that then. Thank you.

• Baka-Alpaca

Baka-Alpaca Big Damn Hero

I-I'm sorry, I tried reading through 27 pages and it kind of made my head hurt... and, er, I have a dumb question. Like, super dumb.

I can't... edit tiles... I don't know why?;;; I can edit them in places like the spouse room or farm house, but when it comes to map locations like the town, mountain, farm, etc... Placing tiles doesn't show up in tIDE. I can erase tiles to my heart's content, and they disappear, but I can't place anything in any layer. What am I doing wrong?;;; Is there a setting I'm missing, or am I completely dumb;;;

I'm slowly trying to learn this sort of thing so I can add a location somewhere for a new NPC... but I'm so overwhelmed OTL

edit: I'M AN IDIOT it's the "lay block of tiles" button ("B") not the "T" I was using... omg...
                    thank you to Timidx3 for helping me ;<;

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
                    • SailorDrew

SailorDrew Void-Bound Voyager

I think I saw somewhere that someone had a problem with an old edit continually being uploaded even when they've replaced the file? I'm running into that problem. I deleted my farm_foraging maps, saved, and packed, but when I go to start a new farm the map looks like it did last save. What was the solution for this problem?

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Where are you editing your XNB files at? You may not have write permissions for the directory that you're working out of.

• monteso

monteso Big Damn Hero

You are edting the Map layer properties, what you need to edit is the Tilesheet and Tile Index properties. Shown here in pic.

Untitled.png

Rosalie likes this.
                          • SailorDrew

I'm editing it in tIDE. I haven't taken any additional steps other than unpacking it, opening up in tIDE and placing/ deleting titles.

• foghorn

@SailorDrew I meant, where on your computer are you unpacking and saving the files? On your desktop, in the 'Documents' folder, etc.,..

• SailorDrew

Oh, haha. I'm unpacking and packing in my 'Downloads' folder: Downloads\XNBNode\Content (packed stuff)\Work (unpacked).

• foghorn

^Right-click on the XNBNode folder, select 'Properties', and make sure that the 'Read-only' box isn't ticked.

No need to extract the files manually, by the way.

• the_grim_gamer

the_grim_gamer Big Damn Hero

Hi, I've got a quick question about map editing, maybe someone here can help me out. I've been fiddling around with Tego's version of the farm map in tIDE and I've made some edits to remove the shed in the lower right and change some ground from grass to dirt which seems to work just fine but when I go to delete the bushes in the lower left by removing their tiles in the paths layer they stick around on my save. Is there something else I have to do to manipulate bushes on my save game?

• Advize

Advize Cosmic Narwhal

The actual bushes you find in game are not the tiles you find on the paths layer, rather, the paths layer tells the game where to spawn bushes. If you started a new game with your current edited map then the bushes wouldn't spawn. Unfortunately, those bushes are present in your save which you'll need either a save editor to remove or you'll have to write yourself a SMAPI mod to remove it via code.

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

For some reason I can't get the 'lay individual tiles' tool in TIDE to work with the Farm_Foraging map. It works fine in other maps. What the heck? It's a real pain, let me tell you.

EDIT: It works with Farm.xnb (original farm) but not any of the new Farm layouts. :(

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
                                        • GBDetective

GBDetective Void-Bound Voyager

Er, I hope this isn't a dumb question. I just started using tIDE, and I want to combine some of @alicedafox 's spouse room edits with @endermaryn 's spouse room edits, but I've never edited tbin files before. I essentially want to copy and paste whole rooms from one of the tbins to the other. Is that possible? Or do I have to manually place all the tiles while referencing a picture of the other map?

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.