RELEASED Easier fishing

Discussion in 'Cheats' started by steffjes, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Zalkyria

Zalkyria Existential Complex

I put it in and it seemed to work just fine. Idk why its not working for you.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Are you sure that you're unzipping it, and placing the fish.xnb that's inside that zip in contents\data and backing up the official fish.xnb?

I gave you the exact fish.xnb that I've been using since I modified it and it's a lot easier than vanilla. Though I use the "Easier" and not the "Super-Easy" version.

amberchevy02 likes this.
      • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I uploaded the mod into the official mod repo.

Since @steffjes has not been active since July, and since this mod was never in the repo to begin with, I can only figure that I'm doing everybody a service by doing this. If there's a problem with that, I (or a moderator) can take the mod down, np.

Just figured I'd help people out that way.

here's the repo version:

http://community.playstarbound.com/resources/categories/gameplay-mechanics.23/

garpu likes this.
        • LakhesisGames

LakhesisGames Space Hobo

I too would like to know this. I would love to see the super easy version available again :)

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

You should be able to do the exact same thing I said to do with the "easier fishing" above: download the super easier fish.xnb, unpack it, add the last two lines (give them both I dunno 20-30 challenge) and then re-pack and viola. done.

• Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

This mod has always been just too easy IMO, requiring almost no user action for most fish, at that point you might as well just remove the fishing mini-game. :(

I've always found this fishing mod to be a bit better but it does require SMAPI. It isn't updated for 1.1, but I've had no issues after 30+ hours with it.
              http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/halted-development-smapi-0-39-7-zoryns-mods.108756/

It has a config for personalizing how easy/hard you want it:
              Code:
              {
                "AlwaysPerfect": false,
                "AlwaysFindTreasure": false,
                "InstantCatchFish": false,
                "InstantCatchTreasure": false,
                "EasierFishing": false,
                "FishDifficultyMultiplier": 1.0,
                "FishDifficultyAdditive": 0.0,
                "LossAdditive": 0.002,
                "InfiniteTackle": false,
                "InfiniteBait": false
              }
              This is what I use, basically this is the exact same as the vanilla fishing but the bar loss is 3x slower. It still keeps the unique movements of each fish as CA intended.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
              • Witsend66

Witsend66 Aquatic Astronaut

The point of it being easy is that some of us have crippling arthritis and I can play with mod or not play SDV, given that choice I choose the mod. I have no problems with easy or hard just that I don't want my hand to hurt like hell, I would have been satisfied if the developer had done something like World of Warcraft fishing that was based on rng, but with the use of mod, I can now play and be able to complete quests that require fishing items.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

ryou0013 and LakhesisGames like this.
                • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I already updated my mod, but having a direct link in here doesn't hurt either. What values did you use for the 2 new fish? I made the one 20 and the other 15.

EDIT: And yeah I do not appreciate Dark Souls type people talking down on people who just want to have a relaxing time playing a game that's not really meant to be uber-difficult. If they want Dark Souls, they can go and buy Dark Souls. I'm not talking down on them either; I just wish they'd keep their MLG attitudes to their own circles and leave us casuals alone to our own circles and we could all be happy. The whole point of a moddable game is to mod it to the player's pleasure. That's what games are for, right? To have fun? Obviously a player is not having fun if they are unable to succeed at the game because it is just too difficult for whatever reason (medical, mental, etc). Most games have a difficulty slider, but this one does not.

sabrinatw and Dakmordian like this.
                  • FieryDove

FieryDove Space Hobo

Thank you x1000000 for this! I just cannot get good with fishing as-is plus my hand hurts after trying so much. sigh

Cheers to all the life (and hand) savers out there!
                    FD

• samiam790

samiam790 Space Hobo

Okay so I just opened SV for the first time since the 1.1 update rolled out, and I used Xylia's uploaded fish.xnb file, but when I tried fishing the game crashed and opened up a werfault.exe error reporting command? Any help would be appreciated seeing as I can't fish with the regular fishing lol.

Edit: Just downloaded the mod posted over @ the repo, and now it's working. for some reason when I went to put the mod in content/data there was NO Fish.xnb file to be found, even though I JUST placed it there like 10 minutes before. So don't know what happened there.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
                      • Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Someone said that they were using my mod and that fishing was still crashing them with the 2 new fish (the original fish work fine), but I haven't gotten a save file that far to test this yet (the 2 new fish require the CC to be done) but I hope to be able to do that today, or maybe tomorrow at the latest, to test if my mod does indeed crash the game with the 2 new fish and see if I can figure out why.

• Brimmy

Brimmy Void-Bound Voyager

So i just had a lookie lu into SV's local files and the last time i played this game was months ago but i've like 136 some odd hours into this game so i've had the fishing mod for awhile well the shortcut to the original fish file has been on my desktop do i delete that one now that there's a new xnb file there?

and then follow the steps for the updated one in the mod repo?

• sabrinatw

sabrinatw Phantasmal Quasar

Thank you so much for uploading this, as some have already said you've helped myself and so many others! I've found an extra level of enjoyment from the game now I can actually fish with this mod (rather than simply avoiding it due to bad reflexes and pain) which is what it's all about really. :3

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
                            • Marie84

Marie84 Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you for uploading. I can not fish with out a mod. I was hoping one would come out for the new update.

sabrinatw likes this.
                              • Zihuatanejo_girl

Zihuatanejo_girl Tentacle Wrangler

THANK YOU!!!! Really, thank you so much for the mod. I was thinking to give it a try myself but honestly I am no geek and wouldn't even know where to start, even with the kind advice of samiam790 (thank to you also for your patience with us noobs on this sub) and I would probably ruin my game. I am no hardcore gamer, I prefer strategies as Caesar and silly stuff like the sims and so and the fishing was really hard for me, as I lack the coordination skills of a "real" gamer. Plus, now I can also play my beloved Stardew Valley again even after work when my carpal tunnel is quite sore. Really, thank you so much.

sabrinatw likes this.
                                • piperbuns

piperbuns Space Spelunker

THANK YOU. I can't fish regularly either. But I'm having issues downloading your link. It keeps popping up as an error here in the forums. Did you already take it down?

• piperbuns

piperbuns Space Spelunker

I think you're right. I got it now. Thank you <3

• FarmerHedgie

FarmerHedgie Void-Bound Voyager

Does the supereasy fishing mod work with 1.11? My game crashes in the witches swamp and the sewer when I try to fish. Has anyone else had this problem?

I really love this mod -- it makes the game enjoyable rather than having a painful part.

• Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I have an updated mod here. The mod in the front page of this thread will not work, because CA added two more new fish, and those fish are not in this modded fish.xnb which means the game will simply crash when you try to fish them up.

Please read the instructions carefully, though.